Burning Man Usa Question.

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by Bilby, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Is Burning Man in the USA clothing optional?

1 person likes this.
  2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Depends. If you're a redhead for instance its probably only optional after sunset :p

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've never been. more then 400 bux to get in to something you have to bring everything yourself and take it back again and can't even get there without owning a vehicule or bumming a ride with someone who does is a bit beyond me. i've seen lots of pictures. every year i look for pictures and videos people post afterwords. because there is a lot of creativity and imagination and that's what interests me.

and so, judging by the pictures, a lot of people do run around half naked, but we're talking about a desert climate, where i sort of think this isn't really all that good of an idea because dehydration can become a serious health issue. that and of course radiation burns from the sun.

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I've never been to burning man but I've definitely heard of it. As for clothing optional, I think there are some common sense boundaries. Girls have to keep their nipples in check (thus, pasties) and that sort of thing. However I have seen pictures to the contrary...

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I live in the land of sanctimonious burners.
    Clothes are optional. Costumes, it seems, are not.
    But lots of skin and bits on view is rather standard. (According to my neighbors)

6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I reckon they should have a burn a packet of cornflakes ceremony. Cornflakes were the original "health food" bit nothing healthy about them. It also heralded the start of the processed food industry.