Arguments

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Hudson0697, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Hudson0697

Hudson0697 Member

Does anyone out there have a partner that lives to argue? This is so tiring. So tired of the emotional rollercoaster and walking on eggshells. Just needed to rant.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds like you should possibly move on?

3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I did once and I divorced her ass because she liked fucking other people as much as she liked arguing with me. My current wife and I have been together for 12 years and rarely argue. It's not worth living that way.

Another thing we pay attention to is what we call going past the point of relevancy. People bring up old shit and open old wounds too often because they are still hurting from them. We don't do that. Don't start a conversation about one thing and finish it by having the 5th rematch of an argument you had about something totally different 2 months ago.

4. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I refuse to live like that. I had a step mom like that for a while. It was hell on earth. I wouldn't live a life like that.

5. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

My boyfriend and I almost never argue. - Sometimes I bring things up with my boyfriend in ways that I think are mean. -- I'm not very good at sticking up for myself without being mean. I've had this problem for years and have wanted to work on it.

My boyfriend handles when I do this really well though.

I'm so thankful to be in a relationship that doesn't have much arguing. --- I do plan to be more sensitive to "his needs" though because, even if he isn't okay with things, I don't think he'd "say anything" about the things.

This can work in my favor. -- I do also think that he's the type of person who is okay with letting others "get their way" most of the time.

6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I think that disagreements, conflict and some arguing is healthy in a relationship, because it helps you learn how to resolve things...together. But, too much arguing, or to where it becomes emotionally and verbally abusive, obviously that's not good. And someone who ''lives to argue,'' usually has issues that have nothing to do with the relationship. I know this is an old thread, but just thought I'd add my thoughts.

YogaBird and wilsjane like this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It tends to come with the patter of tiny feet. Some people call it PMT, but the added responsibility of looking after children can be very stressful.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The older we get, the less we argue.

I think it comes from being a relationship long enough to really know each other's quirks and idiosyncrasies. Also, I have less of a need to "prove my point" than I did 10 years ago or so.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We have an argument about something completely fucking pointless like 3 times a year, usually the result of one of us being a moody asshole and making the other person tense with our mood.
    For all the big stuff we're on the same page or can talk it out fairly well

My ex liked to provoke fights and would play head games, he would have my head so twisted during an argument I would have to go away and avoid him for a few days just so I could think clearly. Never again. I like living a peaceful life

10. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

I used to have a partner that did. I left the relationship and have not wished to be back since. I am now happily married but still deal with the ex from time to time as we have a son together.

11. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Thankfully I've never had a partner who was excessively argumentative. They'd all let their displeasure show in their own ways, but never in a way where they'd go into their "beast mode" and let loose.

12. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

As long as you win the argument. :D