• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#21 aoabai

aoabai

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted November 10 2016 - 05:51 AM

I've never met anyone who had anything worthwhile, without them taking it from someone else.
You can't all have the nicest house, the best job, the prettiest wife. There aren't enough to go round. If you have it, someone else won't.
Ps
Never seen anyone with a life I envied. Seen people with more money, but I'm not driven by wanting money, I stopped when I had enough (at age 45).

Yea, I don't agree.
I think it's luck and your willingness to put time and effort in.
  • ʈuɱɓɭiɳɠ.ƌičɛ and OldDude2 like this

#22 YooperGuy

YooperGuy

Hick

• PipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 16 2016 - 07:21 AM

discussion about competing with other people for stuff GlenGlen.
Not honesty or hard work or any of that other Christian working class morality shit that nobody believes in anymore..

But if you wanna drag this towards a 'how hard I worked competition'
I'll admit defeat, I never did a day's hard work in my life, employers gave me money because they wanted my intelligence not my sweat.
And if the government wants to give me free money, I'm happy to take it and if I needed to lie, cheat and steal (and deal drugs), or kill to get ahead, I'd have done it..

Here you go GlenGlen

So you are a user and not a contributor to society. The folks that I hang around with still believe in you get what you earn. I've made a very nice life by working my ass off. I have more than some and and not as much as others, guess what, I could care less.

Edited by YooperGuy, November 16 2016 - 07:27 AM.

• GLENGLEN likes this

#23 GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,511 posts
  • LocationBathurst AUSTRALIA

Posted November 16 2016 - 07:27 AM

I'll admit defeat, I never did a day's hard work in my life, employers gave me money because they wanted my intelligence not my sweat.

And if the government wants to give me free money, I'm happy to take it and if I needed to lie, cheat and steal (and deal drugs), or kill to get ahead, I'd have done it..

Your'e A "Class Act" Dude............................................................NOT.

Cheers Glen.

• YooperGuy likes this

#24 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted November 17 2016 - 01:57 AM

So you are a user and not a contributor to society. The folks that I hang around with still believe in you get what you earn. I've made a very nice life by working my ass off. I have more than some and and not as much as others, guess what, I could care less.

Hardly anyone is a 'contributor' these days.

I am married to a farmer though, probably more of a 'contributor' than anyone else on this forum, and classed by her own society as worthless

Edited by OldDude2, November 17 2016 - 01:58 AM.

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#25 YooperGuy

YooperGuy

Hick

• PipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 17 2016 - 12:08 PM

Hardly anyone is a 'contributor' these days.
I am married to a farmer though, probably more of a 'contributor' than anyone else on this forum, and classed by her own society as worthless

I think my 35 years and going, working at a wastewater treatment plant would put me into the contributor category. I come from a long line of farmers, I hardly consider HER worthless.

Edited by YooperGuy, November 17 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#26 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted November 17 2016 - 04:10 PM

Funny thing is, those who actually do something worthwhile are the lowest paid considered to be at the bottom of western society.

While bankers, media, and office workers are considered much higher despite them being parasites.

Edited by OldDude2, November 17 2016 - 04:11 PM.

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#27 Cerode

Cerode

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 04:18 PM

Some of the answers I got in this thread are truthful yet terribly depressing at the same time. Still, I'm getting a "sux doo0000000d" vibe. I will admit that in my younger years my thought process was swayed by feel-good movies where there's some sort of karmic balance in the universe that makes sure all the bad guys get theirs and the good guys get every single thing they wanted just for being... "the good guy". Though I learned this wasn't the case when I graduated high school as an invisible nobody and didn't hook up with the girl I was really crushing on.

What I'd give to make these good-looking users of oxygen a chance to feel like an ugly person for at least a day, so they get some perspective. I wish PSA's would just randomly come on TV to let people know about this stuff. I guess it doesn't help that I'm mildly socially retarded - granted I can still functions in front of other people, but I'm really not a social butterfly or even much of a talker altogether. Boy do I hate social relativity.                                                                                                                                                                 

• OldDude2 likes this

#28 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 04:40 PM

I don't think attractiveness has anything to do with looks or personality.  I think it's just some mysterious X-factor that some of us completely lack.  It's reprobation or something.  

#29 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 04:47 PM

I don't think attractiveness has anything to do with looks or personality. I think it's just some mysterious X-factor that some of us completely lack.

Most of us are lacking $$$$$$$$$$s
It ain't all that mysterious!

Move to a country where the government doesn't give women free money, and you suddenly become waaaaay more attractive.

Edited by OldDude2, November 18 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#30 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted November 18 2016 - 05:22 PM

I don't get women.  I'm all about adventure.  I want to go ride the rails and shit, be a hobo.  Why are they so interested in money and possessions?  Don't they have any sense of drama?

• Yggdrazil likes this