Dreadlock Forum: Knotty Know-How

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

yup. even a few dreads can be cool for someone.

2. hamish...

hamish... Member

all manner of dreads kick ass they show personality ;P

3. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

:daisy: yup

4. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

I have dreads for about two months now, what really really works to get them nice and strong is lemon juice, and felt needles. Also I'm using lets dread shampoo, it smells real nice and it really gets them clean. They're toughening up fast.

5. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

spacechive, do felting needles work? that would be so cool lol

6. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

:rainbow: They work like a charm :) great super awesome stuff! Try it! Just poke it back and forth through your dreadlocks pushing the loose hair in.

7. hamish...

hamish... Member

whats a felting needle???

8. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

9. hamish...

hamish... Member

oh brill as soon as i get money im gna go and buy 1 cos i got soo many loose hairs...40% of each of my dreads it loose hair lol

10. Angel86

Angel86 Member

I'v never had dreads but I always wanted at least a few to play off my curls. I just can't figure out the very best way to do it.

11. Dietrich

Dietrich Member

I've wanted dreads for a while now, but my bosses are always against it...

12. dazed.confused

dazed.confused Member

hey is it true that once you have dreads, and if someday you want to get rid of them, do you have to shave your head? cuz dude i dont want dreads if im gonna have to do that...but i really want them cuz i have the perfect hair for it and i would look good with them... any advice?

13. WWKCD729

WWKCD729 Member

all you do is use conditioner

14. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

depends. if you havnt had them for that long (like a few months i think) you can comb them out with conditioner. or you can cut your hair but you dont have to shave it. you can have like 4 inches of hair at least. i have heard of people combing out dreads that are very mature but i dont know anything about it.

15. SpaceChive

SpaceChive Member

You don't have to shave your entire head. Even if you can't comb em out. You can also neglect them for a while so they'll grow out a bit.
    I'm really having trouble with the fluff everywhere it just keeps getting worse! And I can't keep felting, if you do that to much you'll screw up your dreads.. anyone got an idea?

16. RoninBandit

RoninBandit Member

I just got dreadlocks yesterday, It took me a year to grow my hair long enough from a buzz. Since im white they had to interlock my hair. I like the way they turned out even tho they arent mature yet, It hurt a bit getting em but it was so worth it. The only thing i can complain about is sleeping, Im sure Ill get used to it eventually tho.

[​IMG]

What do you all think of em?

-Jak

17. jademermaid

jademermaid Member

Hey there! I just found this forum the other day, but was unsure about posting. I'm somewhat hippielike, but I am not sure if I will fit in or not. Anyway, here I am, 42, bellydance teacher, married, no kids, ex-druggie, I love my animals and my infant dreads, which are 12 days old.

This is how they looked at four days, I'll take better pictures soon!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1084/764365849_1566494a50.jpg?v=0

I'm not sure why the image insert in't working for me!

18. hamish...

hamish... Member

hey welcome and your hippy? then your deffinatly welcome! and your a dreadhead...that says it all. married = kool, kids = who needs em, drugs =im only into herb, animals = kick ass!
    so u fit right in! nice dreads

19. jademermaid

jademermaid Member

Thanks, Hamish!

20. jademermaid

jademermaid Member

I know you guys with mature dreads are probably less than impressed, but my babies are holding together on their own after washing now, and I'm starting to enjoy taking pictures of them, so suffer, bitches!

I applied for a part-time job today, but there were a lot of people there, I guess we will see. Anyway, you really can't tell when I put my hair up like this:

[​IMG]

They are holding together better after each washing now. It's all so weird and interesting, like Seamonkeys, but without the smell!

Speaking of smells, I've tried different shampoo options, but I really think that Wal-mart brand orange dish detergent seems to help them mat up the best so far!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.