Smoking Amanita Muscaria

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Silverbackman, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Silverbackman

Silverbackman Member

There are many reports on erowid that smoking amanita muscaria mushrooms give a pot-like high, though it's usually reported to be less sedating and less direct on memory and the like. But still a pleasant pot-like buzz. And that it's a lot different from taken these mushies orally. Anyone here try smoking amanitas before? How is it? Would you recommend it?

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas_smoked.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/e...itle=&AuthorSearch=&A1=-1&Lang=&Group=-1&Str=

2. Softball

Softball Member

I've got a large bag of Siberian caps at my disposal. I might try smoking some, if I do I'll get back to this thread.

I still haven't tried taking them orally yet.

3. djstrauss

djstrauss Member

God that was the dirtiest and nastiest trip ive almost ever taken. oohhh and the taste yuck. I even put them in my gyro, i no longer eat greek food due to this

4. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

That youve ever almost taken? Then how do you even know?

5. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

Smoking amanita are nice. My advice is to harvest the amanitas yourself, Wash all the white bits off the top and cut off the gills. You just want the red skin and the 1/4 inch of orange goo under the red skin, Bake the caps in the oven to turn the iboetic acid into muscimol.

I smoked 1/2 a cap with good reults. The body high is similar to cannabis, but with a slightly more drunk/intoxicated feeling. Very mild visuals, colous seem to glow quite vividly. Overall a good experience, although somewhat short in duration, but no negative after effects to report.

6. Gratefully Dawg

Gratefully Dawg Member

oh man... smoking them is harsh. And it does not really do much, very mild. waste of time, waste of money that i bought em. weeds much more fun to smoke.

7. djstrauss

djstrauss Member

i would not call eating these shrooms triping. more like a real severe case of food poisoning with mild visuals.

8. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

smoking does nothing. i smoked 10 bowls of it and nothing. Also eating amanitas might be the WORST tasting thing on earth. be warned that whatever you decide to chug them down with you will never be able to eat again without being reminded of the taste. the first time eating them its not TOO bad, but each consecutive time it gets worse and worse. eating them isnt really worth it anyways.

9. Fuse

Fuse Member

I ate an amanita today and it was fine. I almost enjoyed it in fact, and I hate eating mushrooms.

That said it wasn't raw. I baked it for 30 minutes first. A bit rubbery.

10. Tes96

Tes96 Member

Do you guys recommend baking amanitas in the oven? I'm trying them for the first time so I'm thinking I might just eat them raw and see the results of that. I guess a good way to know what works best is to try different methods and then you can have a basis for comparison and decide which method really is best for the user, as every person is different. I've been reading different websites on Amanita Muscaria, such as shroomery.org and mycotopia.net and youtube videos on experiences and it seems that some people hate them and some love them, some hate the taste and some don't mind the taste at all. I personally don't mind the taste of mushrooms at all and in fact, enjoy the taste of them. Although I've read that amanitas are the worst tasting ones. I'll post my results when I take them in a couple weeks.

If eating them raw, do you consume the entire mushroom, both the stem and the cap?

11. Spicey Cat

Spicey Cat DMT Witch (says husband)

i've smoked them and done them orally. The effects were very similar but smoking was much less intense and much shorter in duration . . . i ate them uncooked but dried . . . about 10 grams i believe but cannot remember and do not know the smoked dose . . . .

12. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Drinking the rainwater that stays on top of them when they get older...so you dont have to destroy them, otherwise you can squeeze them in an old t-shirt and drink the juice.

13. Wizard_of_Hawse

Wizard_of_Hawse Member

^^as i don't understand it, you "aren't supposed to" eat them raw, i ate a small bit of a fresh un one time, and had little to no effect as one would assume. Apparently more toxins as opposed to goodness that way... i dunno.

Smoking the red skin was fun, but not really worth it. Mixed with herb, could only tell something was slightly different. Don't make tea with them imo, that was so nasty - eat them dried like a cookie. My worst issue was staying awake. Bowl-after-bowl maybe wasn't the best idea for my first encounter with the amanita...

Hmm... I've never dried 'em myself, just ordered 'em predried. That'd be fun :D

14. midgardsun

midgardsun Senior Member

Smoking them is very pleasent like smoking datura stramonium, I like both:)

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

if im ever stumbling in the woods and see a Red, Yellow Amanita.. Its NOMS from the door.. bet I collected 2lbs them past spring.. next year I will not pass any up, they freeze well and are a better Pain reliever than narcotics...

16. taner

taner Guest

The best way to smoke it is with cannabis, not by itself, its more intense and a happier high. works nice with middies.

17. Sagebrush

Sagebrush Member

x2 on that brother, the red Super Mario Bros ones. My wife and I have been harvesting them for the last five years. We take a few grams each every weekend until they run out and then we wait for next year's monsoons. When they run out, I miss them dearly so I think they have an addictive qualtiy.

Clean them up, dry them in the oven at 190 with the door slightly cracked until they start to crisp. Then coffee grinder. We eat them tho. Down them with a beer because of the nasty taste. Here's my take:

2-4 grams: espresso like buzz, energetic..colors are more rich, the world seems a bit more pretty, this is where we go mostly. Pleasant with weed.

5-8 grams: haven't tried more than that, sort of gets dreamlike and fuzzy, at 8 grams I felt a little nausea but nothing I couldn't deal with.

I always feel good and what I could call 'cleansed' the next day.

18. kill0025

kill0025 Banned

i think you would have to be kind of an idiot to smoke them lol

just eat them for fuck sakes why bother to go through the taste of smoking it and the unwanted shit and carcinogenic mushroom muck in your lungs

19. raincoast

raincoast Member

I've heard mushroom smoke can cause blindness or eye problems. But thats something im not positive about

20. ccc DexheaD ccc

ccc DexheaD ccc Member

i ate some i believe to be oven dried. i smoked several bowls of the red skin and ate 6 grams minus the bowls. nada,i couldnt tell if what i felt from smoking was from the shrooms or just the lack of oxygen experienced while smoking them it was that mild for me. However 2 days later i took a not particularly large dose of dxm and the trip was very unique and almost un-dxm like. parts i could tell where the dxm, but i felt like i was towering over everyone and they seemed small and distant.it was definitely much more visual than dxm but in a way that things where distorted,i wasnt seeing things that wheren't really there. i still contribute this to taking the aminita's,any opinions on this?