• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 idioticnumbskull

idioticnumbskull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted November 03 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm trying this on a different forum but I thought I'd try it here too.
I was wondering what your vision of a utopia would be? What kind of cilivization you would like to live in? Take your time thinking about it and be honest, it doesn't have to necassarily be the most free or proper.
The different areas to look at would be:

education- teaching, years in school, subjects taught, schooling vs real life experience.
infrastructure- homes, country/city/suburban living, community buildings, density, would you have managing and population control?
family unit- relationships/ marriage or no marriage/ who raises the children, the community or the family?
sexuality- what's socially acceptable and what's not, free love vs choosing of a select partner(s).
technology- primitive vs futuristic, the sciences, modern conveniences.
culture- the personality of the people, how people make use of their leisure time, social get together's.
Physicality- the shape and look of the people, what the people would evolve into, genetic engineering, wheather it would be seen as okay to use.
Food/intoxicants- individual farming vs mass farming, drugs and alcohol.
Hierarchy- political system, monetary system, chiefs, elders, royalty. Or having no one with power over another individual.

So far I've only got education figured out.

education- I'd have classes on how to recognize sociopathic and psychopathic people. Everyone will be well equipped to recognize when a corrupt individual is spitting the vile venom that they claim to be altruistic rainbows. Classes on human nature and relationships. Survival, taking children out into nature and teaching them how they can fend for themselves. Psychology, how to manage your mind through stresses and deep hardships, including how to keep a level head even if your on psychedelic drugs that warps your perception of space and time. Mechanics and technology, every person should have a basic understanding of how all the things they use in their daily life run and how they can repair it. Memory techniques and mental exercise (this would be the first things taught in the beginning of their schooling). Exercise and the workings of the body. Deeply training all of your senses and building physical acuity. Their would also be classes were the students become the teacher and decide what they find interesting and wish to teach to the rest of the class. The students would alternate each day so everyone has a chance to teach. Of course the basics too, like math. The future would also be a big thing that's taught, what our civilization is and the problems it may have at the moment or that it may be facing in the future. The students would be asked to contemplate where the society is or should be going. When students reach an age of maturity they can decide wheather or not to continue their schooling, and may continue doing so well into adult hood, even into old age.

#2 idioticnumbskull

idioticnumbskull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted November 03 2010 - 06:19 PM

Anarchists are welcome, but you still have to tell how you would raise and educate your children if you are free from any type of civilization. How you would go about living your life out.

#3 Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 06:39 AM

www.oceanarks.org

#4 hotwater

hotwater

• PipPipPip
  • 24,261 posts
  • LocationNorthern New England

Posted November 04 2010 - 09:13 AM

Post apocalyptic landscape with a few scattered bands of humans fighting over a few scraps of meat, canned vegetables, and powdered milk :2thumbsup:

Education: Survival techniques
Infrastructure: How to accessorize your blasted-out structure
Family Unit: Ragtag bunch of misfits
Sexuality: Radiation induced sterility and impotence
Technology: Stone Age
Culture: Tetherball with human heads
Physicality: Slow, melancholy, post-traumatic stress
Food/intoxicants: The family dog & cat; followed inevitably by cannibalism
Hierarchy: The biggest baddest guy is in charge

Hotwater
Never! This is outrageous. I'm through with it. I'll have no more of this hell-spawn!

#5 midgardsun

midgardsun

• PipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 09:34 AM

Either everybody gets their asses up right now to make permaculture, stop wasting energy, stop using money, stop polluting, stop eating meat or

Education: Survival techniques
Infrastructure: How to accessorize your blasted-out structure
Family Unit: Ragtag bunch of misfits
Sexuality: Radiation induced sterility and impotence
Technology: Stone Age
Culture: Tetherball with human heads
Physicality: Slow, melancholy, post-traumatic stress
Food/intoxicants: The family dog & cat; followed inevitably by cannibalism
Hierarchy: The biggest baddest guy is in charge

Posted Image

#6 idioticnumbskull

idioticnumbskull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 01:26 PM

Remember I'm talking about building a civilization from the ground up. Not necessarily trying to fix this one. What kind of world you would really like to live in. Wheather that be a primivitist tribal culture, or a futuristic wonderland. It can be completely free, or with you as supreme ruler over everybody. An honest telling of the world you would truly like to live in.

#7 Vernadead

Vernadead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 02:08 PM

I'm trying this on a different forum but I thought I'd try it here too.
I was wondering what your vision of a utopia would be? What kind of cilivization you would like to live in? Take your time thinking about it and be honest, it doesn't have to necassarily be the most free or proper.
The different areas to look at would be:

education- teaching, years in school, subjects taught, schooling vs real life experience.
infrastructure- homes, country/city/suburban living, community buildings, density, would you have managing and population control?
family unit- relationships/ marriage or no marriage/ who raises the children, the community or the family?
sexuality- what's socially acceptable and what's not, free love vs choosing of a select partner(s).
technology- primitive vs futuristic, the sciences, modern conveniences.
culture- the personality of the people, how people make use of their leisure time, social get together's.
Physicality- the shape and look of the people, what the people would evolve into, genetic engineering, wheather it would be seen as okay to use.
Food/intoxicants- individual farming vs mass farming, drugs and alcohol.
Hierarchy- political system, monetary system, chiefs, elders, royalty. Or having no one with power over another individual.

Education: 26 years of ed or more.
Basically the same as is now for the first ten years.
At the 11th year starts enlightenment training, self help and psychic development. At year 15 begins free picking of classes, very little requirements to pass.
At year 20 begins higher education.

Infra: The world would be connected as one country, but population in a specific area can create states, which may interlap, but no strong government regulation or taxation outside of the minimum the would exist. States can have events, organizations and etc, but no army. Urban Areas are situated on large towers that are self balancing and protected from natural disaster. Between towers are bridges and suburban centers in the sky. The ground below is mostly farmland and untamed reserves to nature. Management includes enforcement of basic laws, and taxation (which studies of people and environment will determine how it is spent). There are no prisoners, only blinded criminals blasted from the tallest tower and wind-glides far into unknown wilderness to be dealt with by nature.

Family- There would be spiritual ceremonies similar to marriage, but not religious. A family will usually live in the same tower or sky base.

Sex- Free love, there is no definition of perversion except for rape. No age laws, gender laws, race laws.

Tech- Primative warfare tech, no big huge cars only use of legs or animals to carry you. The technology available makes well for adventurers. Use of Magic and prayer, charmed items. Farming technology is more than up to par with ours, but green. all Technology requiring a power source uses protons.

Culture- Very enlightenment based, no sense of lasting guilt, no shyness or shame. Forgiving and self forgiving, able to love all (does not mean being mushy, you can not like someone but still love them.) Other than that, music and media culture is kept free from unnecessary and marketing brainwashing.

Phys- crystaline blue beings, genetic engineering only used to create beings beneficial to humans and other animals, or use for harvesting. (animals created for surgical purposes should not be able to feel pain, and already be in a very low mental/evolutionary state.

Food/intox- Farming is allowed, but monitored. 40% of all farms must be organic. Farms for drugs and medicines must be organic. No alcohol or tobacco.

Hierarchy- No hierarchy, but government made from the masses. All towers must hold voting centers and must be counted and added as total. All political discussions should be monitored by 30 citizen volunteers to analyze for any corruption. Volunteers must not present bias, but make sure no laws that are beneficial to few and harmful for many are passed. Government is only used for its most basic jobs.

#8 Duck

Duck

quack.

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,857 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 02:12 PM

I don't believe in the slightest possibility of one.

Check out my poetry

Stand up for your rights.

#9 idioticnumbskull

idioticnumbskull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 02:15 PM

Education: 26 years of ed or more.
Basically the same as is now for the first ten years.
At the 11th year starts enlightenment training, self help and psychic development. At year 15 begins free picking of classes, very little requirements to pass.
At year 20 begins higher education.

Infra: The world would be connected as one country, but population in a specific area can create states, which may interlap, but no strong government regulation or taxation outside of the minimum the would exist. States can have events, organizations and etc, but no army. Urban Areas are situated on large towers that are self balancing and protected from natural disaster. Between towers are bridges and suburban centers in the sky. The ground below is mostly farmland and untamed reserves to nature. Management includes enforcement of basic laws, and taxation (which studies of people and environment will determine how it is spent). There are no prisoners, only blinded criminals blasted from the tallest tower and wind-glides far into unknown wilderness to be dealt with by nature.

Family- There would be spiritual ceremonies similar to marriage, but not religious. A family will usually live in the same tower or sky base.

Sex- Free love, there is no definition of perversion except for rape. No age laws, gender laws, race laws.

Tech- Primative warfare tech, no big huge cars only use of legs or animals to carry you. The technology available makes well for adventurers. Use of Magic and prayer, charmed items. Farming technology is more than up to par with ours, but green. all Technology requiring a power source uses protons.

Culture- Very enlightenment based, no sense of lasting guilt, no shyness or shame. Forgiving and self forgiving, able to love all (does not mean being mushy, you can not like someone but still love them.) Other than that, music and media culture is kept free from unnecessary and marketing brainwashing.

Phys- crystaline blue beings, genetic engineering only used to create beings beneficial to humans and other animals, or use for harvesting. (animals created for surgical purposes should not be able to feel pain, and already be in a very low mental/evolutionary state.

Food/intox- Farming is allowed, but monitored. 40% of all farms must be organic. Farms for drugs and medicines must be organic. No alcohol or tobacco.

Hierarchy- No hierarchy, but government made from the masses. All towers must hold voting centers and must be counted and added as total. All political discussions should be monitored by 30 citizen volunteers to analyze for any corruption. Volunteers must not present bias, but make sure no laws that are beneficial to few and harmful for many are passed. Government is only used for its most basic jobs.

Thanks for the response :2thumbsup: (no alcohol or tobacco :()

#10 idioticnumbskull

idioticnumbskull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted November 04 2010 - 02:17 PM

I don't believe in the slightest possibility of one.

I don't expect it to come true, it's just interesting to think about.

Click to shop at Herbies Head Shop