what's your favourite breakfast?

Discussion in 'Breakfast' started by cerridwen, Mar 24, 2006.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

From plain yogurt I make yogurt cheese (I line a pasta strainer with paper coffee filters and dump in the yogurt, and set it over a pot to catch the liquid, left overnight and you get a cheezy texture) and mix it with 1 container of vanilla or banana yogurt. I then mix the yogurt in a bowl with granola.... so awesome....

2. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

i love waffles.plain.strawberry.blueberry.you get the idea.with a side of fruit.
    kiwis.bananas.oranges.strawberries.etc...:)

3. Yoseff

Yoseff Music Addict

Fresh bread and a hunk of cheese
    Fruit of any sort excluding citrus... Melon is great!

4. braindead_babe

braindead_babe Member

fruity pebbles but it makes my mouth feel waxy.

5. ssreetnulov

ssreetnulov Member

Kashi shredded wheat and yogurt and granola with rasins and almonds andd pineapple juice

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I'd have to go with a slice of whole grain toast with peanut butter, wheat germ, and a drizzle of honey on top. Yummy!

7. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

If I'm up for a treat it has to be kedgerie - rice,egg,fish,and a dash of curry powder.
    With a glass of cranberry juice

8. phishcourtney04

phishcourtney04 Member

migas! or breakfast tacos....i'm a texas girl!

-or really any leftovers from the night before...i'm not much of a sweet person (like donuts or pancakes), but i would gladly eat cold spaghetti or chinese food in the am

9. *ariana*

*ariana* Member

cereal - usually oatmeal...
    nothing beats that in my opinion..:)

10. Yell

Yell Member

The only thing holding me back from vegetarian to vegan: eggs.

I love eggs and toast for breakfast!

11. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

I have decided that the next step in my journey towards becoming vegetarian is to stop eating breakfast at McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts every day. However, I don't knowwhat to replace it with. I usually swing through the drive through on my way to work and then I eat while I'm going through my email every morning. Any suggestions for quick easy on the go breakfast.

Kathi

12. aphrodite_pretty

aphrodite_pretty Member

Hmmmm... so many to choose from. Scrambled eggs wrapped in a tortilla with cheese and sauted veggies. Light fluffy pancakes with NutriWhip. Vanilla yogart with fruit and oatmeal. Hot porridge with honey and crushe almonds..........

God I'm hungry. :p

13. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Sounds good but what about ON THE GO.

Kathi

14. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

DM, what about keeping a small skillet on the stove. Keep eggs, veggie sausage, english muffins and bagels (already split for ease in the mornings) and sliced fruits (kept in lemon juice to stop browning) in your fridge.

In the mornings, throw a bagel or EM under the broiler, heat a veggie sausage pattie in the skillet, quick-fry a sandwich egg, and assemble your own on-the-go breakfast sandwich! Throw some fruit into a container to take with you. Drink with a v-8 or similar veggie juice to get some veggies into your system!

15. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Cheesey potatoes, scrambled eggs & buttered toast! Or my Mom's famous crepes with tons of maple syrup..

16. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Shirred Eggs and Ham... bring me back to my Yankee routes. Unfortunately also bring me far away from my vegetarian culture.

http://www.yankeemagazine.com/recipes/search/onerecipe.php?number=1521

Shirred Eggs and Ham
    Yield: 1 dozen eggs

This recipe for shirring eggs in ham cups provides an elegant way to serve ham and eggs to a large group.

12 slices ham, such as Westphalia*
    12 medium eggs
    12 teaspoons heavy cream
    1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
    Zest of 1 lemon
    6 teaspoons pimentos, drained
    Freshly ground pepper
    4 strands fresh chive for garnish
    Boiling water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare 12 nonstick muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Line each cup with a slice of ham. Into each cup crack 1 egg; add 1 teaspoon cream, 1/4 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, a pinch of zest, and 1/2 teaspoon pimentos. Add freshly ground pepper to taste (the ham and cheese provide enough salt). Using scissors, snip a little chive over each cup. Set a baking dish (large enough to hold the muffin tins) on a rack in the middle of the oven, and pour one inch of boiling water into dish. Set tins in water bath and bake eggs until whites are opaque, about 12 to 15 minutes for medium-hard-cooked eggs. Use a spatula to remove eggs onto a small, shallow serving dish.

Comments
    Note: Cook eggs long enough so that yolks are at least partly set; otherwise eggs will spill out of the ham "cups" when removed from the tins. For soft-cooked eggs, use ramekins instead of muffin tins. Line ramekins with bite-size pieces of ham; bake and serve directly in ramekins.

*Ham slices should be large enough to fill bottom and sides of muffin cups, and sliced thinly enough to mold into cups without splitting.

17. Lorpi

Lorpi Member

Cheerios all the way...

18. Yell

Yell Member

McDonalds has REALLY GOOD fruit and yogurt parfaits for only $1. They are a lot more filling than I expected, and quite a healthy breakfast :) If it's not enough, they also have muffins there. It's an option :)

19. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm changing my response. It's now low fat cottage cheese omelette with freshly lain eggs from the front porch chickens!

20. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

I like large pancakes with margarine & sugar-free orange marmalade & fresh ground coffee.