i have mono, should i smoke?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by weedwhacker, Oct 24, 2008.

1. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

well i was experiencing some congestion and a non-productive cough with sore glands, so today we went to the dr and i had some tests and was diagnosed with mono.

would smoking a bit of weed help? i can imagine it would help with some of the symptoms such as overall feeling of shittyness and loss of apatite, but my coughing is pretty bad, do you think weed would make this worse?

any experiences/opinions would be appreciated

2. Subliminal89

Subliminal89 A Tokémon Master

I have had Mono before. I would think that smoking couldnt be very harmful. Your very contagious right now tho so putting your lips all over a pipe or whatever could be a bigger problem.. Mono makes you very sleepy. so smoking should probably just mellow you out more.

3. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

yea i thought about that, i figure if i do smoke i'll clean my pipe in alcohol and salt afterwards, it needs it anyway.

did you smoke while you had mono? god it sucks...

4. Subliminal89

lol no i was in freakin' 8th grade when I got it! lol didnt toke the reefer back then.

5. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

yeah, stay by yourself, you don't want to share that shit. ugh. the kissing disease.
    ive never had it, but if i were you id probably take the opportunity to reduce tolerance.
    drink some bay leaf tea for your congestion, pm me for details.

6. Thories

Thories Member

I've had mono, You won't do any harm bu smoking unless you over do it. If you smoke a huge amount, or over work yourself you can make the condition worse and cause some nasty complications.

Just remember to sleep, relax and don't strain yourself

7. weedwhacker

weedwhacker TFM Bro!

i smoked last night, and i have to say it worked quite well. my lungs actually felt better after smoking, maybe because its an expectorant and opens up your lungs? i also lost that overall shitty feeling and i ate a ton of food :p

thanks for the advice guys

o and mother's love, after reading your post, i drank some chamomile tea and that helped alot with the sore throat

8. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

indeed, but throw a bay leaf (usually used in stews and soups) to break up and expectorate the congestion. don't eat the leaf, it can cut your throat.

9. Billium

Billium Member

I had a sore throat one day. Smoked the next and it was gone.

10. drew5147

drew5147 Dingledodie

Make some edibles.

11. Subliminal89

I probably would not smoke. you definitely want to get better as fast as you can. your tolerance will go down anyways brah.

12. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

i never smoke if i'm sick cuz it always makes me feel worse

13. hemphippie

hemphippie Member

i agree that you should make some edibles...if you do smoke just dont pass it around (obviously)

14. Startreken

Startreken Marijuana Chef!

I would say it would be a good idea if possible not to smoke, although I can't give you a reason why other than the fact that when mono is full blown you are so tired that you can't do anything. I can't imagine being stoned and in full blow mono. I had it in high school and back then all you could do was sleep and drink lots of fluids. Now, if smoking weed makes you feel better then I would say go for it. However, do not drink any liquor of any kind if can affect your kidneys and your liver. I would also not do any other drugs other than Weed for a while, other than what your doctor recomends. As I remember, mono is in your system for the next three months. I remeber one time while I had mono I had this burst of energy and ended up painting the entire hallway and I could not sleep then all of a sudden I was done and I ended up sleeping for 18 hours. It's a messed up affliction. Good luck.