Don't Really Want To Work!?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by CharlieBrown89, Feb 9, 2011.

1. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Hey people I'm Charlotte and I'm 21. Live in mid wales with my parents and maby plan to live in yurt with my friends this spring. I'm very spiritual and don't really believe in working full time for companys just earn money and lose our free time for ourselves. I'm going through a time in my life at the mo were I don't know what do. I wish i didn't have to work and got abit of money come in so i got something if i need it but i don't want to work either. But then i feel i got no other choise couse i love going to my festivals in my summer aswell but surely there is some other way round.

2 people like this.
  2. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

Learning to like doing shit that doesn't cost money comes with the territory of not working

3. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

True! Just I know alot of my friends seem to not work that much and they have money lol.

4. InvisibleLantern

InvisibleLantern Member

CharlieBrown - Head to one of the many Freelance connect websites and do a bit of online work, right from home. It's what I do. Sometimes I make a full time wage, sometimes I slack off and only bring in a couple hundred bucks a week. Anything you can do, somebody will pay for. Whether it's art, data entry, writing, selling stock photography... Anything. I can refer you to a few good sites that protect the freelancers while also making sure employers don't get ripped off. Everybody is outsourcing work these days, and there aren't enough freelancers out there to do it all!

5. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Wow thank you so much! I have never heard of anything like this before ever. Looks like a really good idea, doing what I want to do when I want and not being tied down. And still I get to have my me time which is essential for me. Could u post me a couple of websites for jobs couse not sure really would reappy appreciate it. Thank you. :):)

6. InvisibleLantern

InvisibleLantern Member

Sure! I personally use oDesk.com - getting a contract takes a little while, but once you get the first one you'll find that employers will start flooding you with job offers. There are easy categories to look in like transcription, but then there are blog posts/ writing that has a ton of new opportunities every day. There are hundreds of job categories to look through though.

Fiverr.com is kind of like oDesk, except that each job has a maximum pay of $5. The jobs are all small and quick, like advertising a website to your twitter followers or writing a 300 word article. This one is way easier to get started on.

Other popular freelance websites are freelancer.com ifreelance.com and elance.com - eLance is the one I'd recommend out of these three, but I've never tried the first two so you should still give it a shot. :)

Sorry for the huge post! I was working a crappy telemarketing job before I switched to freelancing, and I swear, I'm never going to work for anybody but myself ever again. I love it.

7. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Thank you so much for this. I will let you know how it all goes. But have noticed most the websites are baed in America well I live in the UK, can i still do it? And on one of the websites it showed how many applying for that job so is it whoever gets there 1st? So is it quite hard to get a job?

8. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

As long as you don't just take benefits because you don't want to work - do what you like.

9. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

I'm on training benefits at the mo couse I'm doing training in Health a Social Care.

10. InvisibleLantern

InvisibleLantern Member

They're based in America, but they're actually meant to connect American employers with labor from other nations. I know that oDesk, at least, accepts workers and employers from absolutely everywhere. The majority of the oDesk labor force is actually from the Philippines - the majority of employers from Canada and America.

So yes, you can still do it. :)

Oh, and none of these websites go by "who applies first". The employer gets to look through all of the applications, and then they'll set up a few interviews. The person (or people) who do the best in the interview or have the best credentials will get hired. Just like real life.

Like I said, it's not very hard, it's just time consuming to get the first job. Once you get the first job, you will get a rating from your employer, and then other employers will be able to trust you. Once you have that trust and rating score, everybody will want your services!

Oh, and a lot of it has to do with how much money you're willing to accept. Most of my competition is from the Phillipines, and they can accept $1-$2 an article (for writing) while I typically charge more than ten times that. I don't get as many offers, but I have a great portfolio so plenty of people are still willing to pay that higher rate for my writing.

11. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Ok thank u.

12. pokey2011

pokey2011 Guest

I don't really want to work but i have to make money in one way . where i work i hate it but i'm looking for a new job

13. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

There is much work where I am so im soo stuck. I want to get a job so I can go traverling but no work.

14. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Work and resposibility are part of being an adult, get used to it. Get yourself a parttime job and work that till you figure out what you want to do in life. Now theres lots of selfemployed jobs out there but you have to be a selfmotivator to make it work.

15. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Yeh I will only do part time work. I dunno may move to Bristol also for the night life lol. x

16. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

lol, what about cardiff? the night life is regarded as one of the best in the u.k

and it's wales, after all... bristol is rubbish.

17. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Really Cardiff? Well im looking for nightlife as in old skool loveeee it. :)

18. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

in fall fairness, cardiff and bristol are both good - was only yanking the engurland chain.

for the record, you just need to find a more vocational job. not everybody does things that they hate

where's antithesis when you want her??? she has a really cool job and proves the rule :eggnog:

19. CharlieBrown89

CharlieBrown89 Member

Antithesis?

20. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

"I do not like work even when another person does it." Mark Twain