Astrology questions and concepts megathread

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Enlil6, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

If they were born on different years, they will be drastically different. Planets will be in different signs.

If they were born on the same day and year, but different times and places, the rising signs will be different, and probably the Sun and Moon will be in different degrees.

If they were born at different times in the same city, then again the Sun, Moon, and rising signs will likely be different.

Rising signs change about every 2 hours, but even if they were born with the same rising signs, the charts will still be quite different, such as planets' house placements.

If they were born on the same year, day, place, and time, then that's just weird.

2. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

I met someone born on by birthday aug. 31 on 1988 like me! how different can we be?

3. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

The time will alter some sign and planet placements - mostly Sun and Moon. Signs move from house to house roughly every two hours, and the planets with them.

Even if it was the exact same time, which is unlikely, the place will alter the sign placements somewhat.

I know in traditional astrology, five minutes can make the difference between a planet being strong or weak.

I make charts to time rituals. One of the key planets in every chart is the Moon. Often I only have a ten minute window - maybe 15 minutes to do the entire thing. This is because the Moon is so fast moving. It can make the difference between an ideal time to do the ritual, and a horrible one.

Take that idea to birth charts, and you can see why time and place matter.

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I have been looking at some charts here lately, and have noted some aspects (both in transits and in natal chart) with midheaven, and some nodal aspects.
    I am most interested in hearing what all/different things midheaven and nodes represent and affects from aspects and transits. Because aren't they considered spots in the heavens, as opposed to planets or moon.

Are these particular aspects/transits considered as important as, less, about the same or etc as others...I guess all patterns should be noted, yes?

Thank you for your time. :)

5. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

I'm not hugely into transits, but from most accounts, any angular transit is notable. The angels are the 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th houses. Plus, these houses are usually the same degrees regardless of which house system you use except for whole signs.

The 10th refers to the public, career, important people, and so on. Traditionally this is the house of the mother, though in modern it's the father. I don't know why it was switched.

The nodes are problematic in modern astrology I think. Usually they are considered to represent karma, past lives, and things like that. How you are supposed to prove anything like that is beyond me. I also have no idea what use that could be in a transit.

In traditional, the nodes only affect planets they are conjunct with. We don't worry about aspects in this case. The north node adds qualities, and the south node subtracts qualities.

What this means is that the north node is conjunct a benefic, it adds good qualities. If it's conjunct a malefic, it adds malefic qualities. The south node when conjunct a benefic lessens benefic qualities, but when conjunct a malefic lessens malefic qualities.

So, you want the north node to be conjunct Jupiter and Venus, and want the south node conjunct Saturn and Mars.

If a node is in a house by itself, the north node generally adds benefic qualities, and the south node adds malefic qualities.

Hey if you're confused about these points not being physical bodies, then try getting into Arabic Parts. None of those are physical points, and there are dozens of them!

6. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Thanks, Enlil -
    What does the midheaven placement mean/affect? :)

7. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

Oops I mentioned it above, but I wasn't clear enough. The 10th cusp is the same as midheaven in most house systems - except for whole signs. It's just like the 1st cusp is the same as ascendant.

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Duh, I knew that! Thanks anyway. :)

9. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

Just to make sure, was that what you wanted to know?

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

If nodes are supposed to be indicative of karma/"stuff" from past lives, etc.- is MC or midheaven indicative of mother, father, "regular" (ha) 10th house matters, or what?

11. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

Ah..

Well if you ask me, and you are, the midheaven (and 10th house) will deal with career, mother, and recognition. I don't subscribe to the nodes being karma and past lives. I think at the end of the day that info is useless.

If the north node is transiting your midheaven, I'd look for that area receiving something beneficial. If it's the south node I'd see it getting a hit. Of course if a node is transiting your midheaven, then the other node is also transiting your 4th house.

12. esotv

esotv Guest

Hi All !

I would like to meet people with esoteric interest and share my experiences. I always had a desire to learn in depths regarding astrology and divination, and I have 1-2 years semi-professional experience with Tarrot fortune telling. I am very open minded and I would like to learn more respectfully from those who have more professional working experience in this field. Thought I'm an amateur, I take this very seriously and I give all my best to further develop my skills, help and guidance is appreciated.

13. Mrdude46

Mrdude46 Member

I'm becoming interested in astrology and tarot,
    where do I begin?

Thanks
    Dan

14. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

If you want general modern astrology, try "Parker's Astrology".
    If you want psychological, try Dane Rhudyar's books.
    If you want traditional, get William Lilly's "Christian Astrology".

15. jmt

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

Micah 5:12

thier for thier isnt a "christian" astrology.

16. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

I'm not sure what you just said.

17. jmt

look it up. am basically saying thier ISNT any "christain" astrology. God HATES IT.

18. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

Dude, that's just the name of the book. It was written in the 17th century. There's no Christian doctrine in it. Look it up.

19. jmt

^^ . then Y would he name it that? can you help me out?

20. Enlil6

Enlil6 Member

Safety. He wrote it in the middle of the English Civil War, and he was against the throne. You can't piss everyone off at the same time.