95 replies to this topic

#31 NaykidApe

NaykidApe

Bomb the Ban

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,418 posts

Posted August 08 2005 - 12:44 PM

As far as dumpster diving goes, it works for a lot more than food. You can find lots of great stuff in there (depending on what dumpsters you dive) that you can trade for whatever you need/want. Do a google search, you'll find sites about it, people finding all kinds of great stuff, electronics, musical instruments, books, music, picture frames, etc. Stuff you can't imagine people throwing out.

Truth! I've even found money in dumpsters.
Again, college towns . It's amazing what some of the students throw away, especially at the end of each semester when they're going home on break and especially after graduation.

I've found brand new clothes with the tags still on them, appliances that worked just fine, boxes of canned goods, jewelry, lots and lots of books, cd's, and, my favorite, bikes and bicycle parts.

sometimes the kids throw away something perfectly good just so they don't have to cart it home with them.

I know of people that make quite a bit of $ just picking through the students discards and selling them at the swap meets and flea markets.
  • poffeeste likes this
whining does you no good, It amuses your enemies and annoys your friends.
---Burma Shave

#32 Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl

rhapsody in pink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted September 02 2005 - 12:01 AM

This is a great thread,Naykid :)

Posted Image

#33 NaykidApe

NaykidApe

Bomb the Ban

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,418 posts

Posted September 04 2005 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Wonder Girl.

there's more to come, but I haven't been able to get online much lately.
---Burma Shave

#34 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted October 15 2005 - 02:01 PM

wow this is alot of information.. about the rainbow guide you ssay you can order one but i can't find where to do so on the site you gave.

"It is much easier to show compassions to animals. They are never wicked."

-Haile Selassie
=Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Scarlit Rose Flowz

Scarlit Rose Flowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted November 06 2005 - 10:03 PM

How legal is all of this? I understand how truly amazing and fun such a lifestyle is, but what are the risks if bad karma catches up with you?

And what do you think about stealing ape? I'm all for it in a lot of corporate places, like Wal-mart for example. Plus stealing comes so natural to me, gives me a chance to tap into my intuitive and aware nature...
Posted ImageFantasy will set you free If you know, teach...
and speak out against the madness

#36 Silly Angel

Silly Angel

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted November 08 2005 - 08:23 PM

No matter how much you are against a corporation, some people depend on their jobs at those corporation. The more shrink they have (caused mostly by theft), the less pay and benefits their employees recieve. Just remember how many people it affects before you do things out of spite.
Peace,
Christy

#37 NaykidApe

NaykidApe

Bomb the Ban

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,418 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 02:38 PM

Listen guys, I didn't intend for this thread to be a question and answer thing (check out the opening post). I want it to be something people can refer to without having to sort through alot of non-informational posts.

As far as stealing goes I'll say this; I've seen alot of miracles out here. One always shows up when I need it.
Stealing would be a way of telling the universe I don't need one, so maybe I wouldn't get one, so I'd be missing out.
---Burma Shave

#38 Scarlit Rose Flowz

Scarlit Rose Flowz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted November 09 2005 - 04:54 PM

I really like the way you put that naykid, and you may have changed my mind a bit about stealing. I still think stealing from wal-mart though is a pretty healthy hobby to endulge in now and then, and could be deemed a miracle as well... that we've been blessed enough with the awareness and intuition to steal, and to have evil corporations around with more than plenty to steal from.

Would you mind sharin' some of the miracles you've experienced to inspire or maybe change my mind more, perhaps in another thread.. or is too sacred for words or sharing???
Posted ImageFantasy will set you free If you know, teach...
and speak out against the madness

#39 tommyb

tommyb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted December 03 2005 - 09:24 PM

speaking of stealing; the college store at my college has very little security. They installed a camera in recent months, but its not monitored. The workers are students and don't care. I'd imagine most colleges are probably the same, easy to get a free meal. Even the food courts are excessible during peak hours.

Everyone once in a while i take something and I don't feel guilty. The company running our food court is sodexho, a subsidiary of marriot. They've been known to run prisons in Britain and Australia. Their food is mass produced garbage - so why should i feel bad about stealing garbage...
"I wondered why I couldn't go the whole way doing what I should anymore. This made me sad and tired. Then I wondered why I couldn't go the whole way doing what I shouldn't... this made me sadder and more tired."
- Sylvia Plath

#40 NaykidApe

NaykidApe

Bomb the Ban

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,418 posts

Posted December 24 2005 - 02:45 PM

Here's a great thread with alot of helpful links;

Cheap Living for Dummies ( Posted Image 1 2 3 ... Last Page )
cacophony
---Burma Shave

Click to shop at In Harmony Herbs and Spice