Cat pee in plant?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by Moro, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Moro

Moro Member

We have a five month old kitten and were wondering how much damage it would do if she used a marijuana plant as a bathroom?

2. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

well i know dog piss will kill gras and plants so i cant imagine cat piss being any better for it.

3. fishheadbob

fishheadbob Member

I wouldn't encourage the cat. I can't see anything good coming from a cute little kitten messing around with your weed whether peeing, playing, scratching, etc. Go buy the little darling some catnip and somehow fence off your grow to keep kitty away.

4. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

And cute little kittens tend to grow into big fat cats=>O

That if alowed to do it now, will dig in the dirt and cause some real damage{:>)

5. OMcD

OMcD Member

Also, if you allow animals near your plants, you are increasing the odds of the plants getting infested with pest insects, etc.

6. Moro

Moro Member

We're not letting her near the plant - we keep the door closed. But yesterday she got in without us noticing and it made us concerned about what could happen if she did at some point use it as a bathroom

7. OMcD

OMcD Member

Ah. I love cats. :sunny:

8. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I would not worry about a cat peeing on the plant.

However, some cats do enjoy eating the plant.

More than a few times I had a cat of mine top a plant and also attempt to eat the entire plant.

Some cats love marijuana plants. It has already been pointed out that it is best to keep them out of the grow area.

Watch the cats, they are very fast and it does not take them long to get into an area that they want to be in.:)

Interesting to note there is a strain of marijuana called "Cat piss"

9. zenloki

zenloki Member

cat pee contains high enough levels of urea to cause burning and that's bad. if she does pee in there be sure to flush the roots with water to leach as much out as possible. you can fertilize plants with pee but it needs to be diluted at least 8 to 1 and don't worry it's sterile. i've put rocks in the top of my pots if there's a cat problem and it has consistently kept them out.

10. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur