Hey Tea Lovers

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by 73h_6r347_0n3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

Get some Rooibos, or redbush. Rich in anti-oxidants, and tasty shit.

Otherwise I fall back on mint green tea.

2. DrewSpeaksTrue

DrewSpeaksTrue Member

My personal favorite is a tasty Rooibos!

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I believe Rooibos has high levels of fluoride in it =(

4. DrewSpeaksTrue

DrewSpeaksTrue Member

wait, what???
    I don't know if that will stop me but that's definitely not good.

5. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

:(

Although, just read that most teas contain fluoride - just in different amounts.. can't find a chart with a list comparing them all though.. but mah.

Just one of those things.. like breathing increasing the risk of cancer.

6. TheSweetestSugar

TheSweetestSugar Guest

Cripes! I never knew Tea got fluoride in it!! :/

Im always drinking tea. My fave would have to be Chai..

Earl Grey for the morning's and any other time I would go for Rooibos.

7. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

i like ginger tea. no floride :)

8. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I did find a chart at one time .. white tea has the least fluoride and most anti oxidants then any other tea

9. Christinabelle

Christinabelle Member

I love tea! One of my favourite caffeinated teas is English Breakfast by Twinings, a black tea. They list it as Assam and Kenyan tea leaves grown in India. I find it has a bit of a malty taste, smoother than other English Breakfast that I've tried. Another one I like by Twinings is Lady Grey, also a black tea. I think they're the only ones that make Lady Grey. It's a milder version of Earl Grey. I find the bergamot in Earl Grey too strong, but it's a lot lighter in Lady Grey.

For herbal teas without caffeine my favourite (in packaged teas) is Feeling Soothed by President's Choice (PC), a Canadian brand, with ginger, fennel and mint, heavy on the ginger. Celestial Seasonings (in their Wellness Tea line) has Tummy Mint with peppermint, chamomile flowers and fennel seed, heavier on the mint.

10. marigon

marigon Guest

I have a question about the concern about fluoride. (I'm not sure this is where it should go, but this is where I see people talking about it.) People are comparing the fluoride in water and toothpaste which we know is a bad thing, to fluoride in tea. But isn't it synthetic fluoride that is added? Or a different fluoride - sodium fluoride is the one added and calcium fluoride is the natural one? Is natural fluoride such as in teas harmful as well? I thought the studies were on the synthetic or sodium fluoride that is added to products, not naturally occurring fluoride. Thanks in advance.

11. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

yes calcium floride is natural, im not familiar with the tea, but the sodium floride is absolutely horrible for u. and no natural floride is not harmfull.

12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just made a huge organic green tea cup with lemon and honey. Sometimes I add an herb or spice....cinnamon, turmeric, allspice ginger, etc. I have to transition from drinking iced coffee and drinking this now...I was getting a big iced coffee from the MacDonald's here every day....early in the day...and am thinking about breaking that habit, and just drinking this stuff I can make at home now. Better benefits from this tea than coffee....

13. Irresponsible

Irresponsible Member

Drink it often. Oolong, white peony. Loose, organic how I like it.

14. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

I drink lots of tea, I've never developed a taste for coffee. I like black tea, green tea, white tea and the so-called red teas... My favorite brand is Republic of Tea.

But mostly I drink my own blend of herbs in a tea. It includes lots of different herbs including chamomile, valerian, lavender, crampbark, skullcap as well as others that help with sleep and pain and also helps to detox.

15. SholeSteven

SholeSteven Member

I am so glad to see so many tea lovers! I am a huge tea lover myself prefer to have mine black but I am always trying out different teas to have a range of flavours. Sometimes I do wonder if I have too much tea however it's so nice and refreshing that sometimes I really enjoy drinking it.

Anyone else feel they drink too much?

16. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

How can you drink too much tea?

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

blueberry white tea tonight [​IMG]

18. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I love Green Tea with a tablespoon of fresh honey. I want to find out how to get some ginseng to put in it, though.

19. Cannabliss88

Cannabliss88 Members

I love green tea but not the American or British brands in tea bags. You have to go to an Asian or other specialty market to get real green tea and the best imho is Japanese green tea in loose leaf form but some high quality tea bags are good too. Sencha is my favorite green tea. Thats the most popular tea in Japan never can go wrong with sencha.

20. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Lapsang Souchong is my own favourite. I rarely drink any other kind of tea.