158 replies to this topic

#11 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted November 09 2016 - 06:06 PM

You got two easy choices (if you can't be bothered to put the work in to become incredibly rich or famous).

1. Start selling drugs.
This has some risk attached (you might get shot or arrested), but it's easy and ugly drug dealers always get beautiful girls, as a bonus you make lots of money.

2. Move (or just holiday) to a 3rd world country.
Their standards of beauty are completely different, tall skinny white dudes with really big noses are considered the height of male beauty in SEA.
Not to mention all the hookers you can use for less than a good looking guy in the west has to spend on dinner to get laid.

Wherever you live,
Forget white girls, they just aren't worth the time or effort if you're an average (or below average) dude, or don't have much spare money to spend.

Edited by OldDude2, November 09 2016 - 06:15 PM.

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#12 newbie-one

newbie-one

one with the newbiverse

• PipPipPip
  • 8,329 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 09:09 PM

I usually like to read every post on a thread before I post, but this got kinda long, apologies.

Anyone can torment themselves if they focus on the things that they don't have but wish they did.  If your mind is focused on the things that you are grateful for, you'll have an endless well of happiness.

I'm not saying that you haven't experienced real pain and feelings of rejection.  But there are probably people who have been dealt a harsher hand in life who have found a way to be happier (just as there are also probably people have been dealt a better hand who are less happy).

Wishing you the best brother

• Loc–Nar likes this

#13 GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,509 posts
  • LocationBathurst AUSTRALIA

Posted November 09 2016 - 09:16 PM

I Really Can't Relate To This Thread.......But What I Can Say Is A Few Years Ago I Had To Change My Phone

Number Because Brad Pitt Was Ringing Me Night And Day Asking Me To Be His "Stunt Double"......coolgleamA.gif

Cheers Glen.

#14 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 09:44 PM

I Really Can't Relate To This Thread.......But What I Can Say Is A Few Years Ago I Had To Change My Phone Number Because Brad Pitt Was Ringing Me Night And Day Asking Me To Be His "Stunt Double"......

Cheers Glen.

Don't lie, we know he was after a BJ!

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

#15 aoabai

aoabai

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 10:34 PM

I usually like to read every post on a thread before I post, but this got kinda long, apologies.

Anyone can torment themselves if they focus on the things that they don't have but wish they did. If your mind is focused on the things that you are grateful for, you'll have an endless well of happiness.

I'm not saying that you haven't experienced real pain and feelings of rejection. But there are probably people who have been dealt a harsher hand in life who have found a way to be happier (just as there are also probably people have been dealt a better hand who are less happy).

Wishing you the best brother

I don't particularly care for the whole "let's compare scars" game.

It doesn't make me feel better that people have it worse than me. It's because one I don't want to feel grateful by someone else's misfortunes. It sounds like I'm climbing a mountain of people just to get on top. Also, my life is and has been pretty much shit, so I'm one of those "worse cases", thank you very much. *flips hair back*. As for comparing myself to better lives, I'm sure you can see the disadvantages of that as well. Because you're outside looking in at all the things you want, but can't have. So, I try not to do that either. I, instead try to be happy for these people that have better lives, because I wouldn't want them to suffer like I and others like me have. Sometimes you even have to be happy for them, because a lot of them aren't happy, even though they have a pretty good life. Just like you mentioned people who have a worse life are happy. It's like that, but opposite. Which I'm yet to meet someone like that, by the wat. Unless you're talking about Youtubers that are famous for being deformed. In that case, all I will say is... come on. Anyways, I'm happy for people who have better lives, and I wish when they see me they can try to hope that life doesn't get too bad for me instead of using me or people as a stepping tool to achieve their happiness. Same goes for people like me. Of course, in both situations we shouldn't go throwing stones AKA being judgemental... at someone's already crappy life to make it crappier or someone's beautiful life to make it crappy. But, that's a given.

Edited by aoabai, November 09 2016 - 10:42 PM.

• morrow likes this

#16 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 11:05 PM

It sounds like I'm climbing a mountain of people just to get on top. 

That's how life works, if you can't get to the top, someone else will be standing on your face.

OK, so it's different for people that go and live in a log cabin in the woods, but how many can be bothered with that.

Edited by OldDude2, November 09 2016 - 11:06 PM.

#17 aoabai

aoabai

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts

Posted November 09 2016 - 11:54 PM

That's how life works, if you can't get to the top, someone else will be standing on your face.
OK, so it's different for people that go and live in a log cabin in the woods, but how many can be bothered with that.

I think people think that's the way it is, but really it's not like that. You can obiviously make it like that. Have your happiness, accomplishments, success, and overall great life be at the expense of others, but it's not like that.

A lot of the fortunes that people have in their life is out of no effort of their own. It was just all luckily given to them. That's why people say count your blessings, be grateful, and all that stuff. And that is also why other people are bitter, as a person outside looking in. Due to having all these fortunes this person is willing to achieve more fortunes. Just like people who have misfortunes are not willing to try at getting fortunes. So, this is where actual time and effort comes in. That is why so many people think it's a simple if you try you will succeed type of deal. There is some truth to that. I just said that if the person is willing. But, as this person is willing to put the time and effort in to get more fortunes, life still goes on, so this person can still get more fortunes... or misfortunes, regardless of the time and effort they put in. And the reason that they're willing in the first place is because of prior fortunes. Basically, how can anyone expect someone that had prior misfortunes to be willing in the first place and be willing while knowing that life still goes on, with the very real possibility that they might get more misfortunes along the way, especially misfortunes that directly apply to what they're putting time and effort in? Anyways, going back to the person that had prior fortunes and now is willing to put the time and effort to get more, if they're so willing to use their time and effort to gain a good life at the expense of others, okay. I'm not going to lie that happen. But, that's not how it is, how it often happens. The great lives you see with others is due to being lucky enough to have fortunes, particularly more fortunes than misfortunes, because obviously everyone has misfortunes. Therefore, being willing enough to put the time and effort into getting more fortunes, while still having fortunes, and not so many misfortunes due to life... along the way.

In other words, it's a whole lot of luck, that is why you should count your blessings, and very hard work, with a lot of time and effort, that is why you should also be proud.

#18 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted November 10 2016 - 01:45 AM

I've never met anyone who had anything worthwhile, without them taking it from someone else.

You can't all have the nicest house, the best job, the prettiest wife. There aren't enough to go round. If you have it, someone else won't.

Ps
Never seen anyone with a life I envied. Seen people with more money, but I'm not driven by wanting money, I stopped when I had enough (at age 45).

Edited by OldDude2, November 10 2016 - 01:50 AM.

#19 GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,509 posts
  • LocationBathurst AUSTRALIA

Posted November 10 2016 - 01:54 AM

I've never met anyone who had anything worthwhile, without them taking it from someone else.

WHAT A BUCKET LOAD OF BULLSHIT..........How About People Like Myself Who Have Nice Things Because They

Have Worked Their ASS OFF All Their Working Lives.........Even When Things Were Bad.......Never Asked The Government

For Any Kind Of Handout.......Now At The Ripe Old Age Of 69 I Find Both Shoulders Are Worn Out.....(and no it wasn't from wanking)

But I Enjoy A Very Good Standard Of Living.......AND I DID IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY...........".TOTAL HONESTLY".......... :)

Cheers Glen.

• YooperGuy and morrow like this

#20 OldDude2

OldDude2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted November 10 2016 - 02:39 AM

discussion about competing with other people for stuff GlenGlen.

Not honesty or hard work or any of that other Christian  working class morality shit that nobody believes in anymore..

But if you wanna drag this towards a 'how hard I worked competition'

I'll admit defeat, I never did a day's hard work in my life, employers gave me money because they wanted my intelligence not my sweat.

And if the government wants to give me free money, I'm happy to take it and if I needed to lie, cheat and steal (and deal drugs), or kill to get ahead, I'd have done it..

Here you go GlenGlen

Edited by OldDude2, November 10 2016 - 02:55 AM.

Click to shop at FS Books