#11 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Out There

Posted August 02 2012 - 01:53 PM

If this idiot gets his way, we will soon end up with separate restaurants (and other businesses?) for social liberals and conservatives, and everything in life will be all about politics and religion, including making ordinary purchases.
:willy_nilly:

If "they" had their way, we'd have segregation again and include gays vs straights in it this time.

#12 'toes

'toes

what will be, will be

• PipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:08 PM

Can I ask what is Chick a fil??

I honestly don't remember them when I was living on that side of the world. And I dated a truckie and drove all over the states too.

Chick fil a is a fast food chicken place that apparently doesn't support gay rights.

http://www.forbes.co...-a-controversy/

“The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our Restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect –regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. . . our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.”

It’s not Cathy who seeks exclusionary policies in his company like politicians invade private matters or dictate acceptable actions. If homosexuals want sandwiches, Chick-fil-A promises to deliver as best they can. Some most certainly work there. Moreover, many major corporations flout radical agendas but no such businesses have been banished by conservatives.

I don't understand what the big deal is. I understand if they were like "I don't want gays working in my restaurant or buying my chicken" ... but for someone to not express the same views as me or you. If you don't like it why make a big deal out of it. Why don't you just not go there.
I support gay rights completely and i have only had like one chick fil a sandwich ever so its not like i go there or even eat fast food regularly.

A person expressing their views and opinions in a interview is their opinion. I don't understand what their religious views matter in any buisiness
  • riverman18 likes this

dbb14f65-44a0-43f2-83d8-5073bd076744_zps

#13 orison

orison

my dog is full of stars

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 66,333 posts
  • LocationKissMyAss Penisylvania

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:17 PM

I hate to sound cynical. Im tired of bending over backwards for the homosexuals. I really am.. ya, we get it. but Im getting sick of it. This sense entitlements just makes me wanna flame every fucking faggot out there...

dont eat the chicken and go back to sodomy and get over it..:(

if you need me, Ill be over here with a cock in my mouth.. or nuts. :love:
  • ElEyeJaw likes this

Uxq2a8kK_reasonably_small.jpg

Road signs flow into the headlights
Whisper names and fall behind
He finds some honor in the darkness
Hopes for grace and peace of mind

#14 Rosehippy

Rosehippy

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:20 PM

You are absolutely 100% correct, Karen. Furthurmore, I find it quite interesting that these "christians" continuously overlook the part in the bible about Not Judging...

Matt. 7:1, 2 : "Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
Interesting how those are Jesus's words ^ that they have so selectively "forgotten".

I have to agree. Judgement is akin to murder according to Jesus.....well said.

#15 LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold

Cuz it will if you let it

• PipPipPip
  • 7,989 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:22 PM

It's my understanding that the CEO never "took a stand against homosexuality." He simply expressed his PERSONAL opinion on gay marraige. It has nothing to do with the resteraunt. It's everyone else who is turning this thing into a conspiracy. It's stupid. Whether you like his beliefs or not he still has a right to express them. To try and ban the resteraunt because you don't like the way the owner sees the world is complete bullshit.

I was talking about this a couple days ago, and one of the people in the discussion was a homosexual black male.....this is what he said: "I ate Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. I may be gay but I'm still black and I love my fuckin Chicken!"

Anyone ever hear of the phrase "free speech?"
  • riverman18 and ElEyeJaw like this

#16 PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA

DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:25 PM

I'm sdorry but there nuggets are good

#17 'toes

'toes

what will be, will be

• PipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:26 PM

It's my understanding that the CEO never "took a stand against homosexuality." He simply expressed his PERSONAL opinion on gay marraige. It has nothing to do with the resteraunt. It's everyone else who is turning this thing into a conspiracy. It's stupid. Whether you like his beliefs or not he still has a right to express them. To try and ban the resteraunt because you don't like the way the owner sees the world is complete bullshit.

I was talking about this a couple days ago, and one of the people in the discussion was a homosexual black male.....this is what he said: "I ate Chick-Fil-A for lunch today. I may be gay but I'm still black and I love my fuckin Chicken!"

Anyone ever hear of the phrase "free speech?"

exactly.... like what i said :2thumbsup:

dbb14f65-44a0-43f2-83d8-5073bd076744_zps

#18 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:30 PM

The Jim Henson Co. pulled out of a deal with the fast-food chain to create toys for its children’s meals.

Posted Image

#19 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:39 PM

He evidently donated a bunch of money to some anti-gay situation. I saw him on the boob tube yesterday and was blabbing about god and that being gay was bad shit. Or so he says god thinks so. I don't see why people get so het up about these dummies--the world's chock full of 'em.

#20 Aerianne

Aerianne

Crazy Cat Lady

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,075 posts

Posted August 02 2012 - 02:45 PM

He has been thumbing his nose at the public for years. His stores are closed on Sundays because he says it's the Christian thing to do. He wants the public to feel like if they do anything besides go to church on Sunday then they are scum. He is a pious asshole.

Click to shop at Sensi Seed Company