Chick-Fil-A sucks!

Discussion in 'Activism' started by Karen_J, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Lol I dunno did u

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

What does that have to do with this thread topic? The First Amendment says nothing about protecting anyone from non-governmental criticism, unfavorable media coverage, protests, boycotts, etc. Anyone who brings up a controversial subject is fair game.

3. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Yeah I mean fair game. But he had every right to say it. Just as you have every right to disagree.

1 person likes this.
  4. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

I have read through this thread and its not that he doesn't support gay marriage that would make me stop going there... Whats in bold is probably if anything would make me stop going.. Its not like i really go there much anyway.. Thats just not right and now those kinds of things should not be mixed with business.. He doesn't know the situation or anything that may have happened that husband or wife could have been abusive or not faithful.. anything... If someone is going to do something like that they just shouldn't be in charge of a business.. that can be filed as discrimination still... am i right? and the organizations that money goes too i probably wouldn't agree with any of them and that can possibly stop me from going there also i would have to look at them.

And Karen J i must say you have made some really good points throughout this thread.. and i understand you have the right to disagree with this guy just like he has the right to disagree with gay marriage but at the same time i think protests and graffiti is a bit too much over a fast food restaurant...
    I work at the childrens place in the mall so i am in the mall often and we do have a chick fil a restaurant there and they keep security gaurds at that location all of the hours of the mall...... should a fast food restaurant really have to be gaurded? Like seriously? I guess only in America huh.... americans sure do take their fast food seriously. Like just the other day i was on the bus to work and this little 'ol man was like im boycotting chick fil a!! Just shouting about it on the bus.. is that REALLY necessary?

5. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

6. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

7. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

8. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Dear Science;

While you were fucking about discovering how to reach escape velocity,I was ALREADY the Roman God of War.
    I have a planet named after me,squire!
    I was previously known as Tiu,Tyr,and Martis,but 'a rose by any other name',eh?

Stitch that.

Hope you're well; Mars.

9. GardenGuy

GardenGuy Senior Member

Boycotting the entire sandwich is a bit extreme.
    I might boycott the pickles on alternate Wednesdays.

10. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Lol-o'clock.

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

13. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

The People have spoken. :cool: We spoke to them in the only language that corporate America understands: $

14. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

15. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

LOL aeri, I agree with you about eating a chicken sandwich shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    This guy just needs to stop and keep his religious beliefs with HIS FAMILY AND PERSONAL LIFE! Not at work....

There is a time and place for everything...... and work and religious beliefs are not two things that should be incorporated together..

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Without boring everyone to death with details, it appears that the company has communicated intentionally conflicting messages recently, trying to placate both sides, after some conservative groups started talking about boycotting the chain for backing down from their original position. :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't give a fuck what the CEO / founder believes or does in his own personal life, as long as he doesn't publicly contribute corporate money to causes that I believe are harmful, or mistreats employees or customers, in the name of spreading a particular religious point of view. He can spend all his free time studying Mayan theology or JFK conspiracy theories, for all I care. Have a blast, Dan! Knock yourself out. Whatthefuckever.

When I go in a typical business, I have no idea what political or religious causes the owners support, and there is usually no easy way to find out. I like it that way, because I have no moral responsibility to take that unknowable information into consideration when deciding where to spend my money. That's the way the system is supposed to work.

I have a feeling this company wishes it could turn back time and not get publicly involved in this issue, but it's too late to unscramble that egg. They put one hand on the proverbial tar baby, and now there is no way to turn loose of it. I see no end to this.

I hope this ridiculous turn of events will serve as a warning to other businesses. Stick to what you know! Don't make everything political!

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I may be overdoing it,but when I go into a business and I hear Limbaugh on the radio--I turn around,leave and find another place to spend my dough. It's happened.

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

No shit? What business was that? If you don't mind me asking that is.

19. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

I do not eat at Chick-fil-A, but if I did I would now make the association of my money going to fund anti-gay legislation via my purchase of their product.

He has a right to his personal opinion. As a business person, he should have known better and kept his trap shut. Gay marriage is one of those issues the powers that be love to use to get the masses all riled up. He is a useful idiot.

Fuck Bigots & Homophobes, & Fuck Fast Food Chicken too.

20. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Speaking of idiots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.