Bible Questions?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by OlderWaterBrother, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

2. honeyfugle

honeyfugle pumpkin

Yeah... imagine a fight with a jihadist Christian....

Grrrrr *snarls angrily*.... when I get my hands on you, I'm gonna give you the worst damn forgiving of a lifetime!!!

3. def zeppelin

:rofl:

When I get my anointing oil on you... YOU'LL SEE... YOU'LL SEE!!

I'LL PRAY ON YOU SO HARD THAT YOU'LL SEE STARS AND LAMP STANDS... :D

4. Ukr-Cdn

Ukr-Cdn Striving towards holiness

Say two Our Fathers, and two Hail Marys... :rolleyes: ;):cool:

5. def zeppelin

:p

...MAAYYYYBEEE :D

6. Ukr-Cdn

Ukr-Cdn Striving towards holiness

Did Jesus ever have a real body, in the sense that it wasn't something he "put on" like clothes...

7. darrellkitchen

darrellkitchen Lifetime Supporter

(this is in response to a Reported Post) ... uhm ... which one is trolling?

HTML:

8. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I guess someone must reported Sweetleaf63 for trolling in posts 1961 and 1964. I do not know who reported it, I just thought she was new and didn't know better but maybe you could explain it better to her. :hat:

9. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

The Bible isn't real specific about it but would assume that being born a human and just materializing a body are two different things.

10. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Sweetleaf63

11. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

It is said that it is not flesh and blood with which we contend, but principalities and powers.
    What are principalities and powers?

12. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I'm gonna wash your feet so hard!!!:p

13. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Did Abraham know gods name?

Genesis 22:14

And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen

Exodus 6:3

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

14. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I guess it could be considered running a marathon. We are given the ability, the directions to the coarse, water/energy gel stations, running shoes and mile markers. All that's left is the willingness to carry it out.

but then again we have this analogy too.
    [​IMG]

15. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Christ teaches us to become the tender of the flock of our own emergence. The sheep herders principle occupation is to maintain a state of restful awareness. That simple state of vigilance is enough to ward off any wolf or steer clear of any precipice. A wave of the hand turns the flock as well as sends the wolf running. We needn't be concerned at all about the worthiness of sheep. We are as God created us.

16. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Why would a loving god burn people alive?

Numbers

11:1

And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp.

Since the doctrine of hell fire in the bible is apparently incorrect by what some posters have suggested, could is be possible that the confusion of an eternity of fire after death have sprung from god immolating humans while they were still alive?

Furthermore, why would god burn people alive and to add to that if he is omnipotent why would he care if people disagreed with him unless he was a complete control freak? (which apparently he was)

Or is just another passage in the bible that has been chosen to be ignored based on absurdity and unmitigated cruelty, couldn't god simply of show them through conclusive evidence that what they were complaining about was simply a misunderstanding of his ultimate goal?

Why does god even have anger, he is supposedly superior to every intellect in existence could he not simply offer a few classes proving what he says it always correct instead of just killing those who annoy him? (why would a supreme being care about people annoying him?)

And last but not least, what drawn the more thoughtful Christians originally towards that particular deity, surely you weren't simply born with the innate knowledge of Judea Christian theology?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.