94 replies to this topic

#1 WillieNelson55

WillieNelson55

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern Ohio

Posted November 19 2015 - 08:38 AM

What do you think of the idea of a new era of grunge music. Is grunge really dead or do you think grunge music could make a comeback?

#2 Reverand JC

Reverand JC

Willy Fuckin' Wonka

• PipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts

Posted November 19 2015 - 02:10 PM

"Grunge" never really existed. It was a term invented by critics and marketing men to sell a type of punk/hard rock in the mid 90s.

C/S,

Rev J 

• Theprodu likes this

"I believe that creative imagination rules the universe.
I believe in the beauty of first love and the eternal power of all love.
I believe in dreams and dreamers, being one myself.
I believe in the power of modern medicine and the wisdom of ancient medicine as well.
I believe in the power of laughter and the beauty of a good joke." Willie Nelson

#3 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,143 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted November 19 2015 - 02:44 PM

It sucked the first time around.

"Oh, how sweet it is to hear one's own convictions from another's lips"

~ Goethe

#4 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted November 19 2015 - 03:42 PM

I think there will one day be a band that doesn't suck, and they will play electric guitars.  Critics will wonder if it's grunge, but in the end they'll come up with something new to label it, since we will all be on the cutting edge as always.  

#5 quark

quark

Just another freak in the freak kingdom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted November 20 2015 - 11:21 AM

What do you think of the idea of a new era of grunge music. Is grunge really dead or do you think grunge music could make a comeback?

A grunge parody band (like Steel Panther/Heavy Metal) would be funny... Or maybe depressing.... Who knows, it didn't last long enough to really make much of an impact besides loose fitting plaid shirts.

#6 Reverand JC

Reverand JC

Willy Fuckin' Wonka

• PipPipPip
  • 5,231 posts

Posted November 21 2015 - 02:17 AM

And it got a junkie with mediocre songwriting skills stringing together gibberish like English was his second language elevated to godlike status.

C/S,
Rev J
  • Theprodu and Mallyboppa like this

"I believe that creative imagination rules the universe.
I believe in the beauty of first love and the eternal power of all love.
I believe in dreams and dreamers, being one myself.
I believe in the power of modern medicine and the wisdom of ancient medicine as well.
I believe in the power of laughter and the beauty of a good joke." Willie Nelson

#7 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted November 21 2015 - 02:20 AM

Wicked Slam Death Metal :punk:

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#8 notrick

notrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted November 29 2015 - 01:46 AM

Profesional opinion as a sound engineer wheather running a live sound board and gators full of good tech it's just imposable to make even 1/2 the people happy--but Nirvana and pearl Jam jam were like that for years----so who knows.  I've mixed a few songs and to say frustrating would be generous.  But's often the case.  Mixing for a master comes out better in my opinion.

It's been around in Europe, Scandinavia the Balkans for a looong time and I've only recently talked to some producers in NYC there who say it will never cross the country.  "The Bands think they'er gods."

We'll Pretty much all Rock thought that.  The difference is Rock from 60s 70s 80s 90s 2000+ that are successful are very good muscians, work well together, most know multipul instruments, and theory.  All know keys and modes and can change keys on a dime -- without thinking.  They love music and thats it. they'er not in  it just for the money weman cool toys hot guys---they'er in it for the music.

You'll still find Stephen Stills, or Jackson Brown Bonnie Raitt up until sunrise with $700 headphones or plugs jaming to back tracks, adding drum riffs, or bass solo's 7 to 20 hours sometimes.  Sometimes obsessing on a song, sometimes just nuddleing.

One of the best guitar teacher I ever met said "practice till your fingers bleed then wook on piano till they heal.

Edited by notrick, November 29 2015 - 01:56 AM.

#9 Chodpa

Chodpa

-=Chop_Chop=-

• PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted December 27 2015 - 05:48 PM

new age

grunge

you must mean seefeel

:sunny:

#10 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted December 28 2015 - 09:04 PM

new age

grunge

you must mean seefeel

Well....I watched that whole video and I certainly wouldn't call it grunge. Maybe New Age and even jammy in it's own way. I think it's ok for what it is, cool to hear and may even be fun to jam on. But two things I noticed.....first....there is almost zero reaction from the crowd except for the few super heady bros up front who probably can lecture everyone else on what it means to really "get it". Second...they cut the jams from one song to the next or the beginnings and endings of songs for this video. If this is the reaction from the crowd on what they thought was good enough to keep....either the rest of the music was really a drag or the drugs in the crowd were incredible...which is a realistic possibility. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Grunge Rock, Grunge, Music

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop