Best “Lake Trip” you’ve ever experienced or went on?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Just wondering because a cousin of mine just invited me? He and his friends have “Powerboats/Jet Skis/Tubes” and stuff and wanted to know if I’d go Boating with them at Lake Michigan?

Which brings me to the point or question: What’s best “River/Lake/Ocean” trip you’ve ever experienced or been on? Have you ever been to the Great Lakes? Like Lake Superior? Or Lake Eries? Or Lake Ontario or anything? Or have you been to the Mississippi River or any special rivers in Ohio or anywhere in the US? Just wondering what’s “funnest or most exciting” place to go for Camping/Lake or River Exploring is? Thank you.

Toker likes this.
  2. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Plz read my thread called new project. Its in rainbow family section. Aint done much water stuff in a long while.

3. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I think white water rafting down a river in Alaska was cool. Also an inner tube down the McKenzie river in Oregon was a blast.

In Sweden I got to windsurf one day, go on a small sailboat the next day, on the third, a larger sailboat for a day cruise. I found Swedes to be lotsa fun!

A dingy on Glacier Lake, Montana was also fun.

Least enjoyable was an outing on Lake Mead, Nevada.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    kinulpture and 6Sailor9 like this.
  4. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

5. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Circle line in NYC when I was 6 dressed as a sailor.... Goes around Manhattan via Hudson and East river.

Boat rides thru the canals of Amsterdam and on Lake Vinkeveen with friends.

kinulpture likes this.
  6. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

Awesome, for abt last 13yrs ive become very interested in the oh tenn cumb rvr area. Partly bcuz its a relatively reasonable distance for me to semipermanently move to. Helps immensely that ill has recweed. Been wishing to attend a southern ill rainbow regional. But this or that prevented such.

7. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

I have boated, and swam in all of the Great Lakes. I’m partial to Lake Michigan as I live 3/4 of a mile from it.