Would edibles bypass drug sniffing dogs?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Chris92, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Chris92

Chris92 Member

Just a random thought, would a drug sniffing dog be able to smell marijuana edibles? I mean wouldnt most of the smell be cooked off? Id imagine more so if you precooked the weed alone, like you do for firecrackers. This seems to release all of the smell into the house lol. What do you guys think?

2. absentwithin

absentwithin Member

You would totally get busted. Dogs are trained for the ever growing world of edibles. With firecrackers there is chunks of weed in them so ya. Brownies actually have a hieghtened aroma imo. Muffins yep. Chocolate popped. Butter thats a given. lol good luck

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

They all still smell like weed!

4. DMFP

DMFP Member

Sorry but I think you would get arrested a tad quickly via the canine.

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They can, but if your feeling bold, just put your edibles in with some meat. Maybe they will assume the dog is alerting because of that. That or just travel with a cat. The scent of another animal will completely confuse the dog and it's handler. Remember the dog associates that smell with his toy, and it can still be tricked. It's pretty common for a dog to indicate anyway even if they don't smell anything. Why? because they want to test if they will still get a reward anyway.

It's really easy for a cop to make them indicate too, so it pretty much comes down to if they officer suspects you or not and will he use the dog as "probable cause". They are not near as reliable as cops want you to think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW8tyTgoQiI"]NEVER GET BUSTED PREVIEW DAY 1- Narcotic Detector Dogs - YouTube

7. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Not if they're in your belly!

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i didn't watch the video, i may later

i just wanted to say:

yes, most cops are out to get you. but a dog CAN separate different smells, so don't give the dog a reason to help the pig bust you

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

True they can, but they are unable to communicate to the officer what they are smelling. The type of dogs that they are looking for have a high preay drive and are easily excited, you can use that against them.

10. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I don't think cops would fall for the meat trick.. If the dog is alerted by something they don't go "oh it's just a ham this guy is taking on the airplane with him" they go "time to search".. though if you were to make a mayo with canna-oil.. and put it on a ham sandwich.. that may work.. doubt they'd test the sandwich for drugs