Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop
Photo
- - - - -

What Is The Most Recent Song You Learned To Play? What's Next?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted September 23 2014 - 08:42 PM

tears in heaven... not because it's particularly hard or to push my ability 

but because i'd never learnt it... and its a crowd pleaser lol

I have a little bit of a tough time with that song. I don't play it anymore. It's not that I can't play it but when my dad was terminally ill he asked me to consider playing it at his funeral. I thought about doing it but I'm glad I didn't. 

#22 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted September 26 2014 - 07:17 PM

Learned Rain by the Beatles this evening with the band. We worked through 3 different arrangements and got it nailed down. We play a festival tomorrow so we will play it there. Next Saturday we play our own fall festival so that will be our 2nd stab at it live before we put it into our Halloween Grateful Dead set. We can include songs that GD covered in that set sooo.....basically.....you could play a 4 hr show and never play an original GD song by that measure. But Rain is a pretty fun song. I look forward to it tomorrow.

#23 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted September 27 2014 - 07:58 PM

If anyone wants to know....we played Rain tonight like we've been playing it for a long time. The keys player and I both put in our own time on it today by ourselves just to get a little more prepared for our set. We didn't even tell some of our most diehard fans that we would be playing it so it was a surprise and a lot of fun. I'm sure we'll keep that in the rotation for a while. We just have to nail down some finer solo stuff that isn't in the original version. But we're pretty much there on it.

Edited by Wizardofodd, September 27 2014 - 08:01 PM.

#24 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted September 27 2014 - 11:11 PM

I'm currently forgetting to play "Heaven" by Talking Heads.

Posted Image

#25 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted October 11 2014 - 05:51 PM

Me And My Uncle-Grateful Dead. Already learned it years ago but just kind of refreshing my memory.

#26 YooperGuy

YooperGuy

Hick

• PipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted October 18 2014 - 12:57 PM

Been struggling through Greg Allmans Lil Martha for a while.

#27 Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd

• PipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted October 24 2014 - 08:23 PM

Played Me And My Uncle with the band tonight for the first time. We're going to play it in our Halloween set. Went through it a few times to nail it down. Should be fun. I'm pretty excited about this show. It's kind of big and we are going to be the Grateful Dead for the evening (along with other bands and their musical "costumes"). I was kind of worried about this show for a bit but shit...we've played most of these songs for years. We had a really good practice tonight so Me And My Uncle should be a breeze. 

#28 ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted October 28 2014 - 08:02 AM

Friend of mine ran me through the "Mountain Dew" just the other week, always wanted to play and sing that one.. I think next will have to be ''Drunkard's Hell'' by the Stanley Brothers. And maybe Silver Apples ''Ruby'' in keeping with the banjo theme.

http://youtu.be/z38hk2k8idQ

• Hareram mishra, notrick and briezie13 like this
Posted Image

#29 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted October 28 2014 - 08:19 AM

I'm pretty much leaving all the old songs I used to play behind and learn something new.I fancy "Why Worry Now" by Dire Straits.Can hardly raise a singing voice right now though I'm feeling pretty estranged.
  • orison and Hareram mishra like this

Posted Image

#30 Iron John

Iron John

abstract distractionist.

• PipPipPip
  • 5,998 posts
  • LocationBox of paints.

Posted October 28 2014 - 08:30 AM

Oops.It's just called "Why Worry"...See,I made a good start.
  • Hareram mishra likes this

Posted Image

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop