Can illegal immigrants get Social Security benefits???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Fawkes, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

That is messed up!!!!! I read something online about a motion in congress to allow illegal immigrants access to social security benefits. That is so wrong on so many levels!!! Is this true??? SS makes me so mad. When I retire I am going to rely on SS . . . to make my car payments. That is about all its going to be good for, especially if we are paying for half the western hemisphere!! We should be able to have control over our own accounts, like some other countries.

I posted this on yahoo as well, but didn't really get any good answers. So you may have seen this Q before. The people here tend to give better answers and may be a little more intelligent, I dunno.

Thanks

2. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

So many issues get me pissed that our Goverment does with illegal immigrants. ITS UNREAL. Most illegals have better health care then hard working Americans. If you think about it if I were poor in a 3rd world country why not come to America they don't inforce there laws on immigrants so you have nothing to fear. I can get on Welfare money for Rent and my pocket and food stamps and free Health Care for me and my family. and now even Social Security And the best part is I don't have to pay any money back into the systum because I get paid off the books. Its just crazy how much they suck of off the systum and how much crime they bring with them.I am all for people coming into this country the legal way but something has to be done with illegals they hurt this country in so many ways !!!!!

3. bigtree

bigtree Member

my parents are illegal immigrants and they pay taxes like everyone else they aren't mooching off anyone and when every one gets their tax money back, guess who doesn't. My family hasn't had any government help i.e food stamps, welfare. My dad is still paying taxes from three years ago, so fuck you.

4. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

I guess your Mom and Dad are like a immigrant normality ? You should have them go to scientist to run studies and test to see why they are not milking of the system ??? LOL

5. WalkerInTheWoods

WalkerInTheWoods Member

Fawkes, I believe what you are refering to is legislation that would give immigrants access to our Social Security if they have paid into the similar system in their home country. They have to forfeit their homeland "social security" in order to get it here. This is what I heard awhile back and don't know the details, but I am assuming this is what you heard about.

As far as I am aware one has to pay into Social Security to get anything out of it.

How do illegal immigrants get free health care?

6. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

awww so now you have to pay taxes just like everyone else here. Wake up call.

7. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Is there some thing about a stranger being born out of the USA that gives citizens the right to be mean to that stranger?

I know a couple of illegal immigenats. They are good honest folks. (Anyone who drives above the speed limit or smokes weed is not allowed to call immegrants "crooked" simply on the basis of their lack of papers.) I don't want them to move away.

Treat people like people, not like cars that need proper registration papers.

8. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Nice post.

9. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

walker is correct,,,,
    at this point they cant get benefits here in form of social security and most do pay into the system of soc sec,,, unfortunately most ppl do not take the time and actually see this and just take snippits from media that are already skewed n twist them more... stop n think of all the ppl that do pay into our system to never reap a dime of what they have put into it because of there status,,,,

10. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

probably the best stated argument for the immigrants I have ever heard

my orginal argument was gonna say the government shouldn't see them as people, but as criminals
    but the more I think about it, the more our government seems to need to learn to think of people as people

11. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

^ yes people who are illegal though....did you guys ever hear about that story of a girl in virginia who was killed by a drunk driver who was illegal. Though he didnt get charged or anything because of lack of membership to america. Or what about when an illegal goes to a hospital and gets FREE care and then the americans are left paying EXTRA EXTRA on taxes just so some "people" can live on our great countries soil. I will start treating illegals fairly once they start treating americans fairly.

12. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

people all over this country dont get charged for things cuz of various reasons,,,, ya just dont hear about it,,,, its publicized when they do something for the sake of pissin off the ppl ,,,

13. Duck

^ does that make it any better?

14. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

does it make it any different?

15. Duck

well, it ruins your whole argument, so I guess so.

16. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

it does ,, does it???

17. Duck

you say it happens all the time
    but was only publicized in this case to piss people off

I say that that doesn't make it any better
    and therefore, should still be opposed.

18. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

oppose it all we wish... complaining does nothing in the end,,, it requires actions n actions no one is willing to take on any side,,, wastes a whole buncha energy really in the end why does no one put it to better usage... gah

19. Duck

^ such as yourself?

20. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

yes.........:)