satan

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by StonerBill, Apr 25, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

why do you people like to insist that the devil trembles before god?
    what has he got to lose?

he was the one witht e confidence to stand up against god in the first place!

and then to continue to try and challenge him.

so isnt it more of a case that the devil is the epitomy of ego, and is not afraid of anyone or anything, and will do whatever he can to achieve his will, despite being less powerful than god?

2. Sunshine Daydreams

Sunshine Daydreams Member

good point my fellow stoner!

3. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

StonerBill, come on down! You are the next contestant on, the Price is Hell! And if you play this game, you could win ... this! A one-way ticket straight to the ninth circle of the Infernal region, where you'll sit next to the fallen angel himself for all eternity! But the catch is, you only get it if you win, so do your best!

*wicked laughter* Hehehehehehehe! :X

And don't forget to have your pet spayed or neutered! >_< Not!

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

why have none of the big christians replied?

im always hearing satan trembles before god but even though i dont believe in either christian god or satan, there is no reason for satan to tremble before god.

hes the smartass who says 'fuck you' to the judge in court and then becomes the ringleader in jail

5. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

The Devil's the loser when you use the word against him...it's like throwing acid at him. He BACKS OFF.

Why? Because Jesus took the keys of hell with him, and now christians have dominion over him, because he lost when Jesus took our sins on the cross ( he was the one in control before that.)

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

escuse me? look we can settle this quickly, just tell me where in the bible it says 'satan trembled before god'?

7. cabdirazzaq

cabdirazzaq Member

So exacly in which way did he loose control, what kind of control did he posses before this and:
    From where in the bible did you get this?

8. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

its obvious that god and satan are in this together
    who do you think has kept god in business so long?

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

William Blake described satan as 'the great selfhood' - so that would tally with your point.

10. ryupower

Before this, righteous Jews, who didn't have a relationship with him back then (only high priests and prophets did, and some kings.), could be taken over by him, and anyone who's non-jewish.

Now, Jesus told us that in HIS name, we will cast out devils. He also took the keys to hell. So his followers have authority over him.

Now, you wanted scriptures? For what part? The authority over satan by followers of Jesus, satan's fear of the Lord, or the part of satan taking over people?

11. Daniel Herring

Daniel Herring Member

Mark 5:1-13 Job 2:4-6 Matt. 4:10-11 Matt. 16:23 Luke 10:18 Romans 16:20

12. ryupower

That'll do...

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Romans 16:20

And god, our source of peace, will soon crush satan under youe feet

haha i like this one, satan... exerts power over god???

Job 2:4-6

satan replied, "a person will give up everything in order to stay alive. but now suppose you hurt his body- he will curse you to your face!"
    So the lord said to satan, "all right, he is in your power, butyou are not to kill him."

the mark 5 one was too long to type but it didnt mention satan. but instead, multiple 'evil spirits'.

in matthew's temptation of satan, there is no mention of any of the issues here.

matthew16 23
    jesus turned around and said to peter "get away from me satan! you are an obstacle in my way, because these thoughts of yours dont come from god, but from human nature"

in this case, jesus has lost his temper and calls peter, who was merely thinkning of what he thoguth was jesus' best interests, satan.

wow jesus turns around in this passage. hes a dickhead! he goes on to his desciples that hes gonna join the glory of god and if they give their lives for him then they will be rewarded. he says if they want to save themselves then they will in fact die. he called a desciple 'satan' because they didnt want him to die. i didnt think jesus lost his humbleness like in that passage.

luke 10 18
    (actually, starting from 17)
    the seventy two men came back in great joy. "lord" they said, 'even the demons obeyed us when we gave them a command in your name!"

jesus answered them 'i saw satan fall like lighting from heaven. listen! i have given you authority so that you can walk on snakes and scorpions and overcome all the power of the enemy and nothing will hurt you. but dont be glas evil spirits obey you; rather be glasd because your names are written in heaven"

well here is talks of demons of course. so this is the most credibal source so far. still no plain flat out reference of 'satan trembled before god' which youd expect from a book liek the bible?

ooh look jesus DOES tell people to worship him. (luke 10, 16) somewhere else in this forum that was an issue..

14. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

so yeh those didnt do, keep finding passages thanks

15. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

Gospel of Nicodemus
    VI (XXII)

1 When Hell and death and their wicked ministers saw that, they were stricken with fear, they and their cruel officers, at the sight of the brightness of so great light in their own realm, seeing Christ of a sudden in their abode, and they cried out, saying: We are overcome by thee. Who art thou that art sent by the Lord for our confusion? Who art thou that without all damage of corruption, and with the signs (?) of thy majesty unblemished, dost in wrath condemn our power? Who art thou that art so great and so small, both humble and exalted, both soldier and commander, a marvelous warrior in the shape of a bondsman, and a King of glory dead and living, whom the cross bare slain upon it? Thou that didst lie dead in the sepulchre hast come down unto us living and at thy death all creation quaked and all the stars were shaken and thou hast become free among the dead and dost rout our legions. Who art thou that settest free the prisoners that are held bound by original sin and restorest them into their former liberty? Who art thou that sheddest thy divine and bright light upon them that were blinded with the darkness of their sins? After the same manner all the legions of devils were stricken with like fear and cried out all together in the terror of their confusion, saying: Whence art thou, Jesus, a man so mighty and bright in majesty, so excellent without spot and clean from sin? For that world of earth which hath been always subject unto us until now, and did pay tribute to our profit, hath never sent unto us a dead man like thee, nor ever dispatched such a gift unto Hell. Who then art thou that so fearlessly enterest our borders, and not only fearest not our torments, but besides essayest to bear away all men out of our bonds? Peradventure thou art that Jesus, of whom Satan our prince said that by thy death of the cross thou shouldest receive the dominion of the whole world.

long i know...i also wanna say i really have no opinion on this cause, well, satan matters not to me...i do not need fear him for i carry Jesus with me, so meh

16. ryupower

Now what about mark 16? (towards the end)

*this is for Caidirazzaq, and anyone else who wants to know about my statement* ;)

17. ryupower

What did your comments on the scriptures have to do with the topic?

18. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

'sorry. 'haven't read the thread, but in response to the title: "Satan" is the best thing that ever happened to "Christianity." Otherwise what power could Billy Graham or Jerry Falwell, or any other "Christian" preacher have?

For that matter what power could an idiot like George W. Bush have with out people like Saddam Hussein (or "Christianity")?

They are two sides of the same coin.

19. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

btw, my low opinion of what is called "christianity" has nothing to do with Jesus, who was a genuine teacher sent from Above to help us.

20. MrRee

MrRee Senior Member

The book of Job shows that God and Satan are on good terms. Just sitting back in the heavenly armchairs baiting Job with all kinds of maladies to see which way he'll flip. Instead of torturing the poor guy they could have tossed a coin!

Besides, Satan was the first person in the bible to tell a truth, and God was the first to lie, so good on ya Satan!