• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#21 Evil Icecube

Evil Icecube

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted December 05 2005 - 04:54 AM

I'm going to get fake dreads. I hate it but my hair is just to thin and doesnt grow!

I SHALL HAVE DREADS :(
Posted Image
AND ITS MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) <-- This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

#22 blue skys

blue skys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted January 04 2006 - 06:53 PM

dreadsPosted Image

#23 WynterFrost

WynterFrost

Short Bus Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted January 13 2006 - 07:56 AM

wow those are prudy

Posted Image

Tool IS Beautiful
my babys due date jan 18th

#24 Billie

Billie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 04:11 AM

I backcombed my hair today and got some fat dreads goin on.. they arent locked up yet.. and im scared they are just going to unravell.. is there anyhting to keep em together.. everyone says no wax. what then?
help guys
billie

#25 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,226 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 09:25 AM

I backcombed my hair today and got some fat dreads goin on.. they arent locked up yet.. and im scared they are just going to unravell.. is there anyhting to keep em together.. everyone says no wax. what then?
help guys
billie

GO TO THE KNOTTY-KNOW HOW THREAD!

Don't people know how to read?
Everything in nature is connected...

#26 ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic

• PipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 10:35 AM

wheres the personal forum then doofus annie? is this not the right place to ask about dread locks, in the knotty know how forum?

if you read the first page ofthis thread youd know this ISNT the knoty know how forum. she posted a link to it here:

http://hipforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209

check us out.

#27 ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic

• PipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 10:37 AM

Gyva02 people with straight hair can have nice dreads too but not by simply not brushing, you gotta get them done by someone who knows what they are doing & then you gotta wax em n stuff every once in a while,

this is not correct. i have dead straight hair when not locked. i didnt go to anyone who "knew what the ywer doing" i back combed once and left them to knotty up. I have friends with dead straight hairand great dreads who didnt even back comb. Its all about patience

#28 ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic

• PipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 10:39 AM

Best dread lock site ever
http://www.knottyboy.com/

with their high prices i wouldnt say the ywere the best dread locks siter ever/. www.knottylocks.tk is a disscussion forum full of wonderfrul advice. an is our very own knotty kmnow how forum over in the personal forums section of hipforums. both of these places can give you advice one dreads and provide you with dread remedies that you can make YOURSELF without forking out the high prices knottyboy charge. Also theres lot of crafty drad folk who make beads and tams.

#29 FiddlerOnTheRoof

FiddlerOnTheRoof

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted January 29 2006 - 05:44 PM

Am moving towards getting dreads for the craic* and experience of it. My hair is still a little too short, but this cool thread is inspiring me to tell my hair to grow faster so I can speed things along and lock my hair up like it stole something!

*craic= fun (Irish)
Posted Image

#30 YEMphish21

YEMphish21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted February 07 2006 - 10:24 PM

i miss mine! i had them over the summer, but then they fell out Posted Image my hair is too thin to hold them for very long. i've been putting in hair wraps and dreading what is underneath, so that way when i take out the hair wrap, the dread has tightened enough so it wont fall out. slow and tedious process...
"Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints"

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop