I Love You Alice B. Toklas

"You! Go on a diet!"
"But all I eat is grass and acid..." :)

#22 ElChivato

ElChivato

• PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted May 10 2005 - 01:08 PM

Dazed & Confused, but i've only seen a few stoner movies, so i don't really have many to choose from.
peace & love.
*~Laina~*

#23 dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 08:48 AM

Grass - its a documentary, but I still like it.
Requim for a Dream
Train Spotting
Posted Image

#24 Varuna

Varuna

• PipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 11:23 AM

Blue Planet - The 8 hour BBC documentary about undersea life. It is beautiful regardless of whether or not you are high.

Baraka - Just sublime. A wordless, balanced glimpse of the highs and lows of the human spirit.

Hair - Singing Hippies, you've got to love that. Captures the idealism of the hippie movement and then puts it right back up against the issues of the day (The war and the draft, racism, classism, societal resistance to a conscious, idealism-based lifestyle, etc.). The soundtrack is pretty good too.

Woodstock - More singing Hippies, the non-fiction version. Musically, it runs the full spectrum between truly inspired and just too stoned. As a documentary, it is a hopeful reminder that Hippie idealism is actually practical. Peace, Love and Music can actually transform an unpredictably large crowd (as in, no one was prepared to meet the needs of 300,000 people for simple things like food, toilets, medical care, transportation, etc.) into a peaceful, functioning, celebratory event.

I am a big fan of the "Mind Blowing" stoner movies, some of the best I have seen are:

Big Fish - A fantastic story about the importance of fantastic stories and the interconnected effects that the events of those fantastic stories have on other people's lives. This movie is as deep and funny and fun as you want it to be.

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead - This is the perfect double feature to go with Big Fish. They tell the same story in exactly opposite ways. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern have no story about themselves whatsoever, they don't even know which of them is Rosencrantz or Guildenstern, and they have no idea about the interconnected effects of the events in which they take part. Just like Big Fish, this movie is as deep and funny and fun as you want it to be.

I Heart Huckabees - "How am I not myself?"Existential detectives are hired to figure out, and teach you, the meaning of your life. Freakin' brilliant. Would make a good double feature with Harold and Maude.
The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that.

#25 QueenOfCarrotFlowers

QueenOfCarrotFlowers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 04:12 PM

I'll have to agree with Varuna, I usually stick to documentaries or intelligent films when I'm stoned rather than the movies that seem to exploit potheads and make them all seem like burnouts. I've always loved pot because it really makes me zone out and think about shit, where as when I'm not stoned my bipolar tendencies take over and it makes it hard to think clearly.

So of course my favorite things to watch are:
Naked Lunch (Burroughs), Fear and Loathing (Thompson) and documentaries on the history channel about politics, war, differen't cultures, serial killers, etc.etc.
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
-Bill Hicks
Posted Image

#26 Libertine

Libertine

Guru of Hedonopia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,820 posts

Posted May 12 2005 - 04:54 PM

The Trip
More
Easy Rider

#27 Moonjava

Moonjava

• PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted May 14 2005 - 09:44 PM

DAZED & CONFUSED
Hands Down.... great movie!!
Posted Image

#28 alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire

Just Do It©

• PipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts
  • LocationExit 12, Information Superhighway

Posted May 15 2005 - 10:25 PM

'clerks' and 'a clockwork orange'... the latter of which is very freaky when imapired... very
squirrel bottom pillow diggle

#29 GraffitiSoul

GraffitiSoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted May 17 2005 - 01:47 PM

Waking Life, Dogma, Half Baked(obviously), The Wall, Belly, How High, and Alice
Posted Image
Im not a bum, Im a nomad

#30 _see_

_see_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted May 17 2005 - 02:02 PM

oooh so many
dazed an confused (as so many have said)
loved easy rider so much watched it while i was stoned and incredibly pissed on wine
She'll carry on through it all
She's a waterfall
Posted Image

Click to shop at Herbies Head Shop