What will you NOT miss in the Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by skip, Jul 12, 2018.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

What will you NOT miss in the Future?
    Think about technological, political, cultural, environmental changes

Driving, esp. long distances!

Donald Trump and the Republicans running this country into the ground.

Our president being Putin's puppet.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I won't miss society once it's gone. Like Mad Max I'll be a one man crime fighting MACHINE, traveling the deserted roads of a dystopian America in the last of the V-8s, my trusted dingo at my side.

Slunted, scratcho and GLENGLEN like this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i'm trying to decide if I want to base my answer on a progressive future or a dystopia

scratcho and pensfan13 like this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

A dystopian future seems more likely to me. If we are to avoid eventual extinction we'll have to be rid of fundamentalism, nationalism, racism...all the 'isms' that have plagued us since the beginning. As individuals we'll need all the education we can possibly get. Letting children grow up ignorant should be a crime. It will take all our reserves of intelligence, wisdom and compassion or we'll be destroyed.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

heh, I won't miss big words when we all get back to grunting at one another :p

Slunted, GLENGLEN and pensfan13 like this.
  6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I WON'T miss another episode of....

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I wont miss speaking out loud or typing messages once we have developed telepathy

8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I won't miss this shit. I was hoping this would phase out after the 90s, but it's still here. I'm not sure why this is cool to lot of folks....

image.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    scratcho, GLENGLEN and pensfan13 like this.
  9. Eric!

I won't miss people that feel they are entitled because of their wealth, social status, race, etc.
    Eventhough I'm optimistic that this frame of mind won't exist in the future, I fear it will actually be worse
    than it is now. Much worse.............

scratcho and GeorgeJetStoned like this.
  10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Robots taking our jobs. And Mexicans can't forget about Mexicans taking our jobs.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

dude careful what you wish for: the skinny jean phase now is really dumb

12. Eric!

Oh, THAT shit TOO!

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I understand the logic behind baggies. Eventually their ass will grow into them.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

christians and white people

Slunted, Boogabaah and themnax like this.
  15. Eric!

The Kardashians

Slunted and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nations as we know them, excessive human population and its destructiveness of the very means of its own existence.

that is, after the ecopocalypse, which i don't expect to see complete itself in what remains of my this lifetime.

nor do i expect my next to be on this earth. but those are among what won't be missed by those who will be living then.

possibly humans as we know them today at all, as the meek will have pointy ears and fluffy tails.

the automobile (they'll be in museums or as toys for hobbyists). also trying to make everything have to be about money.

also wars, guns or slavery. but i don't expect anyone reading this to understand how such a complete break with everything they think they know is possible.

i'll just say, when 98% of everyone dies of slow combinations of previously unknown and unimagined illnesses, and the only successful births are unrecongnizable as human,
    i rather suspect that will make a fairly big impact on who those who are born into that world will look at things.

i do not doubt media will call it the world ending, though really, almost the only actually ending will be humans.

scratcho likes this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

POST apocalypse, isn't distopia. distopia/mad max, is apocalypse still going on.
    POST apocalyps, is AFTER all the amo has been shot up, and no one is making any more guns.

and a tiny population living in widely scattered villages, with lots of ruins to raid for texts and technologies from our time, isn't the end of the road for technological development,
    only a major speed bump in the direction we're currently headed.

post ecopocalyptic railways and their world by themnax

18. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Definitely Donald Trump. I almost hope he wins again, just so we won't have to worry about him popping up every four years like some demented jack in the box. then the next few presidents can spend their terms undoing the damage and possibly cleaning up after WWIII.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

and lets not forget about mexican robots

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I wouldnt mind the population of the earth going back to only 1 million, as long as I am one of them of course