Add/adhd And Mj

Discussion in 'Medicinal Cannabis and Marijuana' started by DieselGirl, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DieselGirl

DieselGirl Members

Just curious who out there has ADD/ADHD and how does marijuana affect you? Is it good or bad?

I have suffered from depression all my life and only now am discovering that it probably was mostly due to me having ADD, which I didn't know.

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

that is too general a question....and this is why

weed can affect people differently....some people with add will find being high helps tremendously while another may find it makes their add worse

this is also true with anxiety....many people smoke weed to help with anxiety while many more must avoid weed because it causes their anxiety...or sets it off

the general rule is induca for pain and sativa for everything else......that is a VERY general rule of thumb with exceptions all over the place

good luck

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I was prescribed ADD medication for a time although I was probably just a victim of a time period where every small boy who acted like a small boy was medicated. "Oh this 6 year old would rather play outside than do math, ok here is some meth for you".

I do tend to have a very active mind though like several thoughts going on at once and smoking always slows it down. I feel calm and able to focus on one thing.

4. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

yes tottally agree with poster above. I am a computer programmer and sometimes that shit just gets borring and i dont want to do it, but i have to do it because thats how i make a living. so ive noticed that when i get high while im working, i tend to not get bored as fast. also, i am more focused on the task and can do it for a longer period of time.

so for me, weed increases focus and productivity.

btw, i love that disco biscuits album.

1 person likes this.
  5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I like Planet Anthem, although some tracks like On Time are definitely a new sound much more on the pure dance side then before. But I still liked it and when done live it works much better. Like a lot of their stuff really. I mostly picked the album because I like the art and it was done by the same guy that did album covers for Pink Floyd.

6. MarijuanaRates

MarijuanaRates Members

Does anyone have experience using mmj to help with their own or a young adult's add or adhd?

7. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Certain strains did different things for me. I found that most of the time I couldn't study very well when stoned. Then again I was mixing weed with the dexedrine and other psychiatric meds which was causing an imbalance.

8. Autistick

Autistick Members

As someone with ADD cannabis helps me quite a bit. I am able to focus, relax and "see" what I am doing without the static and noise present otherwise. In particular, I find that Blackberry Kush helps me with all of that.

9. Beelzy

Beelzy Guest

It helps. Indica strains.

Tags: