bioLite fire pit

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by ywarpeace, Jun 5, 2014.

1. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

so ive been following biolite company for about 2 years now and i just read that in '13 that they built a fire pit version that converts the heat from a normal campfire into 1000 watts/84ish amps....

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/album.php?albumid=8855&pictureid=110124

i was just thinking that this would almost be perfect for a small deep-woods cabin, although getting it there would be a pain weighs 500lbs, they also have a couple of other ideas they're thinking of, clay oven stay, hibachi grill, etc. i think that this is one of the best up and comming outdoors companies, just figured id post this and see what you guys think

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Interesting. It powers a charging station.
    Can it charge deep cycle batteries?

I work with a project that is a greenhouse with incidental USB charging, via the three/four deep cycle batteries.

3. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

im not quite sure, ill have to do a little more research on that and get back to you

4. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

after ive done a little more delving into deep cell batteries im sure with a little more ingenuity and custom work to the existing generator you could attach a regulator or split-er of sorts to produce long term charging with low current draw and high current draw for shorter term charging on possibly to different charging stations, they are also building other products like a pizza oven and a franklin stove both with the same tech generator, both of which generator greater heat that in turn means greater power so ya i could feasibly see somebody running a house on it with proper charging and power saving stations, plus if you already had a small turbine or solar power on top of this you could generate more power than you need