Are you afraid of dying?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by granny_longhair, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Saved for what?

1 person likes this.
  2. CaliKaty

CaliKaty Members

I'm not afraid. In fact, I'm kind of looking forward to finding out what my next big adventure is. When I go, I want to be buried in one of those eco urns that turns me into a tree :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

It is my belief that some people die a slow death because of unresolved issues of past confrontations. If an old adversary does not want to come to peaceful terms then you have done all you can. I have found therapy in just writing out letters that I do not send but just place in a bottle and hide in a disused building and use first names to someone who I did not do the right thing by even going back many decades.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I do not want to die. I'm not afraid of it, really, especially if I can just go peacefully, but that's not my goal in life. My goal in life has always revolved around the fascination and strive for immortality. I really do hope aliens come down to earth because I got a lot of shit I need to say to them, and if they do in fact exist, then I'll sell my goddamn soul for whatever miraculous aging creams and immortality apples they possess.

And I ain't going ' down like Alexander. Immortality obtained by a name handed on through history textbooks. Fuck you, Alexander. That some real pussy shit right there! Ain't good enough to be great. It's gotta be Jocelyn the Immortal or nothin'.

1 person likes this.
  5. I sometimes find it weird that people aren't more weirded out by the fact that we're all going to die. Just imagine the countless generations of people who have come and gone, all living their lives to the fullest, only to be wiped out. We're in the prime of our lives one moment; we're old people the next. Used up and forgotten, even though, relatively speaking, it's a very short amount of time since we were young. A very short amount of time. It's weird the way we treat the elderly.

It's hard to say what the dying part of dying is, so I can't say if I'm afraid or not. It'll be fine to go in my sleep. I hate heights, though, and would hate to fall from a really tall tower or something. But it's not the death part that scares me. It's the falling part. The actual moment of death doesn't seem like a thing to be frightened of, so it's kind of weird. I'm afraid of dying but I'm not afraid to actually die.

6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Are you referring to me?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No. Alexander the Great.

8. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

Im not afraid of the dying in terms of ceasing to exist, missing out on whatever experiences, or not being fufilled with what ive done by thw i croak.
    I just dont want it to hurt, im a big pansy.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

And lying on your bed, many years from now. Would you give it back for a chance? Just one chance? To stand here and fight. That they may take our wives, but they'll never take, OUR FREEDOM!

1 person likes this.
  10. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

"My only regret is that I didn't squander my life killing Republicans," Jello Biafra.

C/S,
    Rev J

1 person likes this.
  11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Am I Afraid Of Dying, The Answer Is A Short And Simple......YES.

Fears Glen.

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm pretty much the opposite.

The thing that bothers me the most is knowing how much it will hurt my family for me to be dead.

1 person likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I know like everyone else I’ll eventually die, but I just don’t believe it

Hotwater

14. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I'm not afraid of death. I want to die. I've been wanting to die for a very long time. I want to see if something is better than this craphole, and yes... nonexistence would even be better. Life is crap, at least for me. I know it's beautiful and worthwhile, as a whole, but my little part of that whole is crap. So, I'm totally pro death. I'm done with life. However, I'm afraid of dying. The body and mind fights like no other to suvive. That is all it knows, survival. People think it's us that makes us strong, but I call BS. I say people are strong just to fit it, but I don't think any of us are strong. It's our body and mind, that we have little, to no control over that is strong. Sure, we can do things to make it easier to be strong, or stronger, but overall it's up to the body and mind. Anyways, I'm scared of dying becuase it sounds painful and uncomfortable. Plain and simple. However, I know the body and mind is good with survival when it comes to dying as well. For example, you're dying, right? Whatever is happening, eventually you will lose consciousness. Basically, it's not like you will experience all that you can experience during this dying process. I've died a bunch of times, and I don't remember any of it, becuase my body knocked me out, and mind repressed it. Thank you, body and mind. But, still I know pain and discomfort. It's no fucking walk in the park. Even a quick death like getting hit hard by a bus, you still feel some sort of pain and discomfort. I remember getting hit hard, not by a bus, but other things, and what happened was, I felt pressure to whatever area was getting hit hard, I saw black and a flash of blue, then knocked out. That split second was more than enough pain and discomfort for me, becuase I don't like pain and discomfort. Sure, I self militate, and I have tattoos, but that is controlled pain. This is pain and discomfort. Pain and discomfort that has no bounds, that won't give you a warning, and that you have no control over. I'm not into that kind of pain and discomfort.

Of course, I'm also concerned about the dogs that I live with. They are very much attached to me. I think. I don't communicate dog. I think this becuase I can't even spent the night somewhere else, without my roommates telling me that they were crying all day and night since I was gone. I can't even put on my clothes, without one dog running to one of my other roommates, becuase he can't be alone, apparently, and the other one is literally in front of me everywhere I fucking go, as I'm getting dressed... with that face of like I'm hurting him. They don't even know why I'm getting dressed, but if they don't see me with PJs, and they start seeing me with actual clothes... they freak the fuck out. So, if I go off and die, they might go off and die too. They are old though, so eventually they will pass, and I won't have any attachments to worry about. Besides my mom. But, she will be fine. She has been through worse. I'm sure she can survive her daughter dying. And my siblings, don't give a shit. We never really cared about each other, becuase we were always doing our own thing.

Debt, wise. I only have college and medical debt. So, I think I'm good there. I'm not married or have kids, so it's not going to screw anyone else. I do have money (I'm not rish or anything), but when I pass it goes straight to the government, so my family can't get it, if they wanted to. Other than that, I don't have anything. And if I were dying or trying to die, I would just discard of all my shit before I go. Don't leave a trace that I was alive at any point. It's all useless stuff, anyways. Nothing of value, or a lot of value.

So, yea... that's it.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, the family is always hard. I think about that too, like if I go what will my Laura be like. What would she do? The thought even pains me, for without her, boy... I can't even fathom.

1 person likes this.
  16. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Actual death of myself doesn't bother me, the suffering leading up to it used to bother me some but drugs and mindset can alleviate that to some degree and I would never end my own life no matter how sick I was BUT what scares me is losing someone very close to me, I know it's bound to happen eventually but it still scares me.

2 people like this.
  17. morrow

morrow Visitor

What secret said ^^^^

I think I'm more scared of leaving people upset, like my kids, and hope I'm of a mind to let them know how much they are loved. That bothers me more!

1 person likes this.
  18. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

That's the way I feel too.

1 person likes this.
  19. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Perfect thread to dump this song back off at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

2 people like this.
  20. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Dieing excites me. Life is cool and all. I would never kill myself or anything. Its like jumping out of a plane your first time. Kind of scared kind of excited. If I die slow ill be cranky ass hell though. If its just car crash, crushed and burning death then BRING IT ON I say... Of course... I been through some shit... Maybe my thinkings off. Saw someone get tortured to death once. Havent been the same since. That person was very scared to die and ill tell you in the end pain was the last thing he was sad about.