No replies to this topic

#1 skip

skip

If you don't know me by now...

• Administrators
  • 12,330 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted October 28 2016 - 08:35 AM

Chelsea Manning (formerly known as Bradley Manning) has written an essay on Transgender and Civil Rights.
It turns out that even while still in the military, Chelsea was secretly undergoing the transgender process.
Now she wants full recognition from the US government as a female.

In her essay, Chelsea describes some of the difficulties faced by transgendered persons.
The most serious issues are not being recognized legally as transgendered and the discrimination that is felt.

Chelsea is in prison serving a 35 year prison sentence for sending classified diplomatic information to Wikileaks.
She legally changed her name after she was sentenced.

We’re banned from serving our country in the armed services unless we serve as trans people in secret, as I did.

We should all have the absolute and inalienable right to define ourselves, in our own terms and in our own languages, and to be able to express our identity and perspectives without fear of consequences and retribution. We should all be able to live as human beings – and to be recognized as such by the societies we live in. - Chelsea Manning

Read More

Painting above is an idealized portrait of Chelsea Manning - how she views herself.
Here is how she looked as Bradley Manning.

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

Check out my Travel Journal!

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop