• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 salvadordali

salvadordali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted May 03 2016 - 08:06 PM

A Kent Security supervisor was busted with large wooden paddles and a "Wall of Shame" at the workplace. This made the news all over South Florida. I'm curious what you guys think about this and the issue of workplace bullying. This looks like a good example of it.

How should workplace bullying be addressed?

• salvadordali likes this

#2 hotwater

hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,252 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted May 06 2016 - 01:07 AM

I personally don’t see anything wrong with the Wall of Shame.as a way to motivate the officers to use Spell Checker

Hotwater

Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#3 salvadordali

salvadordali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 01 2016 - 10:15 PM

I personally don’t see anything wrong with the Wall of Shame.as a way to motivate the officers to use Spell Checker

Hotwater

I respectfully disagree. You don't need to shame people to correct their mistakes, and even if you believe that to be proper conduct, surely you would agree that giant paddles or slats with threatening words on them would be inappropriate for a workplace? Anyway, we can agree to disagree. smash.gif

But to the credit of the Miami New Times, they did a good job covering the mistakes of Kent Security of Miami in dealing with this problem. It turned into an example of how not to deal with employee complaints.

#4 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 18,838 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted December 01 2016 - 10:27 PM

paddling+blackadder.jpg
  • penguinsfan13 likes this

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#5 penguinsfan13

penguinsfan13

• PipPipPip
  • 12,492 posts

Posted December 01 2016 - 10:29 PM

Not sure if I agree or disagree. In the world we live in its wrong. In the world we should live in you shouldn't work where you don't like how they operate.

One thing I am sure about though. Is you shouldn't like your own posts.
  • GLENGLEN and OldDude2 like this

doo be doo be doo, beware of the penguins.

#6 hotwater

hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,252 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted December 01 2016 - 11:42 PM

I respectfully disagree. You don't need to shame people to correct their mistakes, and even if you believe that to be proper conduct, surely you would agree that giant paddles or slats with threatening words on them would be inappropriate for a workplace? Anyway, we can agree to disagree. smash.gif

But to the credit of the Miami New Times, they did a good job covering the mistakes of Kent Security of Miami in dealing with this problem. It turned into an example of how not to deal with employee complaints.

OK, I appreciate the response despite the fact it was 7 months later

Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company