About "your" Gay

Discussion in 'Gay Group Messages' started by samuraijack, Jun 5, 2017.

1. samuraijack

samuraijack Members

is it ok to be gay?
    im not gay, but your section about homosexuality is intriguing.
    ive heard it is against god to be gay?
    but is it against, other gods?

2. morrow

morrow Visitor

Time to leave god out of this.. no one came back from any god and said it's fun over there..

If your gay your gay, if your a murderer, your wicked..

God made man in his own image..

Jcinalco, Nudegardner and Curious Rob like this.
  3. Jjohngg

Jjohngg Members

God dont care.

He just wants to be good kind poeple!

4. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Ask God yourself. I did.

5. Bammbam67

Bammbam67 Newbie

After I came out I asked Him. The reply was very simple. He said, Finally! You come before me with true joy in your heart. Your happiness pleases me.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

If you're referring to the Christian concept of god, the word “arsenokoitai” and "malakoi" as they appear in four verses of the Bible were not translated to mean “homosexual” until 1946. All of the homophobic hatred of the Christian church is based solely upon one bad translation, an error which may not have been committed in good faith.

Happy Guy and soulpoker like this.
  7. Windman

Windman Members

Do you know what 4 verses they are? And what the translations were before 1946?

8. Windman

Windman Members

Ok, this one interested me so I did some research on it and would encourage anyone else that is interested to do the same. There seems to be much to be said for sure about this for sure. Taking social constructs of the time along with many other things.
    One thing is for sure the Christian church (of which I am part of) has largely missed the boat on this one. Not the least of is the treatment of the gay community. In those passages in question there is a whole laundry list of “sins” that would separate a person from the kingdom of God. Greed and slander are among them. Its seems to me there has been a hierarchy given to sin that was never intended. There seems to be a lot of debate on whether homosexuality is sin or not, but no debate concerning slander and greed, we all know what that looks like. The most important theme I get from the biblical text is love. We won’t go wrong if we simply love one another. I’ll leave it up to you to decide how the text should be interpreted concerning homosexuality. For me I’ll take Jesus’s leading and treat other people with love and respect.