41 replies to this topic

#1 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted April 07 2015 - 02:20 PM

Do you think there will be a thermonuclear war at some point in the future or will humanity evolve to perpetually keep this at bay,because it's the only chance we have.

Posted Image

#2 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted April 07 2015 - 02:23 PM

Furthermore,do you think the threat of war relativizes more immediately pressing problems?

Posted Image

#3 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted April 07 2015 - 02:37 PM

I don't think there will be an all-out nuclear war. The only reason the "powers that be" would allow that to happen would be if humanity grew to an unsustainable population. That would be one solution but the problem is that the collateral damage would not be worth what would be gained. So you take out a billion or two people but....an entire area of the planet is now useless for everyone left. There are better ways.

#4 HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted April 07 2015 - 04:04 PM

It seems inevitable that someone somewhere will get around to using a nuke/some nukes in war, but I don't worry so much about a globe killing (strategic rather than tactical) nuclear war. I worry more the dumber and more ideological are the leaders of the nuclear equipped nations -- Reagan damn near got us all killed in '83 while I was wearing a US Air Force uniform and spending my time working at a missile warning radar. (You can find out how he managed to put us at as great or greater peril than during the Cuban Missile Crisis if you search the web for "Able Archer". And earlier that same year things got twitchy on the Soviet side -- search for "Stanislov Petrov" to learn about that.)

That all said, the stupid fucks who run Israel scare me because at the moment they're the dumbest and most ideological nuclear power, and in my estimation the most likely to use tactical nuclear weapons at this time. Were it to happen that someone as stupid and ideological as, say, Ted Cruz, were to be elected president of the US, then the US would scare me more than Israel does just because of our greater capacity to ruin the world prematurely. (Prematurely meaning "before the sun, an asteroid, a massive volcanic event, or some other force of nature does it".)

... for dark is the suede that mows like a harvest.

#5 Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood

Senior Moment

• PipPipPip
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted April 07 2015 - 04:20 PM

Some dipshit will push a button somewhere... Then some dipshit on the other side will have to retaliate. Or a scarier situation, some hacker will do it for them.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~

#6 Thefutureawaits

Thefutureawaits

Psalms 37:29

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted April 07 2015 - 05:55 PM

Global disaster will not happen. Dont touch God's eye.

#7 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted April 07 2015 - 06:00 PM

No offense but I'm pretty sure God can not intervene. If God was going to intervene, I can think of plenty of times when it was warranted and didn't seem to happen. If it could have happened and didn't....I'll just let that lack of action speak for itself. If everything that has happened was just part of the plan (thus...no intervention)....well....I'll let that speak for itself too.

• Tyrsonswood likes this

#8 Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood

Senior Moment

• PipPipPip
  • 18,757 posts
  • LocationThe Woods

Posted April 07 2015 - 06:14 PM

...... Dont touch God's eye.

Ummm..... What?

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny was cast..."~jfw~

~ I chop wood, I carry water, I tend the Earth, This is my prayer. ~

#9 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 17,939 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted April 07 2015 - 06:55 PM

Well, I mean, the way we've been going about things, do the people in charge even care about the environment if we were to drops the bombs?

We're already ruining it... and no one cares now. Add the title "president of the world" at stake, shit son... motherfucker'd live underground for that title...

Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#10 Thefutureawaits

Thefutureawaits

Psalms 37:29

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted April 07 2015 - 09:39 PM

Ummm..... What?

I do believe God will step in before any huge nuclear disaster. Armeggedon will come before a nuclear incident.

The bible says the earth will stand until times indefinite, which means forever.
A global nuclear bombing will definitely ruin the earth. God is not going to let that happen. His plan is in motion as we speak.

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop