anyone have a nudist family?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by ohioubobcat7, Jan 1, 2007.

1. burky1993

burky1993 Member

i wish i did, but sadly not.... my mum is fairly open minded so if i told her she wudnt be to bothered i think, but i would never be naked in front of her unless she started living a nudist life style but my step dad is a little bit closed minded, but when im older and get my family goin, i plan to be a nudist and raise our children in to a nudist life

2. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I don't, and I know they'd be offended if they knew I visit nudist beaches. Like burky, if I have a family I hope I can raise them to accept a nudist life, at least in the home and on beaches.

3. inudisti

inudisti Member

When I was a kid, my parents, me and my sister used to see each other naked all the time. I would definitely not say we were nudists because it wasn't as if we lounged around naked or went to beaches. We would see each other getting out of the shower or changing in front of each other.
    I am married now and my wife and I are nudists and plan to have an open nudist household when we have kids.
    We want our kids to grow up with a very open mind and have a lot of self confidence and self esteem. We believe that this lifestyle will give our children many tools in their life.
    I have noticed a lot of posts of a sexual nature regarding being naked with family. We disagree with this very much. We wont hide our sexuality from our children as we feel it is a good example if our children can see that a loving couple has sex and understand what a healthy relationship is like. But that definitely would not include having sex in front of our children or doing anything of a sexual nature. First of all, it is imortant that they learn that nudity doesn not always equate with sex. There is a time for each.

JH93022 and glennmw like this.
  4. Astrillian

Astrillian Member

I completely agree here!

5. PaEmt77

PaEmt77 Member

I have to agree with Dario, My last relationship ended with no chance in Hell of a nudist family. I am looking for a nudist woman to have a child with so we can be home nudists. Its alot harder then it seems, finding the right person to do this with. I know a nudist family and they have alot less fights and the kids seem to listen alot more in a natural lifestyle then in a textile world. I have been a nudist for 4 years and I wish I could have the opportunity to have and be a home nudist family.

6. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Guys, stand by your principles! If you believe that nude living is a better way, then you owe it to yourself and the women you date to open up about this fairly early in the relationship. If she's going to freak out about the nudity thing, obviously it is better for her to walk away early, before either of you would potentially be too broken-hearted about the relationship.

But here's good news! You can improve the odds. I have discovered that potential or current nudists are more likely to be found in:
    alternative healing arts (chiropractic, massage therapy, etc)
    environmental and progressive social causes
    hiking club members and other nature lovers
    homesteader and back-to-the-land types
    hippies and other free spirits
    people in the fine arts
    people involved in personal fitness

Of course there's always the obvious thing of meeting nudists and naturists at a resort, campground or non-landed club. They tend to be married and older, but you might still meet someone young and single.
    Florida Young Naturists is a group for young single adults and seems to have more female members than you might expect.
    You can meet single nudists online, just be prepared to sift through lots of cheesy ads from posers. (This is not my way of meeting people).

