Bible Questions?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

I would like to know the chapter in the bible where it says catholic priests and brothers can molest and abuse innocent children while preaching the word of the lord. where in the bible is this explained?
    I was raised a catholic in Ireland so I know exactly what I am talking about. My family has even been directly affected by this evil.
    I would just love if someone could explain it to me seriously because my faith is gone. can the bible answer this one?

2. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

First, I'm sorry this has happened and this is not something God wanted or something the Bible condones.

The Bible however does say that we are all sinners. Because of that things like this will happen. The fact is that this happens much more often in the world than the Christian congregation but the fact is that it does happen in the Christian congregation. But what should happen to ones who molest and abuse innocent children while preaching the word of the lord.

Such ones should at the very least be immediately removed from all positions of authority and reproved before all onlookers (all that have knowledge of the situation) and possibly even removed from the Christian congregation altogether and thrown outside, where there will be their weeping and gnashing of teeth.

If this is not done then that would call into question whether that church is really the true Christian Church.

This is not what the Catholic Church did and still has not done and that is another reason I do not believe that the Catholic Church is not the true Christian Church.

PS If you wish I can give Bible verses to support all I have said but I have to go to work and do not have the time to look them up right now.

3. sathead

sathead Banned

I believe that Hegel was Lutheran, but his concepts of immediate sexuality were against solutions of the religious concern; nevertheless, his middle class revolved about such issues in the twilight of human progressive changes like self-making for the professional (something or other) Conscience.

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The problem with reconciliation is that there is no inherent conflict. Atonement is the acceptance of native inheritance.

5. sathead

sathead Banned

Well, the culture atones with economic reconsideration that security and the profit motive have their right place for the loving group (family or hobbyists or whatever is truly in love) to go TO for their FREEDOM to leave at bad material vs. bad ideal actions.

6. worldsofdarkblue

worldsofdarkblue Banned

Forgiveness is a Cardinal principle of Christianity, as is penance.

7. thedope

I desire mercy, not sacrifice.

8. thedope

Security is not found in the buck, currency fluctuates.

9. sathead

sathead Banned

Sure is for a Christian, unless he fails to be meaningful for justice. Mercy from God comes for the subjectively just, he will pay you back a thousand times over when you need to know less.

10. thedope

God's mercy would be boundless if the money changers are expunged from the temple of God which is the heart of man.
    The battle is not between good and evil but God and mammon.

11. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Is the christian god infallible?

12. thedope

Christ means anointed authority. It is not a matter of ability, it is a matter of the way things exist.

13. OlderWaterBrother

Yes

14. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

Double negative. So you do believe the Catholic church to be the true Christian church :tongue:

yeah, I'm back :D

15. OlderWaterBrother

Well, I don't really believe the Catholic church is the true church, I just believe that my grammar is really bad. :(

16. OlderWaterBrother

God did not "make" having sex with or marrying a former wife an abomination, it just is.

17. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

What is an abomination according to God?

Leviticus

18:22 And thou shalt not lie with mankind as one lieth with a woman: it is an abomination.

Leviticus

11:9-12

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat
    And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
    They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination.
    Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

18. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Since Jesus was half god was he physically more gifted than any other human on Earth?

If so how much could he theoretically bench press?

19. OlderWaterBrother

Yes, Jesus was a perfect human and if he had spent the time to gain strength, might have been able to set records for the bench press but he had other things to do. On the other hand Samson who was not perfect but just a servant of God, was given great strength by God, so who knows. ;)

20. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

Well, Jesus did overthrow those very heavy tables :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.