• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 MyEulogy

MyEulogy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 02:23 PM

cool thanks! now i can stop being skeptical about it :)

#22 trekker

trekker

Intrepid Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted January 07 2008 - 07:46 AM

The problem that leads to skepticism is the fact that Astrology can't be proved accurate with the scientific method. It is an intuitive science or art or whatever you want to label it.
Visualize Whirrled Peas!

#23 MyEulogy

MyEulogy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted January 07 2008 - 08:00 AM

That was kind of out of context..but yes thank you, i'm sure we're all well aware of this.

#24 Enlil6

Enlil6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted January 07 2008 - 02:58 PM

The problem that leads to skepticism is the fact that Astrology can't be proved accurate with the scientific method. It is an intuitive science or art or whatever you want to label it.

I actually have to highly take exception to this.

Modern astrology is largely intuitive like you said.

Traditional astrology is largely NOT intuitive. It is based on specific techniques. I rarely use intuition when doing a reading. Sometimes I'm wrong, but I usually chalk it up to some misunderstanding on my part.

Tarot cards are a different story...

#25 trekker

trekker

Intrepid Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted January 08 2008 - 11:43 AM

I actually have to highly take exception to this.

Modern astrology is largely intuitive like you said.

Traditional astrology is largely NOT intuitive. It is based on specific techniques. I rarely use intuition when doing a reading. Sometimes I'm wrong, but I usually chalk it up to some misunderstanding on my part.

Tarot cards are a different story...

I see your point about tarot. I find the old school astrology doesn't seem to work though. I like the new astrology much better.
Visualize Whirrled Peas!

#26 Enlil6

Enlil6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted January 08 2008 - 03:14 PM

I see your point about tarot. I find the old school astrology doesn't seem to work though. I like the new astrology much better.

How does it not work? Not picking a fight, but I'd like to know why you think this.

#27 trekker

trekker

Intrepid Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted January 10 2008 - 05:19 AM

How does it not work? Not picking a fight, but I'd like to know why you think this.

I find that it does not acurately predict what a person is trying to be and how they will develop as well as modern astrology. I am sure it has relevance because it spawned modern astrology. There is much to be learned from the history of a subject whatever that subject may be. I respect your view and am open to learning. The old astrology just isn't as psychological oriented as modern, and I like the psychology aspect of astrology.
Visualize Whirrled Peas!

#28 Enlil6

Enlil6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted January 10 2008 - 08:34 AM

I find that it does not acurately predict what a person is trying to be and how they will develop as well as modern astrology. I am sure it has relevance because it spawned modern astrology. There is much to be learned from the history of a subject whatever that subject may be. I respect your view and am open to learning. The old astrology just isn't as psychological oriented as modern, and I like the psychology aspect of astrology.

Actually that is the difference between the two.

The short answer is that modern astrology isn't equipped to make clear and hard predictions of what will happen.

Traditional astrology can't do psychology well.

In my mind, I don't have a use for psychological astrology, but I can see why some people like it.

My only issue is that many people, including astrologers, think that the only kind of astrology is psychological and don't realize it can do much much more. However I think that saying traditional astrology "doesn't work" is a very strong and incorrect statement which requires more details if that's what you think.

I don't take these kinds of arguments personally. I can still have a beer with you!Posted Image

#29 trekker

trekker

Intrepid Traveler

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted January 10 2008 - 02:18 PM

Your absolutely right about classical astrology being valid. I just have no use for it. As for the beer, sounds great.
Visualize Whirrled Peas!

#30 NaTaLyNa87

NaTaLyNa87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted February 27 2008 - 03:05 PM

www.astro.com

Enjoy ppl! :butterfly