Can The Soul Be Teleported?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by skip, May 1, 2015.

1. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

This may be my last post in this thread as I'm not down with making my point in numerous ways...no offense at all. It's not semantics. It's acknowledging that we don't know everything. I mentioned lobotomies as an example of a time when we did what we thought we knew based on the research at that time...but now we know more so we act differently. I made it very clear that I'm posting in relation to the idea of inventing some sort of machine that can hold "all of the knowledge of the universe". My point is that we don't know what that full knowledge is and that should be very clear to anyone reading what I posted. Any attempt to distort or distract from that is semsntics on your part, not mine.

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Haha! You pulled a estimate out of your ass about how much of the universe we know, I provided what is the accepted scientific estimate, no distorting of semantics.

3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Ok. I'm out.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

So do you view the Universe as like a computer? Wouldn't there be a persistent energy or radiation detectable?

The suggested continual drop in temperature and wavelengths of the CMB with the Expansion of the universe doesn't seem like it could suffice for this.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

yeah, i believe that reality is computational. i guess you could say that it is lime the biggest comouter in existence. The scales invilved are unfathonable though. I have read a couple things about possibly there being some evidence of extremely energetic events before the big bang .. what ever that is. I'm not convinced that the big bang was the beginning, maybe there is a point that we will never be able to see past, im not sure but the idea of an absolute beginning just doesnt seem to make sense to me ... i mean there must have been something, some reality had to have always existed.

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The first sentence is a statement of belief. The second sentence is also a statement of belief.
    I posit that soul is sense of self in the body. Such a thing we have and can empirically relate to, unlike unicorns. I differentiate the soul from spirit. Spirit in simplest terms is breath. The breath comes and goes from the body. It is the things that lights the organism making metabolic combustion possible. The soul develops continuously in conjunction with spirit as the body grows blossoming into personality. Continuity is essential for this soulful sense to exist.

From wikipedia on quantum teleportation,
    Quantum teleportation is a process by which quantum information (e.g. the exact state of an atom or photon) can be transmitted (exactly, in principle) from one location to another, with the help of classical communication and previously shared quantum entanglement between the sending and receiving location. Because it depends on classical communication, which can proceed no faster than the speed of light, it cannot be used for superluminal transport or communication of classical bits. It also cannot be used to make copies of a system, as this violates the no-cloning theorem. While it has proven possible to teleport one or more qubits of information between two (entangled) atoms,[1][2][3] this has not yet been achieved, if it is even possible, between molecules or anything larger, due to the no-teleportation theorem.[clarification needed]

As to teleportation if you have a working teleportation device and you know the science then definition is not a problem. Thus far the claim on teleportation in this conversation is that they have done it with photons, particles. That scientists think that this might be the first step in teleporting dense objects is quite a reach. The behavior of each is quite different. Solid objects moving in newtonian space and photons exhibiting quantum behavior. If mind affects quantum experiments then perhaps quantum mechanics exhibit our own level of abstraction or fundamental force we a privy to. The mind is naturally abstract, could be that spirit creates a quantum interface with newtonian space animating matter. Spirit possibly being a matter of plank length geometry alla Penrose and congruous wave forms. It seems more likely that we do what we have done which is to project or transmit our ephemeral images in the form of symbols.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Where would a 'universal computer' get it's structure and complexity from to run the universe(s)? Wouldn't it necessarily have to be finite as well to structure laws and constants?

I've watched a few vids today, neither nothing nor infinity seem particularly compelling imo.

1 person likes this.
  8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

The structure of the universe that we can observe is derived through computation. The infinite and infinitesimal will always exist to us, whether or not they actually exist; this is so while we are one step behind in taking measurements. I'm reading Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason today, i highly recommend it.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

since the soul is the identity, the person, there wouldn't be much point in teleporting anything else. i mean as far as people or most anything else living. trade goods of course. but not people, or any life form more complex then a microbe.

10. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

A book I've had for many years, called "Life Forces", basically discusses such diverse subjects as I-Ching, Yoga, Martial Arts, and Magic.
    According to this book, a Dr. Monroe had a man's body on a special table that told the person's weight, right down to the gram.
    The volunteer new how to leave his body (Astral Projection). Dr. Monroe had his volunteer astral project, while the weight was watched. It was shown that the soul apparently weighed 0.67 grams, as this was the differences.

11. broony

broony Banned

Learn about the body's natural release of DMT.

So, if you can, buy some mimosa hostilis root bark, extract DMT from it.

Smoke the DMT.

The answer to the original post is most definitely yes...