America in 20 years.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by forestdude, Sep 24, 2005.

1. toolstheshit44

toolstheshit44 Member

science has failed our world. its obvious. the human being is the soon to be destructer of mother earth. once california drifts away then everyone will realize its coming to an end.

2. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

no thats just fear AND ANTHROPOMORPHISM convoluding your thinking. You are afraid of the end of the world. You are even more afraid of mankind (and egocentric) because you think man poses a threat to the world.

From my perspective, its that planet that will destroy us before we destroy it. I don't think mankind has what it takes to destroy a planet. Mankind can kill mankind. Mankind can certainly RUIN the planet FOR ITSELF. This is another anthropomorphic egocentric thought has confused you. The end of OUR WORLD comes when man alters that planet to the point where the planet no longer provides mankind with an environment conducive to mankinds life. Its pretty much natures fail safe........all parasites ruin the symbiotic relationship and seal there own destruction before they can ever pose a threat to the host. Like a bacteria growing on your face that clogs a pore resulting in it being dislodged via a pimple popping puss out before the bacteria eats your entire head! Enjoy the comparison....I did.

3. toolstheshit44

toolstheshit44 Member

haha your thoughts were interesting....they are your thoughts and not mine. but if your looking at the earth from a physical aspect then yea we as humans are destroying the earth. ozone layer??

4. koopa

yeah but only destroying it for the current forms of life. Even if we nuked it it would exist. Our ecosystem as we know it may not, but a different one that would THRIVE in the earths changed state would. See.....your just confused because all your worring about is YOUR LIFE or LIFE AS YOU KNOW IT. But life is so much bigger than all of us!

Thanks for the kind words too....

P.S. TOOL IS THE SHIT!!!!

He has needs,
    like I do,
    we both want,
    to rape you......

5. toolstheshit44

toolstheshit44 Member

i understand what your saying but i do only care about the "human being of today.' my beliefs lead me to believe that we have evolved into what we are today. and the earth has evolved with us. and i also believe life is only what i am right now. i do not believe in after life. there is nothing bigger than what we live today. there might be some other life form but from a mother earth perspective it needs humans to change its ways or it will be uninhabitable for human beings if you will.
    "over analyzing seperates the mind from the body"

6. koopa

thats what "anthropomorphism and egocentricism" are......and choosing to view the world that way is your choice. Its a very practical choice....

7. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

I believe that in 20 years time, maybe give or take some, all the oil will be gone and along with it the industrialization of the world. I really hope so.

8. toolstheshit44

toolstheshit44 Member

your interpretation of practical is pratical. you reflect alot of information. good reading job. but when it comes down to it. its what you believe not what you have read.

9. lost in smoke

lost in smoke Member

one of the deciding factors in USA's future depend on whether it chooses to convince countries such as india, china, and south east asia to form trade and security alliances. If USA decided to build relations with developing nations- and make them loyal to USA then the out come would be far different than if USA decides to become a complete fortress. USA should come to realise that the amount of energy being used up is increasing by the day. so surely it would be in their interest to limit the amount of countries using fossil fuels. alliances with china (the worlds largest energy sucker) could decrease energy used by thoughtfully working out who is producing goods.... probs all crap but who gives a shit ey?

10. toolstheshit44

toolstheshit44 Member

give peace a chance

11. lost in smoke

lost in smoke Member

amen brother

12. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

i think that we will have another great depression and then all hell will break loos and we will have to start all over again

13. brainless

brainless Banned

America in 20 years will hopefully be free from the stupid ass religious cults that exist there, the bible belt is one very disturbing area, absolutely no differnet from the Taliban. Get rid of all the pathetic TV evangelical preachers and devout christians.

14. Natedog

Natedog Member

It probably might take something like that to flush out all the things that have accumulated in society that we do not need or want.

Some interpretations of histroy indicate that this kind of thing happens every few hundread years of so.

Maybe in the next civilization after this one, hippies will be in charge, and instead of religious ceremonies, there will just be rock concerts...

:D

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't see living without some of the things with been too long taking for too much granted as "all hell breaking loose". undoubtly many will display their displeasure and dissappointment, those who are riding so high now and think what they have going will last forever. how they can immagine it likely to is beyond me.

the best case scenario is the dollar collapsing, the oil running out and the western hemisphere no longer named after a midevil italian map maker who never saw the place. and all of us living in an ecotopian paradise because there won't be any other way to survive.

20 years is a little too soon maybe for all of that to have already happened. 20 years we'll most likely still be learning these lessons the hard way, just as we are beggining to now.

but natural reality isn't going to let us dawdle along not learning them either.
    not for ever and maybe not for another 20 years either.

=^^=
    .../\...

16. Natedog

Natedog Member

You make it sound like it would just be a bad day or like their team lost the superbowl. The problem with an eco-colapse or other colapse of the system is that a lot of people will panic and take to the streets. Others will seize the moment and go on looting raids, etc. Things can get out of control very quickly indeed.

The sad part is that this fact is not only well known to certain people in command/government possions, but also well known to certain large corporations and their leaders, an in fact some are probably counting on that reaction. They engineer a colapse, and then, as the masses are crying out for someone to take control and stop the madness, they step in with their ammassed recources and "save the day" (but of course, only because the existing government has begged them to help, for the price of being given unconditional power, emerging then as the new ruler).

Nasty as a colapse would be with its attendant riots, etc, that would be preferable to the ensuing plutocracy* and military law where there would be no freedoms at all.

*Government by the wealthy.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we're already the world's #1 asshole, what more do you want?
    but that's gonna start colapsing sooner or later if it hasn't started already

(it's precisely because we've already out assholed any competition that this terrorism nonsense had to be invented to replace them)

the same diversity of reality that does nothing to prevent the rise of tyranny does equaly nothing to prevent its fall

=^^=
    .../\...

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what you say is absolutely true, mostly, but it's not quite the WHOLE story. yes the lesson will be a painful one, but even THAT will colapse.

it IS quite likely we may still be in the middle of THAT pain in 20 years, or on the other hand we might have begun the proccess of getting past it.

corporatocracy is a very good automatic money machine with no one in control. when it tries to rule civil government it becomes like some sort of mafia with better p.r.

there's another thing, it runs on the monetary pretense. with a colapsed dollar and the oil running or having run out, it becomes a thin and brittle shell.

with a collapsed dollar it will of neccessity turn in all likelyhood to the euro. but the euro just might carry with it a slightly more humane 'corporate phylosophy'.

no economic idiologie is going to make it all better, but natural reality will to some degree leave us no choice but to shape up or perish.

the specific ills of which you speak are a transitional stage which will be fallowed by its doing so. this is what i ment. that even that, like all things, will also pass.

i don't think the corporatocracy will be able, or even attempt, to prevent the huge percentage of overpopulation in the cities from getting very hungry and perishing as a resault.

yes we are staring in the pimpled face of brutal ugly times.
    it's just that nothing is ever all any one way
    or stays even close to so being for very long

at any rate, whatever does emerge out the other side, might very well no longer carry familiar names or the pretentions that go with them.

=^^=
    .../\...

19. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

maybe the congress-men will grow some balls and stop worrying about getting re-elected and do what 3/4 of american people believe. LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

20. mr.morrison

mr.morrison Senior Member

prolly wont happen in ameriKKKa though