How far is TOO far for you?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by lynzxx, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

People with no tattoos at all seem to becoming the ones that really stand out :biggrin:

2. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I have none but I don't have anything against others having them.

3. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I have 8 tattoos ranging from the size of a silver dollar to the size of my hand. I got the first one when I was 15 in some guys basement and that's EXACTLY what it looks like. 19 years later it doesn't look any better and doesn't really look any worse. Everything was clean and brand new and my brother knew the guy so it wasn't some creepy stranger although he was a terrible artist. As hideous as it is I don't regret it. It marked a very life changing year and that ugly tattoo was a part of it I guess. I was smart enough to get it in a place that nobody sees it. After that I waited until I could go to a reputable shop and get it done legally. That's the shop I still go to.

I wouldn't get my face, neck or hands done. Just personal preference for me. Doesn't bother me if other people do. Well....ok...I don't really ever think a face tattoo is a good idea. But do what floats your boat. It's not my face.

I have a bunch of holes in my ears that I never wear earrings in. I have my tragus pierced. I used to have my lip pierced 10 years ago. Piercings really aren't my thing anymore. I have considered getting my nipples pierced but that would be something special for me. Not to show off to the world.

I had my ears gauged for a while. I talked to a piercer to find out how big I could go and have them still close back up normal when I took them out. I think I made it all the way to a 6 gauge. Basically big enough to put a pencil through although I never did. I took them out and they closed back up and look normal. You wouldn't know that I ever had them gauged.

4. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

i like reading all your answers, i find it interesting :)

5. Indy Hippy

Indy Hippy Zen & Bearded

I have one tattoo and I did have my ears pierced at one point, but I don't think I'd do either one again. I prefer being as close to natural as I can get. My wife on the other hand, she loves piercing and tattooing herself. She actually did my ear piercings back when I did have them.

6. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Kat Von D would be too far for me but I like looking at her. She's an amazing piece of work. I love the stars along the side of her face.

I wouldn't want to get a portrait of a person. And I wouldn't want sleeves or a full suit. The most I'd get, if money were no object, is a cohesive scene for a full back piece.

I saw a man who had a tattoo of a hand across his mouth. I admired him for his courage and bravery .. he turned himself into a message to the world. I felt a little .. bad .. for staring at him the way I did. I was stunned, couldn't help it.

7. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My last girl friend made me swear I would never get a tattoo.

8. Asmodean

Time to rebel, sunfighter! :D

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yeah, she's not around anymore. Rebel or not rebel? But don't you think the true rebel chooses no tattoos?

10. Shale

Shale ~

I just got my eleventh tat last week and got my first in 2001. All my tats are personal and all but 3 (peace symbol, Om & Mobius strip infinity) have been designed by me.

I may get more but they are getting expensive on South Beach so I may be shopping around to a less touristy place.

I have one piercing, my left earlobe, which I did myself with a sewing needle in 1973. I don't plan to get any more piercings.

At my age my skin is getting wrinkled and my nips just wouldn't be improved with a post thru them like some young guy with more turgid nips. And, forget about genital piercing, especially a PA - don't need to spray piss to the point that I have to sit or make a mess.

11. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I don't have any tats. I was tempted when I was 17 and had just got in the military. A bunch of my girlfriends wanted one so we all hopped a bus and went to Toronto for the weekend seeking some ink. Once the first girl got on the table and started to scream at her ankle piercing I hiked it out the door and went to my grandmothers by subway for the weekend. They thought I got lost and prit near pounded me when I returned to base, I had em all worried.
    Ear piercings, one in each because when I was 7 all my friends had em so mom said "You want piercings and a pair of earrings for your birthday?" ya, that's what we wanted but once the lady did one I wanted it to stop. Then the other was done. I had trouble with them for a few years infecting all the time and now I don't wear any, ever so they have grown over.
    One of my life's lessons we don't have to do what the neighbors kid does.
    I have a few surgical scars from surgery, that's it and a few scars from accidental kid injuries.

I don't have anything against peeps who do but will say when someone with sleeves or facial tats is walking toward you they are ugly, get close and they can be a beautiful art.
    My BF doesn't have any, he doesn't care for them either.

12. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Great post!

I tried to rep it but obviously I have repped you before and must spread them around,,, why does the system decide how we rep? I can't rep some else for the same reason.

13. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Navel removal? How the fuck do they do that?

I just have one tattoo on the inner part of my forearm. Got a couple piercings in each ear, and my left nostril. I'd like to get my septum done, and maybe my nipples. I definitely want more ink as well. I wouldn't get any permanent makeup, though. I like having the choice to go au natural or to switch to different shades of lipstick or whatever. I wouldn't get any genital piercings either.

14. Asmodean

I think that is really true for me and most likely you too (but I understand it depends on the person and situation, and maybe even the times)!

15. Smokenmirrors

Smokenmirrors Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Too far for me is a woman who underwent an addadictomy

16. Beca012

Beca012 Member

Subdermal implants.

.... :(

17. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

naval removal kinda freaks me out, just the thoughts of someone digging into my stomach to get my belly button out eeep makes me feel weird. couldn't imagine the pain!

18. hannahodges0426

hannahodges0426 Guest

I woudnt get my septum or private areas pierced. I have two holes in my ears and the helix on my right ear my tongue an naval pierced I want more piercings an I definitely want tattoos soon jus not on the eye lids. i dont really like gauges when they are to big if they get bigger than a penny i think its time to stop.

19. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I am willing to tattoo my whole torso, entire biceps, back, back of neck, sides, butt, and upper outer and inner thighs. All places I can cover up.

As for piercings, I have a list of piercings I want and that's how far I'll go.
    - Vertical triple outer conch (Right).
    - Horizontal triple outer conch (Left).
    - Tragus (Left).
    - Snug (Left).
    - Daith (Left)
    - Triple inner conch (Left).
    - Stretch my already pierced cartilage (Left)
    - Keep stretching my septum until I feel like stopping.

I would like to have some dermal anchors in different parts of my body, but I know I can't get that. I also would like some dahlia piercings (Maybe other lip piercings like dolphin bites and that one piercing that goes on each side of you cupid's bow) and a nostril piercing on each side (Maybe three on each nostril, those look nice too) but not sure how to get that pass work.

What I have: Three lobe piercings on each ear, surface tragus (right), anti-tragus (right), single inner conch (right), triple forward/anti-helix (right), two cartilage piercings (Also called an industrial) (right), rook (left), cartilage (left), septum, tongue, both nipples, navel, one outer surface labia on each side, triangle, and vertical clitoral hood. So, if I finish up my ears and keep stretching my septum... I'll be set, with the exception of the other piercings I want above, but realistically... I know I won't get.

20. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

I'd draw the line at trephination and real large earlobe stretchings, and maybe inner lip tattoos too. The rest is good to me.