Guitar Players ?

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Mallyboppa, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

When someone Hands you a Guitar What Chord ( or riff ) do you Play ?
    I normally play Bm Dont know why it just seems natural

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Emaj7 .. Amaj .. kinda like "the eyes of the world" tune ..

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

It's funny man I was thinking of making a similar thread just recently! I usually play a csus4 to see if the guitar is in tune.Then I try and play something I've never played before to get out of bad habits and over-played routines.

4. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

you want to learn guitar study jazz improv

5. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I usually just play the latest thing I've been working on, unless I know they won't really like it.
    Like if it's a friend who listens to Country, I'm not going to go Acid on them. Unless it's going to be a joke!!
    I have it set up so I can turn the volume down on one pickup and it's mainly acoustic, crank it up and it overdrives. That drives some people nuts.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I often pick "All My Loving" by the Beatles.It's one of the things I play best.

7. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

E7(#9). I met a deadhead named Adam Kamil a long time ago. He died! But way before that happened he taught me that chord. This was around the time I was learning to play guitar and the chord sort of stuck as a deadhead staple. Now I know that chord isn't really used by the dead, virtually at all (at least I haven't noticed it, but I'm not familiar with their entire catalog of songs), but it is well known for being a chord used by Jimi Hendrix. It's in "Purple Haze". :)

1 person likes this.
  8. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Purple Haze was the first song my daughter danced to, she was up on my computer desk showing off. She was maybe 1 1/2 to 2 years old. It was hilarious!

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

"Excuse me,while I kiss the sky/this guy..."

1 person likes this.
  10. Openmind693

Openmind693 Members

Started learning to play guitar when I was about 13. I have uploaded a bunch of songs I play guitar, sometimes midi, to

http://sutros.com/openmind.

I call myself Knarf there. It is best to listen to the songs by using the playlists on the right. Enjoy! [​IMG]