I Don't Understand Anymore

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by crispy91, Jun 4, 2015.

1. crispy91

crispy91 Member

Sometimes I feel like I just don't get people anymore. Everything they do is so violently and intentionally absurd, it's just stopped making sense. Sometimes, I feel like an outsider. Like this whole world is one big inside joke, and I don't get it. Is that weird?

2. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Because most people come from broken families.

Whatcha gonna do? :sifone:

3. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

Not really, no. People are weird.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

ita not weird at all

5. I had an epiphany one morning where I realized that life is one big joke, but we're all in it. The epiphany had to do with the possibility that life is not nearly as dramatic as people wish it was. As we become aware of death, life turns to tragedy. This tragedy is false, but all misunderstandings stem from it...from people blowing their lives out of proportion.

The funniest part about this joke is that love and the desire for love is so overpowering it's impossible to remain privvy to the joke. We will all inadvertently become drama queens from one moment to the next.

1 person likes this.
  6. abarambling

abarambling Banned

No worries, a lot of people think and feel like you do.

Personally, I think there is a lot more goodness and beauty to people and life than badness and ugliness. And when I tell people this they tend to think I'm naive, overly positive, and overly optimistic. But, this is how I feel and think.

All in all, I think people think and feel like you do because they want to focus on the negative, in order to feel and think more deeply. Science shows we interpret the negative more strongly than the positive. So, it makes sense as to why so many people think and feel the way you do, because it's simply registering more strongly. However, for me and I know many others.. when it comes to encountering the negativity... I shut down, I go numb. I guess I don't process it as strong. I experience the positivity, goodness, and beauty more deeply. Basically, I don't think this has anything to do with people and life. I think it's just the brain, doing what the brain does.

By the way, I do know there is tragedy in this world. And I do volunteer and help out when I can. It hurts that this life is so beautiful and filled with beautiful people, but some people don't get the chance to experience it, like they deserve.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sometimes you feel like an outsider...

I am an outsider.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

i pinked the wrong day to do mushroom..

man this shit is deep...

1 person likes this.
  9. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I never got them in the first place, so maybe you're one step ahead.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

As Terrence Mckenna said "the cost of sanity in society is isolation"

Don't worry if you see things as they really are.

11. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

People tend to be really 'cliquey' these days. I don't understand it either. I've got like 3 close friends. Everyone else feel like acquaintances at best. Between technology and everyone trying to 1up the next person ever since high school, people are just... lame? I feel like I would meet like minded people at shows and festivals, but oddly enough, that doesn't seem the case either. Plus everyone trying to make a name for themselves and squeeze an extra dollar into their pocket whenever they can.

Guess it's just life man. That doesn't mean we have to settle for it tho ;)

2 people like this.
  12. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

This is a phenomenon of the information age. We know so much more as individuals than people did a century ago. And before that consider how the mass production of books changed the face of humanity though much slower than the internet. The interesting side of this though is that the information age could have begun around 1820 when Babbage designed the first mechanical computer. Ultimately he couldn't get funding because few understood his vision. It would have been the size of a football stadium and powered by a locomotive engine.

Imagine if the information age had begun a century earlier. So many of the elements were coming together. Instead the greedy small thinkers had the power and voted instead to push the world into 150 years of mechanized warfare. In the information age people around the world can clearly see that the governments of the world do not bring much unity to humanity. Only control.

With this looming over all of our heads trust becomes a commodity on the order of gold. Such trust can't be spread too far out, so our associations dwindle to absolute maintenance levels. We're still primitive thinkers after all. We like small tribes.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This reminds me of a quote

If you look for the ridiculous in everything you will find it-Jules renard

Might sound weird but this quote was the closest thing I had to a religion for a long time..it kept me from being a drama queen during many moments.

The best tool to help one through this weird existence is a sense of humor

2 people like this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i gave up expecting to understand anything human a long time ago.
    i just try to make the most of enjoying a universe more diverse then anything human seems to want to believe it can be.

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

what I don't understand is all the in depth responses to such a completely vague and obtuse post.
    what the fuck are you specifically talking about???

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

that is why the forum is called pure bull. that is what pure bull is the game of doing.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The guy that invented the first latrine also said that

"Man, this shit is deep"

I believe he was.french

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I always thought the first man was called John Crap. Hence John and Crapper are words for toilet, also taking a crap means a shit.

John Crap don't sound too French to me. :d

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

John Crepe

1 person likes this.
  20. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter