#41 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,670 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Out There

Posted August 03 2012 - 03:04 PM

Also, I hope that not too many folks will miss the broader context of all this. We are fighting a culture war, and if you want to win a war, you have to take every battle seriously. All the minority groups have to support each other, or else we will get picked off one by one. We can't afford to say, "This isn't my issue" just because we aren't likely to be affected personally, this time around. Next time, you may be the victim.

Hear! Hear! :groupwave:

#42 saltlight

saltlight

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 03 2012 - 03:41 PM

He has been thumbing his nose at the public for years. His stores are closed on Sundays because he says it's the Christian thing to do. He wants the public to feel like if they do anything besides go to church on Sunday then they are scum. He is a pious asshole.

He wants his employees to have Sundays to go to Church (if they so choose) or spend time with their family. Yes he is a family man (I know family is the bad F word now).

I will say one thing that you might want to consider. If he is wrong (about faith and religion) he wasted some time and money (donating etc.) but if your wrong then you will pay for eternity.

He never said he was Anti Gay, just opposed Gary marriage. Marriage by design (God or Nature depending on your belief) is for the union of two people to have children (create them). Everyone wants the Cake Icecream and fudge brownies nowadays no matter what is right or wrong.

Maybe you dont agree, just my opinion on the matter.

#43 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 39,486 posts

Posted August 03 2012 - 03:44 PM

He wants his employees to have Sundays to go to Church (if they so choose) or spend time with their family.

too bad their families are busy working on sunday like everyone else.

#44 DroopySnoopy

DroopySnoopy

The ORIGINAL Dr. Droop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,099 posts

Posted August 03 2012 - 04:22 PM

I agree with Karen J. This whole thing is ridiculous. And to whoever mentioned the way Americans swooped in to support the company while there are so many more pressing issues in the world today, amen to that. Yes, Cathy has a right to say what he wants, and so do all of us that disagree. But I gotta ask, how can he have a chance to spew his (bigoted) beliefs publicly, but when we want to voice our opinion, we are told to get over it?

What he is doing is bad business, and he is ironically claiming religion as the reason for all his comments, and yet, his very comments and actions are totally against what God would want according to the bible. He is judging those who are different from him, and that is not his place to do so. Sure, free speech allows him the platform, but it could also provide the noose that kills his business. He should think about that. Regardless, I would be unable to sleep at night if I were in his shoes.

https://www.hipforums.com/newforums/picture.php?albumid=817&pictureid=95611

#45 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,670 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Out There

Posted August 03 2012 - 04:34 PM

I agree with Karen J. This whole thing is ridiculous. And to whoever mentioned the way Americans swooped in to support the company while there are so many more pressing issues in the world today, amen to that. Yes, Cathy has a right to say what he wants, and so do all of us that disagree. But I gotta ask, how can he have a chance to spew his (bigoted) beliefs publicly, but when we want to voice our opinion, we are told to get over it?

What he is doing is bad business, and he is ironically claiming religion as the reason for all his comments, and yet, his very comments and actions are totally against what God would want according to the bible. He is judging those who are different from him, and that is not his place to do so. Sure, free speech allows him the platform, but it could also provide the noose that kills his business. He should think about that. Regardless, I would be unable to sleep at night if I were in his shoes.

Like I said, Truett Cathy saw a business opportunity to wrangle a section of society here in the Bible Belt, and he seized it.

Now, that's starting to look like gambling.

#46 GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz

Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,248 posts

Posted August 04 2012 - 12:00 AM

He wants his employees to have Sundays to go to Church (if they so choose) or spend time with their family. Yes he is a family man (I know family is the bad F word now).

I will say one thing that you might want to consider. If he is wrong (about faith and religion) he wasted some time and money (donating etc.) but if your wrong then you will pay for eternity.

He never said he was Anti Gay, just opposed Gary marriage. Marriage by design (God or Nature depending on your belief) is for the union of two people to have children (create them). Everyone wants the Cake Icecream and fudge brownies nowadays no matter what is right or wrong.

Maybe you dont agree, just my opinion on the matter.

Are you kidding Family is not a bad word now and everybody needs to realize that everybody comes from a different "family"!!!

Whether you come from a religious,Jewish,black,Italian,gay,adoptive, they are all families, and Marriage is a commitment by 2 people who love each other God has nothing to do with my love. And your argument about being able to have children, what about all the children who do not have homes in the foster system, orphanages waiting for somebody to love them?

Where is their family or God?

And I highly doubt I'll be pay for it in eternity, because if there is a god I really think he has a sick sense of humor to let people suffer like they do and turn a blind eye to all the suffering....... like his own disciples who lead churches and have followers trusting them devoting to them, only to hurt the son's or daughters of those followers.......

I could go on here but won't as you get my point of view.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#47 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted August 04 2012 - 01:01 AM

I hate to sound cynical. Im tired of bending over backwards for the homosexuals.

Cos you are too sore the next day? There are ointments for that

As for this thread, theres a joke about this guy being the head of a company that charges for tasty deep fried cocks in there somewhere

Marriage is a commitment by 2 people who love each other

Orrrrr, most of the time two people settle with the only other person thats going to put up with, then marry and start a family cos they dont know what else to do, and thats what most everyone else does.

#48 Karen J

Karen J

~

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts
  • Locationthe unmentionable state

Posted August 04 2012 - 04:50 AM

Family is not a bad word

When you respond to troll posts, it just encourages them. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, yesterday saw the first incident of vandalism at a Chick-Fil-A location; graffiti ("Tastes Like Hate") spray-painted on a building in California. And so it begins. :(

Controversy at this level will give landlords more incentive not to rent space to the chain. Chick-Fil-A has already been kicked out of quite a few shopping malls because of their policy of not operating on Sundays. They used to be located primarily inside malls, but most mall owners now spell out in their leases that all the stores have to be open every day that the mall is open.

Better, more positive examples of how to separate work and personal life:

The Marriott hotel chain is controlled by a conservative, devout Mormon family, and Steve Jobs (Apple Computer) was a devout Buddhist. Most people don't know this, because they have never done anything to offend customers who are not like them. They 'get' diversity.

It's important to find out as much as you can about a company's political policies before accepting a job, because you have so few rights as an employee. In 42 US states, your employer can require you to spend time and money supporting political causes that you disagree with! :eek:

http://www.businessw...orkplace#r=read

#49 Asmo

Asmo

Slo motion rider

• PipPipPip
  • 35,058 posts
  • LocationThe pulsing cavern

Posted August 04 2012 - 04:56 AM

It was on the news here too. Ridicilous issue. I would not ban this restaurant for the opinion of the owner. Yes, the support is hilarious too. How this drama is pumped up by both media, protesters and supporters can only happen in America :D

#50 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 13,373 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted August 04 2012 - 05:41 AM

On a side note, was just reading in the news today, looks like Tasmania is going to be the first Australian state to allow gay marriage, oh the irony

Click to shop at Royal Queen Seeds