41 replies to this topic

#11 RooRshack

RooRshack

On Sabbatical

• PipPipPip
  • 11,112 posts

Posted April 07 2015 - 10:00 PM

There will be more nukes set off.

As to how many, we can only hope, I guess.

RIP cosmoknot.

image.php?u=191931&type=sigpic&dateline=

Missing at ocala: A true feminist, rumored to be traveling with bigfoot and a man of impeccable scottish credentials.

#12 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted April 07 2015 - 11:26 PM

I mean if there was an unavoidable massive asteroid on collision course with Earth,and our attempts to destroy or deflect it failed,do you think the gooberments would contrive some quick nuke war as a better option to the chaos of going through that?

Edited by Iron John, April 07 2015 - 11:27 PM.

Posted Image

#13 RooRshack

RooRshack

On Sabbatical

• PipPipPip
  • 11,112 posts

Posted April 08 2015 - 12:51 AM

I mean if there was an unavoidable massive asteroid on collision course with Earth,and our attempts to destroy or deflect it failed,do you think the gooberments would contrive some quick nuke war as a better option to the chaos of going through that?

Nahh.

But I do think the best option would be a giant international nuclear "strike" as far out in space as we could, to give time for any successive bombings necessary.

That's really about the only reasonable (and not barbaric or very short-sighted) use of nuclear energy I can imagine. I think the waste and crap we're digging up and the ways we pathologically fuck up with it and don't take it seriously is the real danger - there have been many times it was a real concern, but I don't think we'll die of nuclear holocaust. I think some people will die in some attacks by some countries/people, at some point, but I don't think anyone will push the mutually assured destruction button, because assuring mutual destruction means assuring your own destruction.... and no matter how bad it is, destruction is worse in that it simply doesn't exist. Just about nobody will make that choice. It's pretty hard to be convinced that it's better to choose to kill millions or billions. (well, unless jesus is reeeeaaaalllllyyyy on your side - which is apparently, eerily, the case with USAF nuclear guys)

Millions, or billions, already suffer from the effects of digging up the most destructive stuff on our planet, and spreading it around for everybody to ingest. Cumulatively, I think there will be much greater suffering due to nuclear waste and spills and disasters, than weaponized uses of nuclear material.

Nuclear waste is the gift that keeps on giving. If you dig the shit out of pandora's box, there's just no good way to handle it - maybe it should have stayed in the fucking box.

Edited by RooRshack, April 08 2015 - 12:51 AM.

RIP cosmoknot.

image.php?u=191931&type=sigpic&dateline=

Missing at ocala: A true feminist, rumored to be traveling with bigfoot and a man of impeccable scottish credentials.

#14 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted April 08 2015 - 01:09 AM

There is a very large asteroid that orbits close to the Earth every three years.And new ones are discovered all the time.I think we need to devise multiple back up plans and try everything we can think of if we discover one that is def gonna hit us.

I just think the current crises in the world,including financial austerities,endemic social breakdown and global insecurity regarding conventional warfare in middle east,focuses people's attention on immediate survival problems rather than potential extinction events and environmental problems.

Posted Image

#15 Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood

Senior Moment

• PipPipPip
  • 18,754 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted April 08 2015 - 03:26 AM

I do believe God will step in before any huge nuclear disaster. Armeggedon will come before a nuclear incident.

The bible says the earth will stand until times indefinite, which means forever.
A global nuclear bombing will definitely ruin the earth. God is not going to let that happen. His plan is in motion as we speak.

And what's that got to do with touching God's eye?

Besides that, how do you know Armageddon isn't a nuclear war....

Seriously, dude, 2000+ year old writings, written by MEN  can't be taken so literally.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~

#16 MeAgain

MeAgain

Dazed and Confused

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,395 posts
  • LocationDobbstown, Malaysia

Posted April 08 2015 - 03:33 AM

Don't forget the Soviet sub B 59 and Vasili Arkhipov, the first man to save the world.

"Acclinis Falsis Animus Meliora Recusat"

(A mind that is charmed by false appearances refuses better things.)

~ Horace

#17 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 34,499 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted April 08 2015 - 04:21 AM

Posted Image

#18 thedope

thedope

glad attention

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted April 08 2015 - 05:50 AM

The bible says the earth will stand until times indefinite, which means forever.

That is not what indefinite means,

lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time

Your life is of indefinite proportions.

Edited by thedope, April 08 2015 - 05:51 AM.

• Asmo likes this

#19 Rahl

Rahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 08 2015 - 06:13 AM

Nuclear war is inevitable. Skynet will simultaneously release every nuclear missle at the same time at 4:27 pm EST on June 12th 2019. :)

#20 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 34,499 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted April 08 2015 - 06:14 AM

I do believe God will step in before any huge nuclear disaster. Armeggedon will come before a nuclear incident.

A global nuclear bombing will definitely ruin the earth. God is not going to let that happen. His plan is in motion as we speak.

Classic LornaDoom. 

God will prevent a nuclear disaster so the prophecy of armaggedon can be fulfilled :D

• Tyrsonswood likes this

Posted Image

Click to shop at FS Books