7. MidGaNudist

MidGaNudist Guest

(Summer, 2009) My family became nudist last summer. We built a pool three years ago and at night I would take off my suit and swim nude. I loved it. One of my boys came to ask something. He never asked, instead he shouted "Mom you aren't wearing anything."
    We talk about skinny dipping at night. I asked if he was embarrassed. He said no. This became a nightly ritual; I didn't put my suit on before going out to the pool.
    On day while sunning by the pool, I got hot and dove in with my suit on. After a minute, I took my suit off and got out of the pool nude. I was nude all day. I went in to cook dinner I never got dressed. My husband (Jim) and boys (Brian and JT) were shocked to see me cooking naked. I started going nude all the time.
    The next day, I laid by the pool, nude. My husband worked most of the day in the yard. He showered off and came out wearing only a towel. He sat and we talked about my “show” last night. He asked if I would have stripped and gone nude, I told him I never wanted to wear a bathing suit again in our pool. We grilled and ate by the pool that day.
    The next weekend, I got home from work and took off my clothes and went straight to the pool. Brian came out to swim; he asked if I was going to put a suit on. I told him I was going to be nude in our pool for now on. I asked him if that was ok with him. He said I was weird. I told him Dad and I have decided that we are not wearing suits anymore but he still could. He swam for awhile. He got out and went to the patio door, stripped, and wrapped a towed around himself and went inside (they must be dry to go inside- dad’s rule). He later came back out and put on the wet bathing suit. I got out of the pool and dried off and asked what he wanted for dinner, he said hamburgers. Jim asked about dinner and I told Hamburgers. He started the grill and I went inside to get hamburgers. When I came out I saw a soggy suit next to the pool. Brian was in the pool and not wearing a suit.
    When the hamburgers were ready I opened the door and yelled to JT dinners ready. He came out and saw all of us naked and said guess you are all nudist now. We ate dinner and talked about wearing clothes and why our pool now was clothing optional. He was ok as long as he didn’t have to participate.
    At home clothes were a thing of the past. Nude was now the way I was unless we had visitors. When they did come by I would put on a swim cover-up. I was nude as when possible, clothed when practical.
    I talk to Jim about going away to a nudist resort; he said no way. I eventually convinced him to go. So our first time was at Caliente in Land O Lakes, Florida. We loved it. What a place we had the best time. Our trip was perfect. We rented a condo and were nude for seven days straight. Late one night, I even went to McDonald’s nude; I just wrapped a towel around me.
    Driving home we talked about bringing the boys back with us, JT didn’t have any interest in being nude other than in the shower. Brian would swim nude but get dressed afterwards. So maybe this was too much to ask of them.
    We told Brian and JT about our trip and asked if they would be interested. Brian said, “Sounds great, when we can go?”
    JT said, “No way”
    JT is twelve and Brian is ten. I could understand JT not wanting any part of this. Although comfortable with us not wearing clothes at home, he wasn’t ready to be nude or at a place where others are nude.
    We had trip to Disney planned for July and thought maybe we would swing by a nudist resort for a day. Brian went online and looked up nudist resorts around Disney. He found Cypress Cove. Brian started sleeping nude, and sometimes just lounging around nude.
    One night JT went swimming by himself. He dove in and swam to the other side of the pool. I watched him out of the window. He swam and played until Brian came and jumped in. they played and swam for about an hour. I watched the whole time and JT didn’t get out. The next morning I went to clean the pool and in the bottom of the deep end was a JT’s bathing suit.
    I was outside sitting by the pool, now my tan is nice and even. I was getting darker every day. JT came and sat by me, and asked if we went to Disney would he have to go nude if we went to Cypress Cove. I told him he could dress or undress as he wanted no one would force him to be nude. He told me about swimming nude at night and how much he had liked not wearing a suit. I told him that is how I started and his dad still will wear a suit sometimes. He wanted to know if there would be kids his age at the resort. I told him I think so. He went back inside and Brian came out with a towel wrapped around him. I asked Brian if he left his suit in the bottom of the pool. He said it was JT’s because he never swims with one.
    After talking to JT, I asked if there was somewhere he wanted to go while we were at Disney. He said no and asked where we would be staying. I told him we would stay at Disney. He told me Brian wants to stay at “the nudist place.” I asked him what he thought. He just said, “I don’t care as long as I don’t have to be nude.”
    I talked to Jim; he couldn’t believe JT would be open to the idea. We made reservation at Cypress Cove.
    On the drive down the boys watched a movie with their headphones. I told Jim I was happy we were going to Cypress Cove with the boys. Jim told me he made reservations at a hotel: just-in-case JT freaks out. JT told me,” I didn’t know you wanted to go with us here so bad.” I told him I want to be a full-time nudist with my family but, I’m not going to force this on you. We can go stay at a hotel. He said he was “OK” with this.
    We arrived at Cypress Cove on Friday, around noon. I was undressed a soon as we cleared the gate.
    Brian shouted, “I see naked people.”
    JT said, “And they are all old.”
    “Yes” Jim said,
    We found our condo and it overlooked the pool. Jim and the boys unloaded the car. JT went into the bathroom and locked the door. Brian stared out the window and watched all the other kids playing. JT open the door and stepped out nude and said, “I’m a nudist now.”
    We grabbed our towels, sunscreen and my book and headed for the pool. JT wrapped in the towel and followed close behind. We found four chairs, I sat and looked around and the boys were gone. They surfaced on the other side of the pool. They played with some younger kids. We were all enjoying our nudist vacation.
    We got up and asked the boys what they wanted to do today. They were ready for Disney. We got dressed and drove to Disney. I wore a Cypress Cove t-shirt and short no underwear. Jim wore the same. After two hours at Epcot, JT said lets go back and swim. Brian wanted to do one more ride, so after that we headed back to “The Cove” as the boy called it.
    We were back at “The Cove” by two o clock. This time JT was nude before we were in the gate. Brian soon followed his brother by taking off his clothes. Brian said he never wanted to wear clothes again. We spent the rest of Saturday by the pool. The boys meet other kids there age and we would see them only for a brief moment. JT complained about how white he was compared to me. I told him he would darken up by the end of the week.
    Sunday I got the boys up and we cook breakfast in our condo. The boys asked if we were going back to Disney. I asked if they wanted to go Brian said no and JT said he didn’t care. I talked to them and asked them if we didn’t go could the find fun things to do here. JT said, “I’m happy here, it is too hot and too many people at Disney.”
    JT and Brian were in the pool all day. I sat and watched them play. It was like JT and Brian were best friends. No typical older-younger brother rivalry. JT came and sat by me. And I said your tan is darker today then yesterday. He smiled. A twelve year girl walked by and smiled at him. I have a feeling JT will be a life-long nudist now.
    We talked for a while he wanted to know if he could text his friends. I told him ok, but they might think it is weird. Some I told him might make fun of him. He decided to wait to tell them later. I went inside to get a drink. When I came back JT was talking to that girl that smiled at him. She told him she has grown up as a nudist since she was a baby. Her mom and dad live in a community called Paradise Valley in North Georgia. He asked her if her friends at school know she said “of course.” Brian told me later he saw them hold hands. The girl went home the next day. She text JT all the way home.
    With the money we saved by not going to Disney we bought a hot tub and a pool heater.
    On the way home the boy slept. Jim and I talked about being full-time nudist. Jim wasn’t as excited about telling people or hosting parties. I love being nude and told him no more clothes to be worn around the house. He agreed, but I sensed discomfort in my idea.
    When we got home and the boys unloaded the car, went to their rooms and went to bed. Jim and I stayed up and went thru the mail. We are now full-time nudist

1 person likes this.
  8. Aedes

Aedes Member

Not a nudist family. As far as I know I'm the only one that is really a nudist. When I do have a family I hope to raise them as nudists though, it's the way we were meant to live, it's natural.

9. Biggles_Nude!

Biggles_Nude! Hakuna matata.

In bold, these most certainly apply to me. :)

10. Dragon De Noir

Dragon De Noir Member

Nice story. You are at home. Be comfortable. Keep on being nude at home, all the time!:sunny:

11. Ryuuza

Ryuuza Member

My wife and I strive to be nude every chance we get. There are a few things that hinder this from being 100%. 1. And this is the biggest, my father in law lives in our home. When he isn't home. We are nude. 2. We live in Washington...which gets a tad bit cold. Yes, we have heat, but sometimes it's just not enough. 3. Our son, although he completely understands about nudity and occasionally will see see his mother or father naked he isn't completely comfortable being around us naked 100 percent of the time. Of course, this brings up a question to the group.

How do you:
    A. Handle Non-Nudist (we will call them Vanilla) friends that come to visit say for a BBQ? Do you respect their wishes to not be nude and wear clothes? Do you encourage them to try it?
    B. For those with younger children, how do you handle things, when their friends come over or stay the night? Follow up question, you are nudists, you are teaching your kids to be nudists, do you tell your children not to share this information with other adults or friends because they may not understand or they may judge you as being wrong? Back to the idea of "spending the night." In the event that your children are comfortable with living as nudists and then they stay the night with another family and then go nude...how do you handle it?

As I have made mention, we have talked to our son about our lifestyle. We have explained to him that we do not view the need to be naked as something that is wrong and we encourage "naked time." We also tell him that some people do not feel as comfortable as we do being naked. Some people also view it as wrong. I know kids generally have a good right/wrong detector and if they aren't comfortable doing something they won't do it. However, telling someone, it's OK to do it here, but not any where else because someone else thinks it's wrong sends a mixed signal.

12. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

Hi Ryuuza,

I try an answer though I am not married and I do not have own kids. And tough I wouldn’t say I try a full nudist lifestyle. So you have to see if my answers really fit. Anyway, i did grow up myself in a naturism-open family, I am friend with some naturism practicing families with kids and over the years I did have my godchild with me as a “spare mother” several times. So maybe some thoughts fit.

> my father in law lives in our home. When he isn't home. We are nude.

Maybe you can talk to him and(or over the time he gets used to it. Who knows, maybe he’s even open to join you?

> We live in Washington...which gets a tad bit cold. Yes, we have heat, but sometimes it's just not enough.

For me, nudity is going along so much with feeling comfortable. So if it’s too cold, I don’t feel a need not to wear anything. But I know also some more serious nudists trying passionately to stand a wide range of temperature and other environmental conditions.

> How do you:
    > A. Handle Non-Nudist (we will call them Vanilla) friends that come to visit say for a BBQ? Do you respect their wishes to not be nude and wear clothes?

Yes of course. It’s not my task to force anyone to anything. I also will not go nude if I know someone comes to me who feels very uncomfortable with. But I’m open for development and mind opening ;-)

> Do you encourage them to try it?

Maybe yes, depending who they are.

> B. For those with younger children, how do you handle things, when their friends come over or stay the night?

I guess I would handle this in a similar way as above. Maybe their parent’s attitude counts too.

> Follow up question, you are nudists, you are teaching your kids to be nudists, do you tell your children not to share this information with other adults or friends because they may not understand or they may judge you as being wrong?

This would imply that there is something ‘wrong’ about it. So the base answer should be ‘no’, but maybe you can discuss the topic. But I guess, beside this, children do develop a high competence in learning to understand social situations and decide what to tell, if you let them make their experiences.

Btw. I guess we shouldn’t “teach’ kids to a certain attitude or behavior, but to become open minded, confidently and independently thinking and acting. So they will decide themselves where and when they go nude or clothed. Some years ago we took my godson to camping vacation and he did run around naked most of the time with the most natural, even in the textile areas. During another more recent vacation his shorts seemed to be stitched to his bum, though we had chosen to stay at a whole nudist camping due to his enthusiasm the time before. So, should we say the one behavior is ‘right’ and the other ‘wrong’? For sure not!

> Back to the idea of "spending the night." In the event that your children are comfortable with living as nudists and then they stay the night with another family and then go nude...how do you handle it?

Same as above. I guess kids develop competence in deciding what fits and what doesn’t. When I was a kid myself, there were a lot of same aged children in the neighborhood, so sleeping somewhere else was a common joy for some years. I couldn’t make a list, but i remember nudity and sleeping nude was ok usually, but that there was one family who always gave me pajamas.

> As I have made mention, we have talked to our son about our lifestyle. We have explained to him that we do not view the need to be naked as something that is wrong and we encourage "naked time." We also tell him that some people do not feel as comfortable as we do being naked. Some people also view it as wrong. I know kids generally have a good right/wrong detector and if they aren't comfortable doing something they won't do it.

I guess you already know the things I can tell you and probably also have the trust in your son’s competences and abilities. So I think I can’t tell you anything new, but maybe give some support.

Take care.

