A garden for a quote of the day

Discussion in 'Conscious Bible' started by wyldwynd, Aug 2, 2006.

1. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.

2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward. ~Kahlil Gibran~

3. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

If there is to be peace in the world,
    There must be peace in the nations.

If there is to be peace in the nations,
    There must be peace in the cities.

If there is to be peace in the cities,
    There must be peace between neighbors.

If there is to be peace between neighbors,
    There must be peace in the home.

If there is to be peace in the home,
    There must be peace in the heart.

Lao Tzu (570-490 B.C.)

4. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I think this is amazing -

The Invitation.

It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain!I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithlessand therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, “Yes!”

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

by

Oriah Mountain Dreamer.

http://www.oriahmountaindreamer.com/home.html

2 people like this.
  5. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

That is powerful!

Dude, if you find that woman, please ask if she has a Sister who might like to meet a guy like me.

[​IMG]

6. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

Life Is

What life is and is not about.

Life isn't about keeping score. It's not about how many friends you have. Or how accepted you are. Not about if you have plans this weekend or if you're alone.

It isn't about who you're dating, who you used to date, how many people you've dated, or if you haven't been with anyone at all. It isn't about who you have kissed, it's not about sex.

It isn't about who your family is or how much money they have. Or what kind of car you drive. Or where you are sent to school. It's not about how beautiful or ugly you are. Or what clothes you wear, what shoes you have on, Or what kind of music you listen to.

It's not about if your hair is blonde, red, black, or brown. Or if your skin is too light or too dark. Not about what grades you get, how smart you are, how smart everybody else thinks you are, or how smart standardized tests say you are. It's not about what clubs you're in or how good you are at "your" sport. It's not about representing your whole being on a piece of paper and seeing who will "accept the written you."

LIFE JUST ISN'T.

But, life is about whom you love and whom you hurt.

It's about whom you make happy or unhappy purposefully. It's about keeping or betraying trust.

It's about friendship, used as a sanctity or a weapon. It's about what you say and mean, maybe hurtful, maybe heartening. About starting rumors and contributing to petty gossip.

It's about what judgments you pass and why. And who your judgments are spread to. It's about whom you've ignored with full control and intention. It's about jealousy, fear, ignorance, and revenge. It's about carrying inner hate and love, letting it grow, and spreading it.

But most of all, it's about using your life to touch or poison other people's hearts in such a way that could have never occurred alone.

Only you choose the way those hearts are affected, and those choices are what life's all about.

♥ Love ♥

V

7. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

from Chinese literary critic Liu Hsieh...

"Spiritual action...
    is transmitted by symbols
    in which feelings and changes
    are conceived

The knowledge of things...
    is learned through appearances,
    but the awareness of reality...
    is reflected in...
    the heart"

♥ Love ♥

V

8. wyldwynd

The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others. ~Ghandi~

1 person likes this.
  9. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

This is really 'nice' folks :)
    I had to comment

10. Scholar_Warrior

"I'm not-not licking frogs."

Homer J. Simpson

11. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

If you keep your heart immersed always in the ocean of
    divine love, Your heart is sure to remain ever full to the
    overflowing with the waters of the divine love.

~ Ramakrishna ~

♥ Love ♥

V

1 person likes this.
  12. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
    *Leo Buscaglia*

1 person likes this.
  13. Scholar_Warrior

"How do you know but ev'ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
    Is an immense world of delight, clos'd by your senses five?"

William Blake

1 person likes this.
  14. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

All I know is Love,
    And I find my heart Infinite
    And Everywhere!

~Hafiz~

♥ Love ♥

V

1 person likes this.
  15. wyldwynd

Beauty is the gift of God. ~Aristotle~

16. Scholar_Warrior

If I were a tree among trees, a cat among animals, this life would have a meaning, or rather this problem would not arise, for I should belong to this world. I should be this world to which I am now opposed by my whole consciousness and my whole insistence upon familiarity. This ridiculous reason is what sets me in opposition to all creation. I cannot cross it out with a stroke of a pen....'

~~* Albert Camus.

17. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

"Peace does not mean the absence of war.
    Peace means the presence of harmony,
    love, satisfaction and oneness."

~Sri Chinmoy~

♥ Love ♥

V

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Be not a witness against thy neighbor without cause; and decieve not with thy lips,
    say not,I will do so to him as he hath done to me;I will render to the man according to his work.

19. wyldwynd

Life without love is like a tree Without blossom and fruit. ~Khalil Gibra~

20. Scholar_Warrior

First
    The fish needs to say,

"Something ain't right about this
    Camel ride --

And I'm
    Feeling so damn

Thirsty."