• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Do you even lift, bruh?

• PipPipPip
  • 33,383 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 01:50 AM

The Olson Twins look weird as fuck today.  I don't see how anyone can find them attractive.  They look ghoulish. 

fuller-house-flat-out-addresses-the-myst

They did look cute when they were in their late teens, but something has happened to them.

Edited by Pressed Rat, April 26 2016 - 01:50 AM.

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

#12 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,058 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted April 26 2016 - 03:29 AM

Lol/sigh

So you don't keep check on the news (as you believe its pupose is to mislead and distract, not inform) but you know your stuff on the celebs... especially their looks. It's like seeing a sportsfan giving their opinion on the latest game ;)

Olsen twins looking 'weird as fuck' and goulish... rather hysterical comment looking at that pic. Ah well, its your time, life and opinion. Why even bother...
  • scratcho likes this

#13 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Do you even lift, bruh?

• PipPipPip
  • 33,383 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 03:44 AM

I do not pay attention to celebrities, however to some extent I do pay attention to what goes on in Hollyweird because it's from where people's culture comes from here in the west.

#14 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,058 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 03:55 AM

You mean popculture. There's other cultural stuff too of course and even the mainstream people in the west indulge in it.
So... why is hollyweird more important to pay attention to than the news? Isn't it more an interest thing and you simply prefer to pay more interest to how the Olsen twins look? ;)

#15 Pressed Rat

Pressed Rat

Do you even lift, bruh?

• PipPipPip
  • 33,383 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 03:58 AM

You mean popculture. There's other cultural stuff too of course and even the mainstream people in the west indulge in it.
So... why is hollyweird more important to pay attention to than the news? Isn't it more an interest thing and you simply prefer to pay more interest to how the Olsen twins look? ;)

I pay attention to everything.  The news media and Hollywood alike mold people's realities.  They are both very much alike.

Edited by Pressed Rat, April 26 2016 - 04:00 AM.

#16 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,058 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 04:52 AM

I only pay attention to everything when i am interested or can garner up the interest, or of course when i happen to find it entertaining... and strongly suspect it counts exactly the same for you.

#17 stormountainman

stormountainman

Soy Un Truckero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts
  • LocationThe High Country

Posted April 26 2016 - 02:46 PM

I think you are generalizing, which makes the sentence not factual anymore. Even when there is some biased person at the top the main purpose of the majority of the news being reported can still be to genuinly inform.

I like what you say; but remember, commands usually come from the top and get passed down. There are two types of command systems, the branch method and the root method.

#18 neonspectraltoast

neonspectraltoast

• PipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted April 26 2016 - 02:53 PM

Fast forward to 6:58 for the best bit.

#19 Emelina

Emelina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted May 17 2016 - 11:55 PM

The corporate media is what Plato warned us against in his Allegory of the Cave:

http://michaelcross....modern-society/

Most people get their picture of the world from media just as the persons chained in the cave watched the shadows on the wall. 

#20 TheGhost

TheGhost

Auuhhhhmm ...

• PipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • LocationCan't get there from here

Posted May 18 2016 - 12:28 AM

I do not pay attention to celebrities, however to some extent I do pay attention to what goes on in Hollyweird because it's from where people's culture comes from here in the west.

Sick-Laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a

• scratcho likes this
We're all foreigners .... almost everywhere.

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds