• PipPipPip
  • 23,852 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted April 30 2016 - 07:38 PM

You can always fight fire with fire and see how he responds 

gro_lysol_spry_lin_z.jpg?lastModify=2012

Hotwater

• Ashalicious likes this
Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#12 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,480 posts

Posted April 30 2016 - 07:40 PM

Just start hanging one of those car air fresheners from his doorknob every day.  He will be too lazy to throw them away and will just discard them in his apartment, which will either freshen up the place or make the smell that much more unbearable.

• Ashalicious likes this

#13 lode

lode

One Man Orgy

• PipPipPip
  • 19,624 posts
  • LocationDFW, Texas

Posted April 30 2016 - 08:28 PM

The only culture I can think of where proper hygiene isn't pressed upon the young are hippies and Trekkies. If your neighbor isn't one of those groups I suggest you travel more.

You know the solution to the problem. Offer the stinky gentleman a life makeover. Option two is move, and option three is be miserable. If you want, bring along a camera and say you're shooting a reality show. 

• Piaf and Ashalicious like this

I can't fit the phrase 'Snoopys Penis Rules' into every post.

#14 Ashalicious

Ashalicious

confident and wild

• PipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted May 01 2016 - 12:28 AM

i dont care..the ocean is disgusting id take my fresh water lakes and forests any day over chinatown bc with fukushima water beaches

Relax.

Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

#15 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 12,164 posts

Posted May 01 2016 - 06:23 AM

He might have some mental illness issues going on, or maybe he has some sort of drug/alcohol problem. I agree with lode, i dont think being a disgusting slob is inherent in any culture. A lot of cultures dont bother with deodorant but this sounds like it goes beyond normal b.o.

I dont really have any advice though. Sorry. I have annoying neighbors too and i havent even gotten around to writing them a note yet

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#16 Piaf

Piaf

• PipPipPip
  • 24,600 posts

Posted May 01 2016 - 06:30 AM

I think this may be partially a culture issue, because he comes from a culture where parents don't teach their children basic life skills, like how to do laundry and take care of yourself on a regular basis.

Yeah, I'm with lode and melilalailei.

I need to know what culture this is. 

#17 Bud D

Bud D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted May 01 2016 - 06:34 AM

Is he living with dead hookers?

I had a neighbor that died and nobody found him for about a week.  I called the police because of the smell.  They kicked in the door and found what was remaining.  It was a stinky situation!

#18 Heat

Heat

Smile, it's contagious! :)

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,952 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted May 01 2016 - 07:47 AM

I also wonder if it could be in part due to mental health issue, inducing hoarding as they tend to get pretty smelly places.   I think I would approach your landlord about this again and if they fail to act on it I would then put it in writing to them.

It is their responsibility to handle this not yours and it could cause conflict for you with your neighbour in the future if you do so.

gallery_10_10951_30242.gif

The dew of compassion is a tear.
Lord Byron

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
Dalai Lama

#19 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 34,510 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted May 01 2016 - 08:09 AM

I would just be straight up with in person and tell him whats on your mind in the kindness way of course.

This. I don't get why a written note seems a better solution in regards to the smelly dude. I can see why you prefer it as it is less confronting ;)
If i have nice chats with my neighbour i would respond better to a complaint made in person instead of finding a note on my door.

Posted Image

#20 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 39,068 posts

Posted May 01 2016 - 08:51 AM

the only person i've known with this sort of hygiene issue was jewish.  so i have to assume that's what this neighbor is too.

we had a mutual friend at the time who used to spray febreze on him whenever she saw him.  it was not as effective as hoped.  eventually he failed out of college and moved back in with his mom, so as far i know, the issue ended then.  maybe that will happen to your neighbor.

Click to shop at FS Books