If Your Using Html

Discussion in 'Free School' started by fiddlepete, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiddlepete

fiddlepete Newbie

dont write it in notepad use an online html compiler

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

or at least notepad++

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is there any reasons not to write in notepad, other than it won't check for errors?

For html, You can check for errors by direct input to validate the code here...

https://validator.w3.org/

1 person likes this.
  4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

no syntax highlighting is one thing that comes to mind that notepad doesn't have.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't remember exactly why i preferred notepad++ (it's been years). i think the main thing was just that it divided lines of code into actual lines, so it was easier to read.

6. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

8. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

never heard of notepad2 until now but notepad++ has syntax highlight and code folding.

i was referring to the plain old regular notepad that comes with windows ... no highlighting, though if you set a monospace font it will get the job done too.

i usually use VIM, but if i feel like a real IDE i like Eclipse or Codelite ... Code::Blocks is also decent on Windows (or Atmel Studio if i'm doing embedded AVR stuff) Eclipse also runs on windows, and iirc so does codelite, if i was really gonna get into Windows dev i'd probably choose Visual Studio.

thats the other reason plain notepad kind sucks, its pretty useful to know what line your on, especially when debugging or when you have a long file its a lot easier to tell where you are.

I have this text editor called "TextTastic Code Editor" for iOS. Its pretty damn tedious to write code on a tablet (and God forbid a phone) but the concept is actually pretty good, instead of the regular touch keyboard, you get a special "programmer" keyboard with a different layout, with several characters and puntuation per key. Depending on the gesture you use on the key you can type all the symbols. Of course its use to me is limited because you cant really compile programs on an iPad directly (if anyone knows how .. let me know ;)) Im such a nerd.

This is what it looks like on my iPad:
    [​IMG]

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Ya Notepad2 is nice....... The only thing is if your looking @ a large file and goto search for something and accidently enter the wrong thing,you cannot abort the search! (@ least in the version I have 1.0.11)) (uugghh) but I dont think you can do that in any notepad program......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.