Am I A NUDIST OR EXHIBITIONIST

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by loveromance, Jun 27, 2013.

1. RickIsHere

RickIsHere Visitor

I've been visiting nude resorts for years. In the warm months I do so anytime I can spare a few days. I have spent as much as five days continuously nude (at a resort last year).

As I will tend to be nude alone also anytime I am able (which is most of the time as I'm single) I suppose all of the above defines me as a nudist.

The pleasure also though in a social nude situation is being seen nude and seeing others nude.
    I enjoy both very much indeed. Does that define me as an exhibitionist and voyeur?
    Some may say so. Such labels really don't interest me and I don't care.

2. gt30743

gt30743 Members

I would say I have some elements of both in me. While I prefer being nude and am nude when I am at home alone. I also get a "charge" out of being at a clothing optional location and being admired by women, especially when they are not nudist and are appear to be there for voyeuristic reasons.

3. naturegirl1

naturegirl1 Member

I am female & I have thoroughly enjoyed having sex while someone was watching (and yes, I consider myself to be an exhibitionist), having an audience was an important part of the proceedings & made me unbelievably aroused. But I also love sunbathing & swimming in the nude, so i am a naturist too. I should add that my naturist activities have never been incorporated in my sexual exhibitionist activities!

4. Gromit801

Gromit801 Member

If you enjoy being nude and don't care in the least about what other people think, you're a nudist. If you want people to see you nude, you're and exhibitionist.

5. Exhibitionism tends to be more about sexual arousal, while Nudism tends to not be related to sexual arousal.

A friend of mine is very much an exhibitionist. She loves to be watched and looked at. I'm a nudist, and my being nude isn't about arousal (though I can be aroused by it). I don't do it for arousal, while she does. And that's okay! Different people have different likes.

6. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

If you have to ask then there is a good chance you are.

7. horsewarrior62

horsewarrior62 Members

Interesting question, when in a nudist environment I guess I'm a nudist. When I am naked in a textile environment I guess I could be seen as an exhibitionist, but personally I don't see it that way although I do admit to getting a thrill being the only naked person amongst hundreds of clothed people.

8. Hairless1

Hairless1 Member

I think ther's a little bit of exhibitionist in everyone.

9. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I, myself, am a nudist.

Exhibitionists are cool.

Nudists are sick perverts.

But then I digress....

10. RickIsHere

RickIsHere Visitor

Personally I believe that human beings are far too complex for this question to even make sense.

How many nudists regularly go to nudist venues and have no exhibitionist tendencies whatever?
    I will openly admit that I enjoy seeing and being seen.
    I would never impose my nudity or sexuality on anyone where it is unwelcome.
    As human beings though, everything is shades of gray, and nowhere more so than in matters of sex.

11. RickIsHere

RickIsHere Visitor

I enjoy being nude in warm pool water probably as much as I enjoy anything on earth.
    I have enjoyed several casual conversations with one or two or three others sitting quietly in a warm pool after midnight as much as any social encounter I've ever known. In that situation no one could really see my body and my weak eyes could see little of any other bodies present, so at that moment I would say I was as pure a "true nudist" as anyone alive, if there is such a thing.

If next day I was well rested, my sap was rising, and I was perhaps feeling a little cocky as I enjoyed seeing one or two people looking at my nakedness or my genitalia, was I then any less a nudist? Didn't seem so to me at such times.

If I then spread a couple of clean towels on a lounger and get seriously involved in a good book for two or three hours, but in so doing I'm not at all social, am I then more a nudist or less?

I do have a tendency toward exhibitionism and voyeurism both, there's no doubt.

At the same time I was enjoying outdoor nudity from the age of 6 or 7, and my family was not into nudity. I went to some effort to do so outdoors regularly, away from supervision or detection.
    Mostly alone, but with friends skinny-dipping etc on occasion also. We lived in a rural neighborhood that provided places and privacy to do so.

12. The Watcher

The Watcher Members

Certainly there is a sexual aspect to being naked. But there is also a sexual aspect to being clothed. An exhibitionist is mainly showing their bodies with the specific intention of causing sexual arousal in others. They feel good because of the attention they get; and they may also just like the feeling of being naked. As a nudist, I feel good naked because its more comfortable, and I feel free; and I usually don't mind the attention I get.

imtheotHERone and NudistDude like this.
  13. Ldolber82

Ldolber82 Members

[​IMG]I am definitely exhibitionist. : )

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

In my mind, I don't separate the two. I guess I'm both.

15. RickIsHere

RickIsHere Visitor

And that means you are human.
    The two cannot be separated, in my humble opinion.

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

OK, that's the part that doesn't fit me. No compulsion, just something I like to do sometimes; not afraid of it.

17. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Exhibitionist here.

Alice in SC likes this.
  18. autoeroticNC

autoeroticNC Members

I'm both... it depends on the day.

Alice in SC and Sir Arthur like this.
  19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Pics Or It Didn't Happen TD......:yum:

Cheers Glen.

20. Sir Arthur

Sir Arthur Senior Member

I’m both. I really don’t like wearing clothes. If I know for sure I’m going to be alone, I always take my clothes off.
    If I think someone might see me, I get naked sometimes. I’m not always in the mood for that though.
    Hiking is a perfect example. If I get to a trailhead and it’s a one way trail and there are no cars in the parking lot, I’m getting naked, if there’s a couple cars there, I get naked if I feel like risking getting caught.

autoeroticNC likes this.