13. Ryuuza

Ryuuza Member

@ *pixy* -
    Well put. I did find incite to your answers. Not to stereotype, but your question concerning my father-in-law. (Ex biker, Ex Navy, Ex New Yorker with lots of attitude to boot. Very opinionated and will go to great lengths to share his with you.) Not going to go that route. Not to mention, my wife has no intention of being nude in front of her father.I guess the points I brought up really don't matter until you are in that situation. No one knows how they are going to react until they have been there. I guess I was looking for examples on how people who were in the situation handled it. I am curious if anyone has ever hosted a sleep over and one of the kids went nude. Ah well. Thanks for the reply and take care yourself!

14. Madco1

Madco1 Guest

Growing up in a nudist family, we dressed for some guests, and stayed nude for others, depending on the guest. I introduced a few of my friends at school to my lifestyle at home when I was 13, with their parents consent, 2 of my friends regularly slept over while I was at school. I sat both of them down and explained all about nudism and what they would see if they came over to mine after school, both seemed nervous but curious about my family, I told them they had to get permission from their parents before they came over, sam's parents initially said no until his mum spoke to mupy mum over e phone, they then allowed him to come over but told him he should remained clothed himself and my other friend Peter's parents were happy to let Peter stay over at a naturist home, as Peter's uncle and aunt were nudists so knew all about it.

Peter came over first, I got dressed before he arrived, but my mum, dad, sister (17) and older brother (15) were all naked, his mum walked him to the door and my mum greeted them there in the nude, Peter looked a little nervous, but happily bid his mum farewell, and came inside, I was standing behind mum to greet him.

Well, how do you feel Pete? Mum asked, feeling ok with all this nakedness?

Um, I think so he replied, after saying hello to the rest of my family who were in the back room watching Telly, we went to my room where Peter asked me how come I wasn't naked, I explained it was for his benefit and he told me I should undress. So I did. after that the ice was broken and Peter was over at my house almost every week, he always remained clothed, although would often strip to his underwear. Until I asked him to sleep over a few months later, the whole family was watching Telly and my brother asked Peter why he still wore underwear. Peter told him that it was because he was too shy to let everyone see his private parts, my brother replied, there are no such thing as private parts in this house, everyone has seen everyone else's bodies, then he asked Peter if There is any reason for my brother to be ashamed of his penis because it's on display, to this Peter replied of course not you have nothing to be ashamed of being naked, with that he understood the point my brother was trying to convey and stood up in front of my mum and dad, myself, my sister and brother and took off his underwear, then sat down again. No one said anything, my dad patted pete on the head and we all went back to the movie.

When Sam came to visit, only my sister was home. She was In the garden, naked of course, we went straight upstairs to my room and I told Sam I was going to get naked, Sam asked if he should as well, and I said, only if you want to give it a try. Sam said that he did, so we both got naked. Sam immeaditely got an erection, I told him it was fine, totally normal, I told him how I get them all the time, everyone at home just tends to ignore them, but I told him we can stay upstairs until it goes away. When we did venture downstairs, we joined my sister in the garden, poor Sam got an erection as soon as he saw my sister naked, she laughed and told him not to worry, she took it as a compliment. Evenually it calmed down and he met my mum and dad and brother, all in the nude, that evening, after his first visit Sam never wore clothes when he came over ever again, but didn't ever tell his parents that he went nude.

glennmw likes this.
  15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Same with me....... They are all conditioned :(

16. Ryuuza

Ryuuza Member

@Madco1 - What an interesting story. Thank you for sharing that. If you don't mind me asking, how old were you and your friends?

17. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

Unfortunately, I am the only one in my family who love's the feeling of being nude. They're to damn conservative.

18. Dude111

Very good indeed!!

People are often quite scared and really there is no reason for it!!

Im surprised he actually took his underwear off! (But i bet he was happy he did!)

Not hiding things IS AN AWESOME FEELING :)

19. Jason Lee

Jason Lee Banned

the best and only way for you to get a better understanding is by you shaving your vagina

20. Dude111

Its not natural to shave!!!! -- It looks stupid......

Having a nice Bush looks beautiful :)