Activism?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by harshhookah, Feb 21, 2005.

1. harshhookah

harshhookah Member

So why do I see all these posts about people in the U.S being so pissed off about the plant being illegal, but I only see 3 posts in the activism forum? Maybe that is the number 1 problem why it is frowned on. People not opening up and representing our democracy. I sure as hell know the anti-pot people are getting their word out due to our Government and its so called "Propeganda." :confused: Sometimes this leads me to think that more students should take their government classes more serious. Learn whats out there and how to deal with it.

For those who havent studied democracy yet, I took the liberty to look it up on www.dictionary.com

1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
    2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
    3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
    4. Majority rule.
    5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.
    Thank You for reading.

2. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

*applauds*

3. Jointman69

Jointman69 High Nigga Pie

practice what you preach.

4. element7

element7 Random fool

Well alot of people on the MJ forums still live with their moms and dads and worry about what their parents will do to them if they speak up about it, like take away the allowance, ground them, not buy them nice clothes, unplug the tv, make them get a haircut, who knows. To boot, seems there's lots of kids around here who have a stealth approach to the whole matter and would much rather that mom and dad don't even suspect, they're just little angels.

5. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

wELL THE BIG PROBLEM IS THAT MOST POT HEADS ARE TOO FUCKIN HIGH TO GET UP AND BE AN ACTIVIST! WHO WANTS TO BE AN ACTIVIST MAN? FIRE IT UP AND LETS PLAY X-BOX

6. element7

element7 Random fool

Damn, I knew I forgot something.... they might take away the x-box!!!!!!

7. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I am an active member of norml thank-you-very-much!! I guess I don't feel the need to post all I've done or what I plan to do because... well.. I just do it.

Anyone else a member? How many of you have gone to rallys and what ones do you go to?

8. harshhookah

harshhookah Member

Yep thats what im trying to get at.

9. Gurkadurk

Gurkadurk Member

I speak about it and don't have an x-box.

10. Jointman69

man what has norml ever done besides take your money? sure its an informational site and they arent bad people but they have been around forever and so far i havent heard of them changing anything. cheech wears a norml shirt in one of the cheech and chong movies(i think it was nice dreams) and that was made like 20 or 30 years ago.

11. headymoechick

I've attended a bunch of events sponsered by norml. They always give great speaches about what we can do in our hometown and with local government and I find it very inspiring. I've met a buch of hip activists. I go to a few rallies throughout the year.

It's all about raising awarness. If I can change one person's mind about legalizing pot, I've done a good thing.

hmm... I wonder who gave me rep for this? It's gray so it doesn't count, but no comment, no name? not too brave of you whoever you are! or if it was a good one at least let me thank you!

12. Jointman69

wuddnt me. id sign it. i hate when pussies give red ones and make a dick comment and dont sign it.

13. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

I hear that man

14. Amanda's Shadow

Amanda's Shadow Flower Child

well, my parents are very cool about everything i do. also, im too busy with theater (which i choose to do, not my rents) to protest all the time, and for me, I'd much rather protest the war or horrible environmental policies in my state.

15. BradinTheGreat

BradinTheGreat Member

I'm not worried about being grounded or whatnot, and I'm definitely not trying to be a "little angel". It's hard to really speak my mind about mj, because I'm living with my parents. My mom and dad are super anti- recreational use, but they're only slightly anti- about industrial and medicinal use. Last year I told my mom I was thinking about donating to NORML or Change the Climate, Inc., and she pretty much flipped out. I don't have my license either, so it's hard to get to rallies and other events. As soon as I can drive and get a car, I'm planning on going to as many pro- events as possible. I've done research for over three years now, and I see no reason why grass shouldn't be legalized, especially if it can help people and the environment.

If anyone knows any ways to donate without my parents finding out, please pm me. I need any help I can get.

Peace

16. BradinTheGreat

BradinTheGreat Member

Hey Amanda's Shadow! That's cool your into theatre. I've been doing stage/tech crew stuff for a couple years. I really like it, and I'm thinking about becoming a professional gaffer. Peace

17. headymoechick

so basically what I'm hearing is that you guys beleive in it, but have better things to do.
    Don't we all. But it's those of us who sacrifice our time who are making a difference.

I really thought I would find other people here who are devoted to the cause.

soemtimes I get so frustrated that everyone's too stoned to get up off their ass I think no one should be able to smoke weed unless they contribute to legalizing it. It's a dumb thought, but not a lot of people will do any more than hitting up a local rally and smoking in the park.

18. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i have gone to the million marijuana march in raleigh and signed petitions and so on... and i wold give to norml if i had the money i happen to think they are a pretty good organization!!!!!!!!!

19. headymoechick

that's awesome chica!! It's not all about giving money to an organization. I do it, but i also attend a lot of gatherings and talk to spokesmen and I love to hear all of their ideas. I remember one year at the Boston freedom rally, ther was this guy who talked about how one little town had almost been completely taken over by younger people and it worked beautifully. the mayor was 25. the police cheif was 30. They targeted robbers and violence, not teenagers smoking a plant. There was a low crime rate, and a high education rate. It was so awesome to hear about. If every one of us made a difference in out little hometowns or big cities, pot could really be legalized. They have to listen to the people.

20. moondance

moondance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"I really thought I would find other people here who are devoted to the cause."

There are many people here and elsewhere who are devoted to the cause but for various reasons can't do it publicly.

I myself and many many more people produce the stuff so of necessity have to remain anonymous.

I try to help by attending the annual Legalize Cannabis march in London and by financial donations (anonymous of course) to various legalization campaigners.

And I know many others do the same.

So please don't think that just because we're not all shouting "legalize it" from the rooftops that we're not doing anything.