Against it?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by AluRMeiN, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Nothing Crossed Out

Nothing Crossed Out Member

technically, decriminalization tends to carry fines.

no criminal record, but a ticket and a fine. here in NY, its $100 fine for first and second offences under and ounce. and most officers will NOT look the other way... in the US, we are far from reaching a point where most police officers see marijuana as harmless, and crimeless.

and hell yeah im for the legalization of all things. im in the "keep your laws off my body" boat.... i know its unrealistic and wont ever happen though. mary jane needs to be legal for sure though. really, there is no argument against it.

2. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

the reason you would want to legalize hard drugs like cocain, herione, meth, ect is because A) it saves money and lowers taxes. We pay for drug wars when we pay taxes and B) it would be harder for kids to get. Pot is easier for an 8th grader to obtain than alcohol and tobacco, because they are legal. dealers dont care how old you are, just that you have money. plus, this could make safer versions of harder drugs, because they would be made by companies, who would compete for the best or safest drug, instead of some meth lab that makes its products out of god-knows-what. not that I would ever do hard drugs, I hate them, but I am still for the legalazation of all drugs.

3. crankyelbow

crankyelbow Makes Music

The question is not why should it be legal.

The question is why is it illegal at all?

Anything said for keeping it illegal can be shot down without any effort. The only legit argument is that *all* drugs should be illegal, but are people going to give up aspirin?

It doesn't make sense that someone must be put in jail and kept from society because they held plant parts in their hand. In fact, if you walk up to anyone and put it in that context, they will likely agree. If you say they are marijuana plant parts they may change their tone, because thats what they have been taught to do... logic has no place with some people.

The laws are kept in place by fear - fear that everyone in the country will become crackheads. We are taught to have no faith whatsoever in humanity, it resonates in the media everyday. When you grow up within this sort of system, especially with kids being plopped in front of a TV and told to shutup, it becomes the only way.

The facts are clear, adults can take care of themselves. Legal or not, people do many a hard drug... some solely because marijuana is easier to detect for a longer period of time in drug testing. Drug testing that doesn't care about your current state, it cares about what you've done a month ago.

Given the opportunity to do any drug in the world freely, few people would even try drugs they know are extremely harmful. Personally I don't like to do any drug that nature itself didn't provide.

As long as no legitimate laws are violated, it makes no difference what someone chooses to do to themselves. The idea of a moral society is proposed as the american ideal - yet a moral society goes against everything american... freedom.

We live in a world where you can't safely drive the speed limit on the highways... its time to stop accepting this insanity and let our voice heard!

4. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

The lame-ass argument that weed leads to harder drugs pisses me off.
    I don't mess with the hard crap any more, I'm too old for that shit, and I don't have the time, but I still smoke weed. Herb does nothing more than keep me sane. For me, it's a good medication to avoid prozac or riddlin. I could go to a shrink, or I could save myself a couple hundred bucks and smoke a dube and drink a beer, 'seems like a no brainer to me.

A buddy of mine proposed an interesting argument. His idea is that weed is illegal, not because of the drug aspect, but because of the hemp, which would put the paper industry out of business.

5. X Carlos

X Carlos Member

can u explain why uve never even tried it if ur 100% for it?

id just like to know :p

6. .BlowIn.BlunTs.

.BlowIn.BlunTs. Member

They better legalize it.

7. ChicosDeBama

ChicosDeBama Banned

8. Odds ends

Odds ends Member

It should be legalized, it's legal in Holland and I love that. Everyone should be as lucky!

9. Intubater

Intubater Member

Legalize it! Oh, for the love of god, please! I beg of u!

10. cheeba420

cheeba420 Member

ive smoked it and i love it! its so gay that its illeagal. not to sound like a complete fag but were supposed to be a free country and we cant even decide what we do and dont do to our own bodies. wtf!

