Adams-Bush Coincidences...?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

As I said many times before on these boards, I am fascinated by coincidences. Where do they come from? What do they mean?

Anyways, it has been a while since we had a Bush in the White House. But when we did, I came up with the following list of coincidences. I know I have shared coincidences before. But I felt compelled to share these, for the sake of completeness. Please read:

These were the only presidents to follow one another as father-and-son pres.'s.

Both couples were differentiated by a middle name or initial. Both father-pres.'s were VP's of charismatic conservatives that came before them, and were followed by charismatic leaders of the opposing party(both w/a "Jefferson" in their names)--ea. fath. serving just one term.

Both fath.'s started into a new decade and had a son start into a whole new century.

Adams' "A" is before Bush' "B".

George Bush, Sr. and John Adams, Sr. were both born in Norfolk County, Massachusetts.

Both sons had a VP whose last name began with a "C" and a wife whose first..."L".

Fate must not like sons to follow their fathers as pres., because neither son had a majority of the country's support--John Q. Adams was elected by our Congress!

Yeah, I came up with these on election night 2000--ironically before we even knew who our next president would be. I just learned this, in fact, as I called up a local news station to tell them my coincidences. The lady in the news room said, wait, Gore is contesting the election results. Weird, no? So therefore, I must've been the first person to come up with the coincidences. If someone else claims they did, they are just lying.

What do the rest of you think of the list? Does it make you nostalgic for a better time, or at least somewhat better time?

As I said, I felt compelled to share them, for completeness sake. (The following presidential election, 2004, I came up with the Kennedy-Kerry Coincidences. But I will save that for another time ;) .)

:) :) :)

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I never thought I'd say this but I miss 'W'. At the time I thought he was the biggest idiot to ever occupy the White House, but now...

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

reminds me of the stupid crap signrelated would post about tupac

4. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

Talk about coincidences, I just heard a doozy of a one on PBS, just tonight in fact. It was about the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs. If it turned just a degree to the left, or a degree to the right, the dinosaurs would still be here. And the intelligent dominant "man" (if you will), would be reptile. Cruel, unfeeling, loveless reptiles. I'm sorry to be blunt. But it's true.

I am not saying that it proves anything. Just that it is another unique coincidence. Can't I at least say that :) ?