11. KingGeorgeIII

KingGeorgeIII Member

Recently in my history class we talked about the prohibition of alcohol in the early part of the 1900s. Organized crime went up and the whole thing made a lot of unnecessary crime come about. When it was made legal again, organized crime went down. Many people believe that legalizing marijuana and other drugs will produce a similar effect to this. Drugs would be safer and cleaner, we could get accurate information about them, people would pay a much more fair price that would be similar throughout the country. The possibilities are endless. Also, the entire plant can be used to make things including textiles, paper, etc. There is NO valid reason why it should be illegal. Really only bad ideas that people have had put into their heads years ago keep it illegal. And many doctors now realize it isn't even that dangerous (including my dad) and it is practically safer than alcohol or cigarettes. I mean, people who get drunk daily for years are much worse off health-wise than those who smoke weed every day. I could go on and on, but the main point is legalize it because theres no reason not to.

12. grimreaper37912

grimreaper37912 Member

me i started when i got back from the navy. i had friends that did it and quite frequently and had great access to it. plus got really tired of how the military and government do things. i guess the best reason is that i believe in the fact that you cant judge something until you know both sides of the argument. so i tried it and omg i have never felt a happier feeling in my life. i have no idea what kind it was but damn! unfortunatelly i never had smoked it before didnt know how to "hit" it right so i hit it and inhaled the entire pipe on the first try... yeah they kinda got mad oops!

13. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

all substances should be legalised, i agree,

BUT there has to be some kind of control of standards etc, everyone should know what there putting in themselves for example, pills could contain anything and u never know until ur in a hospital with tubes up ur arse. if drugs became legal authorities might be able to make sure the ingredients were v. obvious, like the warnings on ciggarette packets. i'm not saying that there won't still be more dangerous drugs available on the black market etc, just that there will b a reliable alternatuive. my main issue is with the blank denial and anti drug propuganda we are constantly bombarded with, rather than any education which could really help people.

in case u haven't guessed. ive smoked it and i'm for legalisation

14. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

All I know is there's an estimated $80 billion a year going out of America, lots into afghanistan for opium products, often funding terrorists groups. Either way all that money paid for drugs is leaving our economy. The people and the gov't need to be realistic about drugs, that legislation and force are the last things that are going to stop drug trade. So all drugs should be legalized, current drug dealers could get licenses, and bigger pharma companies could compete and develop better drugs:). Whether drug use would become more abundant or not is irrelevant. At least it would simultaneously enrich our economy. Also, instead of "just say no" drug ed, there could be more comprehensive education about the effects of drugs, what to do and not do with them and warning signs, and overall honesty from ex-users as well as current users, etc.

Also it seems logical to me that by prohibiting a user's drug of choice, it becomes rare and elusive, perpetuating the notion of an "ultimate high." Most people, when given legal access to drugs, will eventually tire of them and realize that the more you use, the less high you really get, and there is no ultimate high. The others who get addicted could go to many rehab options, which would be funded by all the freed up cash from not having imprisoned drug users.

15. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

sadly, its quite likely that major corporations, far from creating "better" drugs would probs make em more addictive and less strong, to make more money. this is one of the few downsides that i can see to legalisation

16. KJohns24029

KJohns24029 Member

I smoke pot but I'm against the legalization

If you think about I get a 1.7 bag for 20 bucks. If its legal there's this thing called tax. Pot would be incredibly expensive just for a bit.

Also the government makes more money with it illegal then legal. They sell the percription pot. If it was legal they would have to invest a lot of money into growing it.

17. maddhatter

maddhatter Senior Member

^if it was legal there would be competition, therefore prices would be cheaper than you've ever seen. i bet you would be able to get a gram for a buck if it was legal.

also, the cost of growing is very cheap when you sell the final product.

but if it was legal and the government had total control over it, taxing it and all....why the hell would you even bother buying from the gov when your dealer could still sell for cheaper??

18. KJohns24029

KJohns24029 Member

My point exactly. Even if it was legal I would still buy from the streets.

19. doom876

doom876 Member

Prolly been said, but competition would have mass research into makig better and better pot. The quality would skyrocket, and price fall. Schwag may even die out! I may be going a bit far there, but think about it. If we only had nintendo to play and make games, then we'd probably have 2d graphics still. It's economics!

I'de also like to point out, economic or not, think of the half million going to jail this year for it! Have some compassion. If you think of that, and care more about prices(you can grow your own if you are so damn cheap, in the open even)then you have problems.

20. sargenthedgehog

sargenthedgehog Member

All drugs should legal and not lied about... that is true freedom... but stop saying it vote get polls going we are the people that need to start the revelution!